Lane Kiffin

Why do so many fans just fawn all over Kiffin?

Your CURRENT COACH inherited a team with 30-something transfers, a dark probation cloud, several key guys out with injuries, a new staff, buncha new players, and just came within inches of beating Kiffin’s ass. And Kiffin has a full year head start and a phenom at QB.

Who cares if Kiffin was a sweetheart in the presser and who cares what his thoughts are on the UT job? That’s disrespectful to Heupel, who in my opinion is among the COY candidates.

Let go of this Kiffin unrequited love.
It’s like “Battered Wife Syndrome” with these ignorant Kiffin lovers. He beats on you all day behind your back, comes home drunk, beats you/your kids/your dog…leaves you in the middle of the night for a rich divorcée…they get married…he tries to start his $#!T with her & her family but she’s got B@LL$ divorces him…he bounces from place to place sending out texts to you occasionally to make you feel good…in the end just to stroke his narcissistic ego because he gets off on it.

Meanwhile you’ve got a man who has taken on all the damaged pieces he caused, is slowly fixing your life for you & yours, and all you can still do 10 years later is make excuses how he’s a changed man…still loves you…still wants you…it would work out this time….blah blah blah.
1634473793512.gif

Reactions: Rickyvol77 and Jaws
Look at the penalties. Look at the the play calls late in the game once where we're 1st and 20 after two penalties, they put 6 in the box on defense and we have 5 blocking and WE RUN THE BALL UP THE MIDDLE TWICE FOR MINIMAL GAINS. DUH! Heupel was out coached all over the place last night. Maybe he'll get better but his game day coaching so far has demonstrated he can't compete with the big boys on game day. The better coach won last night, not sure the better team did though.

He's standing in the middle of a field where people are throwing stuff at him. What's he going to say? "This fanbase sucks, they can eat s*** and die." He would have got beer bottles and batteries to the face. He was in survival mode.

He mentions and alludes to TN so many times on Twitter because it gets a reaction. He's a troll.

Do I think he regrets leaving Tennessee? Yeah, probably. 2 reasons. He was tarmaced at USC and he knows TN is a better job than Ole Miss. He regrets leaving because it would have been a better situation for him. Not because he has any love for us or the program. Because he loves him.

I cannot believe people still buy his s***. He will leave whatever job he has for one he feels is better. That's why his name is being thrown all over the place at LSU, one of Ole Miss's arch rivals (in fact, the older Ole Miss fans I know consider LSU a bigger rival than Miss St. Kind of like us with Bama and Florida).

F that dude. I'll take Heupel as my ride or die between the 2. Heupel acts like he wants to be here and I believe he does. He also took a roster that is held together with shoe string and duct tape and nearly beat (and frankly should have) a much deeper team.

Since Oklahoma is coming to the SEC, Heupel would take that job in a heartbeat if ever offered…. There is no doubt.

Reactions: Bobo0101
I was personally offended every time he walked those blue shoes out onto our field to cry to the refs. I don’t condone the throwing stuff, but I love that he got booed multiple times.

It’s like “Battered Wife Syndrome” with these ignorant Kiffin lovers. He beats on you all day behind your back, comes home drunk, beats you/your kids/your dog…leaves you in the middle of the night for a rich divorcée…they get married…he tries to start his $#!T with her & her family but she’s got B@LL$ divorces him…he bounces from place to place sending out texts to you occasionally to make you feel good…in the end just to stroke his narcissistic ego because he gets off on it.

Meanwhile you’ve got a man who has taken on all the damaged pieces he caused, is slowly fixing your life for you & yours, and all you can still do 10 years later is make excuses how he’s a changed man…still loves you…still wants you…it would work out this time….blah blah blah.
View attachment 403644

Perfect.

Kiffin didn't have one negative thing to say about the crowd during the post game interview. He was so proud of the golf ball he had to show it off. Seemed to even be almost tearing up as he spoke about it. I truly believe that if offered the HC job on the spot he'd have never gotten back on the bus bound for Oxford. He knows he made a mistake leaving. Disagree if you want but I stand by it.
I have given Lane the benefit of doubt until last night. After watching what HE coached his players to do last night, the dark side of me wishes that damn golf ball would've bounced off of that blonde dome of his...

