Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Dr. Marc Siegel made an interesting point last night about how new cases seem to be less severe than before. It is a sort of Darwinian principle or corollary that viruses tend to mutate in the direction of decreasing lethality to their hosts, and Dr. Siegel suggests this mechanism may underlie why death rates are dropping.

I’d like to see the two of them square off in a boxing ring. DeBlasio has the reach on him but would get his stupid ass kicked. Not that I’m any fan of Cuomo.
I have no doubt that DeBlasio would curl up in a fetal position if confronted with anything even remotely confrontational. He seems like that kind of male.

Reactions: RavinDave
I agree. Just even those few hundred people misusing disinfectants was more than I would have thought, though
It's astonishing how many ways people screw up what most of us think is common sense. The anecdotes which still crack me up are the ladies who think they are preventing pregnancy by putting spermicide jelly on their toast.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Florida is reporting three days of all time high numbers of new cases. My thinking is that lower severity of the disease might be a result precautions lowering the viral loads at the time of infection.

I agree. Just even those few hundred people misusing disinfectants was more than I would have thought, though

IIRC when the Trump disinfectant comment happen there were some stories about this and increased calls to Poison Control. It was happening before his comments so they weren't linked but from a nation of Tide Pod eaters I'm not surprised we have this happening.

Gretchen Whitmer to Michigan Residents: ‘Google How to Do a Haircut’

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) dismissed growing impatience with her economic lockdown orders Monday and recommended residents take to the Internet to learn how to cut their own hair.

gretchen-whitmer-live-video-640x480.jpg

Whitmer is easing some restrictions in the coming weeks, but has not budged on allowing barber shops and hair salons to legally reopen.

Whitmer’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs requires 1,800 hours of coursework “satisfactorily” completed in order to obtain a barber license in Michigan.​
The crazy is in the eyes.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
A survey with 500 respondents is not a good sample size.
It’s an online survey..... I’m sure the majority of the people were full of crap......sort of like the anonymous surveys we took when I was in school..... I did extremely hard drugs..... got drunk every day.... had constant unprotected sex.... the reality was I didn’t drink or Do drugs.... I did try for unprotected sex but was largely unsuccessful....... just look at online petitions..... how many are signed by Bart Simpson.... LeBron James.... Sylvester Stallone...... I do feel that there are some who are idiotic enough to do some of this none sense but it is a small %.

Reactions: hjeagle1vol
"Limitations to the survey included that it was for a single point in time and was opt-in rather than a random sampling, the agency said."

"More than a third of Americans misused cleaners and disinfectants to try to prevent infection by the coronavirus, according to a survey taken shortly after President Donald Trump publicly asked whether injecting such products could treat COVID-19."

The CDC should know better than to make the latter statement (generalizing to the population) given the bolded statement (not random sampling). Not sure if Reuters dropped the ball or CDC but without random sampling it is improper to extend findings of a study to the general population. It's research method/sampling theory 101 and anyone who ever took a research methods course should know this.

Another letter with x number of signatures. The new pillar of the left’s arguments.

my favorite part:

The letter writers said they are concerned about health implications of protests, including how tear gas or smoke might cause people to cough, which can spread the coronavirus, and that people may be spending a lot of time together and not able to stay 6 feet apart.

"Limitations to the survey included that it was for a single point in time and was opt-in rather than a random sampling, the agency said."

"More than a third of Americans misused cleaners and disinfectants to try to prevent infection by the coronavirus, according to a survey taken shortly after President Donald Trump publicly asked whether injecting such products could treat COVID-19."

The CDC should know better than to make the latter statement (generalizing to the population) given the bolded statement (not random sampling). Not sure if Reuters dropped the ball or CDC but without random sampling it is improper to extend findings of a study to the general population. It's research method/sampling theory 101 and anyone who ever took a research methods course should know this.
It’s what all studies are nowadays..... they have a conclusion..... set up a test to prove what they want it to say.....

my favorite part:

The letter writers said they are concerned about health implications of protests, including how tear gas or smoke might cause people to cough, which can spread the coronavirus, and that people may be spending a lot of time together and not able to stay 6 feet apart.
Covid is a myth right now..... hardly anyone getting sick.... proof that you can still test positive up to at least four months after original contact.

Reactions: 508mikey
my favorite part:

I feel like we have taken the first step into an alternate universe in 2020. People like this must have existed all around us before but just remained quiet.

Reactions: BigOrangeD

VN Store

Back