Large, raw DT transfer from Kansas commits

From Kansas lol
Only played 1 year of football and still got D1 offers...played in 7 games for Kansas AGAINST Big12 good teams and recorded 14 tackles and 2 sacks...was to be their starting DT this year...still laughing? Take it up with Coach Garner who is very excited to have this young man...as are the overwhelming majority on here...the ones who understand football anyway

I am really loving Coach Huepel's sense of urgency with what he's doing with the transfer portal. He's said "we want to win now." I'm glad he's taking this approach vs our previous coach who seemed to have no sense of urgency whatsoever. It's nice to see that our staff is fighting just as hard to build this roster up as best they can as we expect our team to fight on the field.
I theorized last year, or maybe the year prior, coaches who win the transfer portal will be the coaches gaining an edge in college football. I think this is especially important for UT with the recruiting juggernauts we compete against for players every year. I hope CJH is one of the coaches who successfully exploits the transfer portal. He is looking good so far.

I theorized last year, or maybe the year prior, coaches who win the transfer portal will be the coaches gaining an edge in college football. I think this is especially important for UT with the recruiting juggernauts we compete against for players every year. I hope CJH is one of the coaches who successfully exploits the transfer portal. He is looking good so far.

Yep, it's like the JUCO transfer market on steroids. I think in the future more and more programs are going to opt to sign fewer high school players in order to make room for portal transfers they can plug in and play right away.

Another thing the transfer rule has done is open up the opportunity for breakout FCS level players to transfer up to FBS. In the past, FBS programs weren't allowed to take existing FCS players for obvious reasons. Now, it's like the wild west and players can transfer from anywhere TO anywhere.

Well let me know when he’s cooked cause we’re gonna need him.

Avolation: Looking at your impressive avatar... with that UT cap on, I can't tell if that's Sigmund Freud or Denver Pyle.

Though i think both are famous for saying, "Go fry yourself a snowball!"

think that I read that when he was recruited as a senior,Coach Garner talked to him and/or looked at tape of him.This guy,Da 'Jon Terry,had only played One year in high school and got a look from CRG.A space eater who goes after the ball.Welcome,sir,to Big Orange Country!

Reactions: FïreBall
Cant teach size, ahem... but good to see some beef on the line, even if it seems fairly inexperienced. Reality being what it is, we are going to have to get some rough - just to fill in massive holes - and hope Hupel can polish them into diamonds.

I wouldn’t be excited with the old staff I think Garner can mold this kid. Hopefully he has 4 years Like a previous poster stated.
He was a redshirt freshman last year in a season that didn’t count against eligibility. Math says he’s a redshirt freshman = 4 years.

He was a redshirt freshman last year in a season that didn’t count against eligibility. Math says he’s a redshirt freshman = 4 years.

Thank you, it was purely a post to credit the poster since I didn’t have any idea of his eligibility.

Oh hell yeah!
We basically didn't sign a DT for the 2021 class because Washington and Evans flaked out for their own reasons.
Garland
Emerson
Simmons
Thomas
Bailey
Terry

And Terry had 14 tackles and 2 sacks as a true freshman. Not bad for a DT.
Very nice pick up!!
And for a guy just learning to play Football. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back