Larry Coker, Reggie Bush, others College HOF

volsknx

The only people who dislike winners are losers!
Several possible inductees in this years College Hall Of Fame.

Bush, Luck, Lynch among College Hall nominees

I am curious to everyone's thoughts on those two. Personally, I don't see why not on Bush. He did take gifts and money but that didn't detract from his accomplishments.

As for Larry Coker, he rode on Butch Davis' coattails to a NC and another appearance but the program in Miami went down during his tenure.

Thoughts? Discussion?

I am curious to everyone's thoughts on those two. Personally, I don't see why not on Bush. He did take gifts and money but that didn't detract from his accomplishments.

As for Larry Coker, he rode on Butch Davis' coattails to a NC and another appearance but the program in Miami went down during his tenure.

Thoughts? Discussion?

Personally if its been proven that you took improper benefits that should disqualify you from the HOF
Miami was loaded at every position and that 01 team is arguably the best team to every play college football.
That said it was more the back door funding than flat out recruiting im sure.

Thoughts? Discussion?

Bush was a great player. He’s far from the only one paid for in HOF.

Coker is not HOF worthy IMO.

Thoughts? Discussion?
Eric Freaking Berry! That’s what counts!!

Reactions: Remy
Berry and Seivers were both TWO Time Concensus All-Americans.
They both deserve getting in and #14 and #89 should be retired in Knoxville.

Reactions: Remy
Larry Coker is absolutely not a HOFer. Not only was he purely a coattail rider, he didn't even do it for all that long. It isn't like he had an awesome 5-year run or something at Miami. Those first 2 teams were awesome, then they steadily slipped after that to the point where they weren't very good at all when he was fired a few years later.

Anybody see the 30 for 30 on Miami? In the interviews with ex-players, they all kind of laughed at him and said he didn't even really do anything. He was like a babysitter, and he didn't even do a good job at that.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDU VOL#14 and Remy
Larry Coker is absolutely not a HOFer. Not only was he purely a coattail rider, he didn't even do it for all that long. It isn't like he had an awesome 5-year run or something at Miami. Those first 2 teams were awesome, then they steadily slipped after that to the point where they weren't very good at all when he was fired a few years later.

Anybody see the 30 for 30 on Miami? In the interviews with ex-players, they all kind of laughed at him and said he didn't even really do anything. He was like a babysitter, and he didn't even do a good job at that.

Yea the Miami players lobbied for Coker to get the job. They knew he would let them do whatever they wanted. Coker inherited a ready made championship team in 2001. 38 eventual NFL draft picks on that team. 38! That’s insane. Should have won 2 titles but for one of the all time worst pass interference calls in the history of cfb. He then promptly ran the program into the ground. Doesn’t belong in the HOF IMO.

Bush - his accomplishments on the field probably warrant a HOF spot. I can’t say that I would vote for him, but based on his college career he def deserves the recognition.

Last edited:
That Cal squad was good. They had 2 good backs and Jackson at wideout. That 2006 game is one of my favorite memories at Neyland.
That’s the game that brought me to VN. I was in my grad school at Old Dominion and needed Tennessee fans to celebrate with. I thought that was the beginning of a magical year

VN Store

Back