Lance Leipold (Buffalo)

How would you feel if we hired Lance Leipold?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like Pearl but cheating will get you noticed as well! At auburn probably still is!
The majority of NCAAB programs are dirty so I don’t hold that against him. That’s how the game was played until the FBI got involved. He was just trying to keep up with everyone else. I still view him as the greatest coach we’ve ever had outside of Ray Mears.

I'd take Josh Heupel as a package deal
The same Josh Huepel that lost 49-23 to BYU?
- did I mention less talented Coastal Carolina beat that same BYU?
- A BYU team that was fighting for national respect to perhaps get into the playoff.

That Same Josh Hupel took over 13-0 program 3 years ago and finished 6-4 this season.

but yeah...letś sign him up!

He has shown consistent improvement (other than the year 2 you mentioned above) at a terrible school. I’m not saying he is a homerun, but he has progressively successful head coaching experience where he’s had to coach teams up. That alone puts him higher on my list than any coordinator, especially coordinators from talent rich schools.

I agree. This is not a time for UT (given the NCAA mess coming and our great infighting history) to bet on new coordinators or even up & coming types. Some one with atleast few years of HC coaching experience is a must. Also as fans we will need to tamper our expectations a bit for next few years given recruiting will be bad, roster will slim and we will be under probation.

Only thing I know about Buffalo is they have that little giant running back (Patterson?) and that they got beat by Ball State in the MAC champ game.

- A BYU team that was fighting for national respect to perhaps get into the playoff.

That Same Josh Hupel took over 13-0 program 3 years ago and finished 6-4 this season.

Yep, same one. The one that is 28-8 in 3 years. If we are playing who's played who game and lost, we should just hire Freeze. But then you could say we should hire Doern at NC State. In that case we missed it by 3 years.

Reactions: Border Vol

How many players did UCF lose off of that 13-0 team?

As far as the BYU and Coastal Carolina game goes, every team has an off night sometimes. Just look at TN basketball the other night against Florida. If having a bad night means we cant hire a coach then I guess Rick Barnes should be fired tonight too.

VN Store

Back