Lamonte Back?

Lizzard28

Did his game winning shot against kentucky get him the confidence he needed? He looked locked in on Sunday and back to form. If he can stay in this groove for the tourney teams will have an extremely difficult time guarding us.

Reactions: volunator
Did his game winning shot against kentucky get him the confidence he needed? He looked locked in on Sunday and back to form. If he can stay in this groove for the tourney teams will have an extremely difficult time guarding us.
Time will tell but it looks like it. Since that shot at UK he's 4-6 from 3 and is bring it on the defense of end as well. We're going to need him and Bowden both. Plus need Fulky to keep giving us some nice minutes as well. He's our 7th man imo.

I hope he is back....Someone mentioned that Bowden stated that one player had an injury during the KY Game. (Bone?) Just wondering...

Lamonte maybe back and it appeared he move to the point position in the Auburn Game...

The only thing I did not like was that Lamonte did a whole lot of dribbling throughout the game and although he played great, however it appears he attempted to carry the game on his shoulders more than usual which resulted in higher number of TOs

Bone back to the running the team from the point hopefully with Turner running free. This will help balance our offense out....

Reactions: Vol49er
Time will tell but it looks like it. Since that shot at UK he's 4-6 from 3 and is bring it on the defense of end as well. We're going to need him and Bowden both. Plus need Fulky to keep giving us some nice minutes as well. He's our 7th man imo.
Only guy that showed up for the Auburn game.

I think he is back. If Bowden picks it up a little then we have lots of fun ahead.

He was the only major player for Tennessee who looked like they had any energy, any effort and he still made mistakes. Pons looked like he had a ton of energy but he just isn’t very good yet.

This is what happens to Fred when Lamonte fails:

Fred Sanford.gif

Also how I react when one of our troops misses a 3-pointer, lay-up, free-throw, or easy rebound.

Last edited:
I hope he is back....Someone mentioned that Bowden stated that one player had an injury during the KY Game. (Bone?) Just wondering...

Lamonte maybe back and it appeared he move to the point position in the Auburn Game...

The only thing I did not like was that Lamonte did a whole lot of dribbling throughout the game and although he played great, however it appears he attempted to carry the game on his shoulders more than usual which resulted in higher number of TOs

Bone back to the running the team from the point hopefully with Turner running free. This will help balance our offense out....

Bowden actually said there were a couple of guys banged up but didn't elaborate.

It’s ironic what we all say that if we can get contributions from Lamonte and/or Bowden that were are though to beat. They were our best players yesterday......

It’s ironic what we all say that if we can get contributions from Lamonte and/or Bowden that were are though to beat. They were our best players yesterday......
We need more than a combined 17 points from Grant and Admiral too.

We need more than a combined 17 points from Grant and Admiral too.

Bone, in one of the very few times in the last two years, had no control of the pace of that game. Auburn was fantastic getting back and stopping his drives. He was all out of sorts yesterday.

Reactions: UTSimSinAZ
Bone, in one of the very few times in the last two years, had no control of the pace of that game. Auburn was fantastic getting back and stopping his drives. He was all out of sorts yesterday.

His worst game all year

Yes he was. I wonder how many turnovers he had. It had to be a season high.

I think you can tell he's locked in when he's playing good D and hits a couple mid range jumpers. I still like playing him as 6th man off the bench...just seems like he thrives when he comes in after he observes the game flow and lets the game come to him.

Unfortunately, we've given all our competition a blue print on beating us w/ Aub. Hit the 3's and defend the passing lanes...but not everyone has the talent of Auburn either, when they're "on".

VN Store

Back