Lasting impression of OL Coach Elarbee

Agree but lets go with"nasty" instead of "dirty." Wouldn't want anyone to mistake the Vols for the Ga dawgs.
Just my opinion... but I think Mizzou was a lot like and maybe a little worse than UGA.

OTOH, when it is "them" they're dirty... when it is "us" we're nasty and aggressive. "They" hit late. "We" play through the whistle.

I have been married for 41 years (just not to the same woman!;)). Never said I was upset by the silence. Actually I was so upset by the way we had played that I welcomed the silence. Gave me a chance to think about who I would like as our next coach. I can honestly say that the list I built in my head did NOT include a certain Bama DC! As far as 12 bottles of JD being pricey I'd gladly pay 10X that to beat Florida and Bama in the same season at least once before I die!
I would just about bet you that 120 bottles of JD that your list did not include New Coach either.
Anybody but Lyle would not count as on your list.
I am simple minded, that WAS my entire list.

Coach Elarbee once he hits the field for practice will feel like a kid on Christmas Day with lots of toys because he has probably the most talent he has ever worked with. the one big thing is his condition coach getting this group in the playing shape he will require. One thing for sure we as fans will find out were the players overrated or poorly coached. I am putting my bet on poorly Coached. In CHRIST Alone.

Just my opinion... but I think Mizzou was a lot like and maybe a little worse than UGA.

OTOH, when it is "them" they're dirty... when it is "us" we're nasty and aggressive. "They" hit late. "We" play through the whistle.
JMHO, but an OL without a bit of mean streak is just not trying .

Reactions: OrangeRaid Vol #1
I would just about bet you that 120 bottles of JD that your list did not include New Coach either.
Anybody but Lyle would not count as on your list.
I am simple minded, that WAS my entire list.
Can't take that bet because you are correct in that CJH was not on my list. Hoping that turns out to be an oversight on my part and that he becomes wildly successful at UT. I remember when he was QB for the Sooners but after that he fell off my radar until he was announced as the replacement for Frost at UCF. TBH, the only reason I noticed that was because it was all over the sports news in STL as they cover anything that affects Mizzou. Now, three years later, he has certainly become a person of interest to me. Hoping against all hope that AD DW knows what he is doing. Time will tell.

Reactions: tnutater
I can assure you they will be better than we they were. If they had hired the OL coach from Podunk Jr. High it wood have been a upgrade.

Reactions: igotworms
Mizzou signed a kid from the Nashville area (OT) that Tennessee nor any other “big boys” wanted a few years ago. He ended up being either 1st or 2nd team all SEC I believe. I want to say he was from CPA or another small private school, certainly not BA, MBA or Ensworth.

That’s the kind of OL development Tennessee needs.

Would you call us stomping Vanderbilt this year great coaching? We lost to them by 25 points two games after getting stomped by Mizz in 2017. And we had the same number of SEC wins in 2017 as Vanderbilt did this year.
If you recall Vanderbilt had an interim coach and around 39 to 44 scholarship players. Vanderbilt probably shouldn’t have played the game. I never got the impression UT was a well coached team under JP. I maybe incorrect but I got the impression JP didn’t mind the losses or lack of effort while coaching UT, almost like it was good enough for the program. To me coaching is getting the best from your players and putting them in a position to be successful. Sometimes you win and sometimes the other team is better. The wins come when you stop worrying about the score and the outcome and focus on playing smart football, basketball etc. What I can’t watch or stomach is the quitting on your teammates and coaches. I’d rather win or lose with guys who want to play and give their best. Just my opinion.

IMHO, an intentional hit like this should result in an extensive suspension. Absolutely no call for it.

Agreed. And its even worse when it is part of the program culture, like uga. The OL appeared on the Tennessee-uga game ticket the next season. Klassy.

Reactions: sjt18
I hope HC JH and OL Elarbee can do this again:
November 4, 2017 vs Florida W 45–16
November 3, 2018 at No. 13 Florida W 38–17

VelvetyIndolentEagle-max-1mb.gif

Underrated post
5 STARS

Reactions: preacherwebb
it is all about the exercises chosen. Cant be just running has to be a mix of sprints, laps and strength with conditioning mixed together with med Balls ect. In CHRIST Alone

Med Balls build Balls?

Having lived in St. Louis for the last 4 decades I don’t make it to as many games as I once did. Usually one game a year at Neyland and an occasional road game, especially when we play Mizzou in Columbia. In 2017 I attended the game in Columbia when CJH was the OC for Mizzou and Elarbee was the OL coach. Went to the game with my wife and I decked out in orange along with 12 neighbors in Mizzou garb as they were all UofM alumni. We had been tailgating since early afternoon up to the 7:00PM KO. There had been a lot of trash talking and more than a few bets placed on the outcome as I was doing my best to carry the torch for our Vols. This turned out to be a foolish venture on my part as we trailed 24-17 at halftime but were shut out in the 2nd half eventually losing 50-17. We had great seats for the debacle about 25 rows up on the 45 yard-line. What I remember most about the game was not the passing of Drew Locke but the rushing attack led by someone named Witter(200+ yards) who I had never heard of before that game. More precisely, what I remember is how badly Missouri’s smallish OL pushed our DL all over Faurot Field. Their OL was made up of 2 star athletes and I am not sure there was a 300 pounder among them. I remember commenting on how well coached and disciplined their OL seemed. At the time I had no idea, or cared, who Glen Elarbee was. Now, thinking back on that experience, I am hopeful that their dominance was a direct result of his coaching and that history will repeat itself in the next few years with our OL being coached up and living up to their star ratings. If that happens, I might be able to forget about the 12 bottles of Jack Daniels I had to buy to pay off the foolish bets I made before that game. GBO!
Faurot Field is still the quietest stadium I've ever watched a game in. I was there in 2013.

VN Store

Back