Last edited:
Reactions: BanditVol
OP I went back and watched the interview.

If you think Kiffin was "close to tears" you are delusional. I saw nothing of the sort. Just a coach giving political answers to get off the field as quick as he could.

Ask youself...how was he the youngest HC in NFL history? How did he get the UT job? How did he get the SC job? How did he become the OC at bammer?

Answer: he is a master salesman of himself. Shame on you for falling for it.

If you think Kiffin was "close to tears" you are delusional. I saw nothing of the sort. Just a coach giving political answers to get off the field as quick as he could.

Ask youself...how was he the youngest HC in NFL history? How did he get the UT job? How did he get the SC job? How did he become the OC at bammer?

He’s taking subtle shots at UT on Twitter this morning. If there was any doubt that he had this “soft spot” and “secret love” for UT, his texts this morning should clear that up.

Kiffin didn't have one negative thing to say about the crowd during the post game interview. He was so proud of the golf ball he had to show it off. Seemed to even be almost tearing up as he spoke about it. I truly believe that if offered the HC job on the spot he'd have never gotten back on the bus bound for Oxford. He knows he made a mistake leaving. Disagree if you want but I stand by it.
100% agree. The dude loved being back, and it was evident in every single way.

Honestly, I thought he talked like an intoxicated person.

Dumb post is dumb

Reactions: BanditVol
Screw that guy. He’s never coming back and don’t know why people think he would. He would be at LSU or UF in a heartbeat before coming here.

Since Oklahoma is coming to the SEC, Heupel would take that job in a heartbeat if ever offered…. There is no doubt.
Not necessarily. Apparently there's still some hard feelings after the way he was fired and how the fanbase and media treated him there. This is from an OK newspaper after UCF lost to Tulsa a couple years ago:

"Over those five years, Heupel has declined interview requests from Oklahoma media. He’s talked sparingly about his OU days even with Floridians just wanting to know more about the man who has led UCF to a 19-4 record.
And Heupel clearly still feels stung by Stoops. Other OU officials say Heupel has been quite detached when they’ve offered congratulations on a job well earned and done in Orlando."

I also browsed OU message boards after the hire and there was a lot of talk about the rift between OU and Heupel. I know it's his Alma Mater, but the way the fanbase, media, and being fired as OC from a school he lead to a NC really stuck in his craw.

Not necessarily. Apparently there's still some hard feelings after the way he was fired and how the fanbase and media treated him there. This is from an OK newspaper after UCF lost to Tulsa a couple years ago:

"Over those five years, Heupel has declined interview requests from Oklahoma media. He’s talked sparingly about his OU days even with Floridians just wanting to know more about the man who has led UCF to a 19-4 record.
And Heupel clearly still feels stung by Stoops. Other OU officials say Heupel has been quite detached when they’ve offered congratulations on a job well earned and done in Orlando."

I also browsed OU message boards after the hire and there was a lot of talk about the rift between OU and Heupel. I know it's his Alma Mater, but the way the fanbase, media, and being fired as OC from a school he lead to a NC really stuck in his craw.

If Heupel is winning here and Riley leaves, they will definitely reach out to him. Especially since Stoops is no longer there. OU in the SEC is a much different animal than OU in the Big 12. If offered, it’s 100000% an easier job to win at than Tennessee

If Heupel is winning here and Riley leaves, they will definitely reach out to him. Especially since Stoops is no longer there. OU in the SEC is a much different animal than OU in the Big 12. If offered, it’s 100000% an easier job to win at than Tennessee
It's a great job, no doubt. Close to all that TX talent without dealing with all that TX craziness. 7 national titles and like 50 conference titles. But if he feels that way about them I'm not sure he'd run back there. But stranger things have happened. Never say never.

VN Store

Back