Last Season Basketball Results

With poss. 4 players drafted by NBA and having one of the higher pd coaches in the country, did team

• Total voters
We were expected to be a top 10 team and were until the tournament. Even then I can't fault them too much for losing to Purdue. It took a terrible series of calls and a player making multiple insane shots. It just seems like we always come up on the short side of these games and it gets frustrating. I will say I feel like a lot of the loss was on Barnes. You can't let Cline play 14 minutes with 4 fouls while he's killing you. You have to pound into someone's skull to drive the ball directly at his chest every time down the floor. We never did that. When he finally fouled out it was because he ran into LeMonte from behind in OT. There were things the players could have done too, but it was just painful to see Cline just bomb them and not have to play defense with 4 fouls.

Reactions: nalliszing
We were expected to be a top 10 team and were until the tournament. Even then I can't fault them too much for losing to Purdue. It took a terrible series of calls and a player making multiple insane shots. It just seems like we always come up on the short side of these games and it gets frustrating. I will say I feel like a lot of the loss was on Barnes. You can't let Cline play 14 minutes with 4 fouls while he's killing you. You have to pound into someone's skull to drive the ball directly at his chest every time down the floor. We never did that. When he finally fouled out it was because he ran into LeMonte from behind in OT. There were things the players could have done too, but it was just painful to see Cline just bomb them and not have to play defense with 4 fouls.
That and we should have been denying harder. If he’s that hot then don’t let him get the dang ball. Not only did we let him get it but Schofield flat out left him to help on someone driving with about 3 minutes left. I’ll let you guess how that ended up.

True. I don’t see how we could fall massively short in this case unless expectations were a little too high but too each their own.

Tennessee didn’t. Sure they and fans wanted more; however Tennessee was preseason #2 in the SEC and 6th in the coaches and app poll, and most sites had Tennessee at the elite 8, and most had them no further. Tennessee did finish 2nd, the finished 8th in the ap and cosches polls, and finished one foul shy of the elite 8. Maybe they fell short.............but not by much at all, anywhere (reg season, sec tourney, and the ncaa tourney).

Reactions: hUTch2002
lol how do u overachieve in a REGULAR season and underachieve in the Tourney. The Tourney is the season. Nothing else matters
Conference championships are won during the regular season. So you can definitely succeed in one and fail in the other. Winning the tournament is obviously the grand prize though

It was clearly all over Sports Talk Radio the week before the SEC tournament started, that Vegas had Tennessee the favorite to win the tournament. And there were several Publications, sports analyst, and probably even people like you that predicted Tennessee would win the Southeastern Conference regular-season.

Do they pick a preseason tournament champ for the SEC?

I think there’s a lot of manipulation going on with the stats/predictions. Great season but we just came up a little short. I don’t think there’s a soul here who wouldn’t have taken these results two years ago!

Reactions: JoAllan
The ncaa tourney is a crap shoot. I thought we’d be an elite 8 team, but given the nature of the tourney, being +/- 1 is within reason. I’d say overall we played and performed about as expected

Yes Vegas you can bet on anyting But the one I'm talkin about was about a week before the tournament

After the season but before the tournament Tennessee and Kentucky were both favored..........the same. Tennessee and Kentucky were both +175, +190, +200, ect depending on the site. All of the ones I looked at gave both the same odds, however 2 picked Kentucky and one picked Tennessee, the others left it at the odds.

SEC basketball tournament preview: Odds and predictions

2019 SEC Tournament Expert Picks with Odds and Betting Predictions

SEC tournament preview, predictions: Who can nail down a No. 1 seed?

SEC Bracket 2019 & SEC Tournament Predictions

SEC basketball tournament predictions: Latest odds for Friday's games at Bridgestone Arena

Look, a couple of bounces go our way and we're talking about an elite 8 and an SEC regular season championship, maybe even sec tournament had the refs not cheated Florida from beating Auburn.

The ncaa tourney is a crap shoot. I thought we’d be an elite 8 team, but given the nature of the tourney, being +/- 1 is within reason. I’d say overall we played and performed about as expected
Agreed.

Who had Tech and Auburn in the F4?

Who had Duke, UK, UNC, and Gonzaga all out before then?

VN Store

Back