Last Chance U: Season 3

Coach has actually grown on me as this season has gone on. I really think his heart is in the right place.

I’m in the same boat. Couldn’t stand him the first few episodes, he really does want what’s best for the kids just the way he goes about it is a little rough.

Just finished ep 4...this is a lunatic asylum with a lunatic running it. 🤪

I thought Buddy and company were the pits, but this hell oughta scare any kid into trying harder in class..SMH.

Reactions: 1 person
Bobby Bruce and Malik Henry both need a good dose of stfu.

Ha.. I agree about Malik..Bruce is just a man child who needs to know/ figure out there’s more to life than football and some direction in life from a real mentor...

My faves were Carlos and that hurdler that’s on the team Rakeem. That dude is a beast...

SN: I think the Coach is so crass based on what life has dealt him..

Man, the world of juco ball seems sketchy as hell. One of the best in the business was emcc and they looked like a dysfunctional train wreck most of the time. Then this team with a foul mouthed imbecile head coach who thinks coaching is overrated. Cigar in hot tub on the evening before game day? Lol. No wonder juco kids are usually projects.

He's right to a point. Having superior talent will get you 8-9 wins a year. However it's those 2 or 3 games where superior coaching makes the difference. I mean hell, Barry Switzer won a SuperBowl with the Cowboys. You really think they won because of him? As far as Independence goes, there were a couple of games where they almost lost directly because of boneheaded play calling the coach made.

Last edited:
Give it time. Lol

Halfway thru episode 2 and he’d be better off if he didn’t get drunk and vent to the camera about his team. It makes him look like a fool to do it publicly
He’s clearly not an X’s and O’s guy either, and that’s putting it nicely.
Buddy lost me at the end of season 1 after the brawl so the new guy is still ahead for now.

Coach has actually grown on me as this season has gone on. I really think his heart is in the right place.

Same. You can see it in his dialogue with Diaz in episode 7. He’s goes about it in a much different way than most people, but he does care a lot.

I finished the season and I still think Brown is a clown, but I agree that he does care for these guys.

I also watched the After EMCC episode on the LCU list..Watching the end of the episode dealing with the Isaiah Wright/Camion Patrick murder trial was heartbreaking to watch..I lived a rough life for a long time, and I also hung around idiots and lunatics...There but for the mercy and grace of almighty God go I.

Reactions: 1 person
I give the coach credit for one thing. He probably had the most honest conversation with his team I've ever heard a coach have when it comes to grades and eligibility. For a lot of these "student" athletes, it really IS just about majoring in eligibility. A lot of these players wouldn't sniff a college campus were it not for football. They go into this situation woefully ill equipped to handle the classroom. Even the coach says something to the effect of "I don't know ****! I couldn't tell you what an atom is. I couldn't tell you anything. But if you show up to class, sit in the front row, and turn in your homework you'll get a C." Maybe all coaches have these honest conversations with their players, but I've never heard it before. The truth is, for a lot of these players, that's about the best you can expect from them. They major in eligibility and it really is a game that is played between the university and the athletes.

Last edited:
Brown gives me a ghetto Butch Jones vibe. Just complete dysfunction all over the program

started it last night, 2 episodes in. that first week, first game...disorganized mess. that coach needs to delegate more, and keep the football first, at least from a game prep/game planning standpoint. also practices seem like a fiasco as well.

curious to see how it continues, and if it gets any better on that front.

but you can already tell, the coach definitely has a tough love heavy philosophy. also, i was impressed with the QB coach finally being able to tell Maliek Henry what's up. didn't think he was going to be able to do it at first.

I died when Coach Brown was describing all the D1 transfers who weren’t playing in episode 1 or 2.

I didn’t think the QB coach had much control over Malik but then again he is working for free. Malik clearly has arm talent and advanced knowledge of the game but I wouldn’t want him leading my team. He gets too emotional when things don’t go his way. Maybe a coach could harness it but he’s clearly still a child

I think we could see Coach Brown kind of progress and grow as a coach and leader as the season went on. Now, he’s still a huge ******* but I can respect where he comes from, how he got here, and what he’s trying to do. Not my style at all but some kids need that kind of coaching.

The after show where they follow EMCC players and update us is encouraging and sad at the same time. Glad to see so many doing well but sucks for Isaiah that he put himself in that situation.

I didn’t think the QB coach had much control over Malik but then again he is working for free. Malik clearly has arm talent and advanced knowledge of the game but I wouldn’t want him leading my team. He gets too emotional when things don’t go his way. Maybe a coach could harness it but he’s clearly still a child

his big mistake was trying to show up the coaches. and the coaches even told him as much.

too worried about being right, than executing. you wanna contribute to the game plan like that, and you obviously have the knowledge to do so, take it to the coach after practice. not out in front of God and everyone, where you stand a good chance of undermining the coach's authority....

his big mistake was trying to show up the coaches. and the coaches even told him as much.

too worried about being right, than executing. you wanna contribute to the game plan like that, and you obviously have the knowledge to do so, take it to the coach after practice. not out in front of God and everyone, where you stand a good chance of undermining the coach's authority....

Yep. Brown even said so himself.

He was willing to work, listen, and accommodate Malik and his ideas/suggestions but there’s a time and place to do it. In front of everyone on the sidelines isn’t the time or place.

It gets worse as the show goes on. He completely undermines the coaches and they have no control over him. One game he tells a ref “**** you” after receiving a warning and then proceeds to throw a fit with the coaches

It gets worse as the show goes on. He completely undermines the coaches and they have no control over him. One game he tells a ref “**** you” after receiving a warning and then proceeds to throw a fit with the coaches

yeah, can see it coming.

Not ready to watch season 3 yet (on leave back home so I don’t want to waste vacation binging Netflix), but the EMCC after show was the best episode yet. Good to see Ollie, Allen, even Franklin doing well. I find it odd Patrick was cleared and not Wright. Tough to be in that situation. Hope, like Buddy said, the truth wins out

It doesn't help that his QB coach is a complete Beta either.

Brown keeps saying he won't be held hostage, but his other QBs suck so bad he has to play Henry. I bet he tries really hard to never be stuck in that situation again. His RB situation was the complete opposite. That Kingston Harris dude was a whiny byotch and a cancer too.

VN Store

Back