Last sliver of a chance for a bowl this weekend

this just seems like a strange thread. I mean almost mid season and talking about going to a bowl, before Tennessee has their first win vs an FBs team.
If this would get posted in every thread on the hour it might eventually take root and do whatever it's designed to do.

I give it a 2-10 chance.

Assuming we beat UAB, we'd need four of these 5.....I'm thinking our chances are much less grim with a win this weekend.

KY, SC, Vandy, Mizz, MS. ST

Mizz is probably the least likely win (don't think we'll slow down their offense)....So this game is huge for those that still haven't thrown in the towel. If you have, no reason to comment : )
Those are all winnable games, even Missouri although like you said it would be hard to slow down their offense. We can definitely win the rest of those games if the first half effort against Georgia is matched for 4 quarters and Maurer continues to play well.

Reactions: keenobserver
Likely wins
UAB
KY
VANDY

KY and Vandy are really bad this year

Likely losses
Bama
Missouri

Puts UT at 4-6, have to beat MSU and SC

Likely wins
UAB
KY
VANDY

KY and Vandy are really bad this year

Likely losses
Bama
Missouri

Puts UT at 4-6, have to beat MSU and SC

Totally agree with this assessment.....the optimism surrounds this weekend and SC....like you said and was the purpose of the OP

IF we beat Miss State Saturday, we have a chance to maybe get to 6 wins (UAB, SC, KY, Vandy) but I think losing to Georgia State and Byu sealed our fate
You are a wise man. I would settle for 5 wins right now. but my sober estimate is for 4 wins. Losing to Ga State was uncalled for and will haunt Pruitt for the rest of his wretched time here. Absolutely beyond the pale and seared into Vol Fans memory forever. Fulmer has made a huge mistake. HUGE

Reactions: 08Vol
Ha - The Vol Bowl.

We could set up a Tennessee tournament to crown the state champ with UT, Chatt, Memphis, Vandy, ETSU, etc.
Great Idea, from the start it should have a slight difference, UT always takes on one of the other schools (the best from that year-unless they're really good) because it will be at Neyland. This way-no matter what, "We're going bowling"!!! Now if Vandy beats us in the regular season, they can't play, and Memphis Tigers, if they are having a great year, as they did a couple years ago, no-no, it should remain open to our HS's those that have really shown some promise during the regular season. In short, we need to set it up, like it were a GS game, wait, I mean, a Chattanooga game..yea-that's the ticket!

Like the ones that booed JG when he was put in the game? Is that how true vol fans lift up?
Absolutely. I don’t like the way he plays and I don’t think he gives us a great chance of winning, but I will never boo him or any college player. Never. You’re right, booing never lifts up.

VN Store

Back