Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

You have proof of all your claims, I gather?

Nevertheless, why has the CDC not publicly protested if what you claim is so? Weren't peoples' lives at stake? Certainly many in the CDC would have and should have come forward, no matter the professional consequences, one would think? If they did, I must have missed all of them, and that's entirely possible.

First and foremost the CDC is a bureaucracy - they by definition protect themselves and work at their own speed. Trump would have been far better listening to somebody at the CDC who was actually working on things than to listen to an administrator at any level.

Trump's interviews with Woodward make it very clear that he was well aware of how "deadly" the Coronavirus was... and I put the word deadly in quotes because Trump specifically uses that word to describe the virus. Trump was downplaying the threat throughout February and early March. There is no way to listen to those audio recordings and deny that.

"You just breathe the air and that's how it's passed. And so that's a very tricky one. That's a very delicate one. It's also more deadly than even your strenuous flu. This is deadly stuff." Donald Trump, speaking to Bob Woodward on February 7th.

However, Donald Trump did compare the seasonal flu to the Coronavirus in late March, during a Fox News town hall in the Rose Garden with Bill Hemmer. Trump noted that the economy was not shut down for the seasonal flu. "But we've never closed down the country for the flu. So you say to yourself, 'What is this all about?'" Trump was being very disingenuous here. His interviews with Woodward make it clear that he knew the Coronavirus was more deadly.

The timeline does not look good for Trump. He was comparing the Coronavirus to the seasonal flu well into March, even though he was on an audio recording telling Woodward in early February that the Coronavirus was much more deadly.

Like I said... you have spin control. Trump's own words don't look good. He did downplay the virus.
You state he was in late March comparing the virus to the flu but yet he had declared a National emergency and the projections for cases and deaths were being reported. Does not sound like the administration was downplaying. Sorry but your spin is not working.

Reactions: AM64
You state he was in late March comparing the virus to the flu but yet he had declared a National emergency and the projections for cases and deaths were being reported. Does not sound like the administration was downplaying. Sorry but your spin is not working.
No, I'm just stating the timeline. While Trump was speaking to Bill Hemmer of Fox News in late March, he compared the Coronavirus with the seasonal flu, and wondered why we were shutting the economy down for the Coronavirus, since we don't do that for the flu. However, back in February, Trump told Woodward that the Coronavirus was more deadly than the seasonal flu. That isn't spin. Those are Trump's own words, and when he said them. I'm sorry but you can't spin what is on the record.

Reactions: Septic
119463699_1608476929325862_435586084140474664_o.jpg

No, I'm just stating the timeline. While Trump was speaking to Bill Hemmer of Fox News in late March, he compared the Coronavirus with the seasonal flu, and wondered why we were shutting the economy down for the Coronavirus, since we don't do that for the flu. However, back in February, Trump told Woodward that the Coronavirus was more deadly than the seasonal flu. That isn't spin. Those are Trump's own words, and when he said them. I'm sorry but you can't spin what is on the record.
You cannot spin the fact that Trump had already declared a National emergency and the administration was recommending social distancing and shutting things down by late March.

First and foremost the CDC is a bureaucracy - they by definition protect themselves and work at their own speed. Trump would have been far better listening to somebody at the CDC who was actually working on things than to listen to an administrator at any level.

iu

Read it and it doesn't say what you claimed; particularly the part I asked you about. It does jibe however with what I suggested of bottle necks at CDC.

Funny you say that. This just played up on my playlist and saw them when they toured about 10 years ago.

Reactions: StarRaider
You cannot spin the fact that Trump had already declared a National emergency and the administration was recommending social distancing and shutting things down by late March.
And you can't spin that Trump was comparing the Coronavirus to the seasonal flu in late March, well after he had told Woodward that the Coronavirus was more deadly in February. It wouldn't be the first time that Trump's rhetoric was inconsistent with his actions, but that is what happened.

Reactions: Septic
Now apply this same logic to the 2A.
The entire point of the 2A was so citizens could defend themselves against a corrupt government. As long as governments have automatic weapons (it doesnt have to be our government btw) our citizens should be able to have automatic weapons.

Limiting citizens to guns that are vastly inferior to what they would face against a corrupt or invading government goes against the true intent of the 2A.

No, they are Donald Trump's own words during a recorded conversation. There is no BS required from the liberal left. Just a transcript. Like I said, you have spin control. I have Trump's own words... and just as a refresher (because I'm sure you have heard them):

"I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic." - President Donald Trump, speaking to Robert Woodward on March 19th.

And these words are very much at odds with what Trump was publicly saying in February and early March about the serious nature of the Coronavirus.
"I want to keep the country calm. I don’t want panic in the country. I could cause panic much better than even you."

That is Trump publicly a week and a half after the Woodward interview.

That is exactly the same sentiment as what he said to Bob Woodward.

As usual, you are taking the fact that Trump sucks at using exact phrasing and making it out to mean things he did not mean.

"I want to keep the country calm. I don’t want panic in the country. I could cause panic much better than even you."

That is Trump publicly a week and a half after the Woodward interview.

That is exactly the same sentiment as what he said to Bob Woodward.

As usual, you are taking the fact that Trump sucks at using exact phrasing and making it out to mean things he did not mean.
LOL. I'm not doing anything but using Trump's exact words against him. The fact is, what I said was true. Trump told Woodward that the Coronavirus was more deadly than the seasonal flu in February, but then over a month later Trump compared the Coronavirus with the seasonal flu while doing a town hall on Fox News with Bill Hemmer. Trump wondered aloud why we don't shut down the economy for the seasonal flu, but are shutting down the economy for the Coronavirus. Trump was favorably comparing the seasonal flu with the Coronavirus... his interviews with Woodward reveal that he knew better than that.

And you can't spin that Trump was comparing the Coronavirus to the seasonal flu in late March, well after he had told Woodward that the Coronavirus was more deadly in February. It wouldn't be the first time that Trump's rhetoric was inconsistent with his actions, but that is what happened.
The National Emergency and government data on deaths and cases and the future impact on the country superceses(trumps) anything he may have stated in a singular interview. The American public was not deceived at any time and everyone was in the loop for a few weeks prior to the virus gaining a foothold in the US.
This is again political gamesmanship just like the Russia hoax and impeachment. The average intelligent American sees through this charade.

The entire point of the 2A was so citizens could defend themselves against a corrupt government. As long as governments have automatic weapons (it doesnt have to be our government btw) our citizens should be able to have automatic weapons.

Limiting citizens to guns that are vastly inferior to what they would face against a corrupt or invading government goes against the true intent of the 2A.
If you are going to take up arms against a foreign invader, who is going to lead you nitwits? Maybe you think you will go solo, who knows but you will need leadership and coordination with our own military? Now if you feel like your automatic weapons even the playing field against our government then you are seriously mistaking.

If you are going to take up arms against a foreign invader, who is going to lead you nitwits? Maybe you think you will go solo, who knows but you will need leadership and coordination with our own military? Now if you feel like your automatic weapons even the playing field against our government then you are seriously mistaking.
"Wolverines!"

The National Emergency and government data on deaths and cases and the future impact on the country superceses(trumps) anything he may have stated in a singular interview. The American public was not deceived at any time and everyone was in the loop for a few weeks prior to the virus gaining a foothold in the US.
This is again political gamesmanship just like the Russia hoax and impeachment. The average intelligent American sees through this charade.
That is not true. Trump was comparing the Coronavirus to the seasonal flu, and he knew that the Coronavirus was more deadly.

Sheer numbers of people revolting against Govt overreach can bring down a government even one like the US. You are seriously mistaken if you believe this can not happen. It’s not all about the guns.

That is not true. Trump was comparing the Coronavirus to the seasonal flu, and he knew that the Coronavirus was more deadly.
The general American public never believed the virus was like the flu. Several months of watching what iit was doing in China and Europe was enough. It was a red letter day when Trump declared the National Emergency. Long lines started immediately for supplies at most National retail chains and rationing limits were applied immediately. This does not sound like a public which was deceived by Trump. You lose.

The general American public never believed the virus was like the flu. Several months of watching what iit was doing in China and Europe was enough. It was a red letter day when Trump declared the National Emergency. Long lines started immediately for supplies at most National retail chains and rationing limits were applied immediately. This does not sound like a public which was deceived by Trump. You lose.
It wasn't just Trump... but Trump was definitely "playing it down". Rush Limbaugh compared the Coronavirus with the common cold. There were several pundits on Fox News, such as Dr. Drew Pinsky, who were comparing the Coronavirus with the seasonal flu. Pretty much all of the talk show hosts were doing that. Trish Regan went a step too far and was fired over it.

You really can't get around this timeline:

1) Trump tells Woodward on February 7th that the Coronavirus is more deadly than the seasonal flu.

2) Trump compared the Coronavirus with the seasonal on March 24th in the Rose Garden while talking to Bill Hemmer of Fox News. Trump also wondered why we shut down the economy for the Coronavirus when we never do that for the seasonal flu.

Reactions: Mick
It wasn't just Trump... but Trump was definitely "playing it down". Rush Limbaugh compared the Coronavirus with the common cold. There were several pundits on Fox News, such as Dr. Drew Pinsky, who were comparing the Coronavirus with the seasonal flu. Pretty much all of the talk show hosts were doing that. Trish Regan went a step too far and was fired over it.

You really can't get around this timeline:

1) Trump tells Woodward on February 7th that the Coronavirus is more deadly than the seasonal flu.

2) Trump compared the Coronavirus with the seasonal on March 24th in the Rose Garden while talking to Bill Hemmer of Fox News. Trump also wondered why we shut down the economy for the Coronavirus when we never do that for the seasonal flu.
Again the National Emergency was declared prior to March 24th. The public was informed. The public was not deceived by Trump. Fauci at the same time in February is in the record stating Covid was not going to be a big problem. Fauci was part of the medical professionals advising Trump. You lose again. Give up.

VN Store

Back