Lady Vols Win - 24 Turnovers

I actually agree with your entire post, but that right there calls for a resounding AMEN!
Tiger Woods is arguably the greatest golfer ever. If it’s even arguable (I know less then nothing about golf). He’s also a fist-pumper. If pumping your fist, high-fiving, spiking the ball, etc., is your thing, then have at it. There are too many amazing athletes, however ...who just don’t need that “something extra.” This doesn’t mean that they “don’t want it.” And yet they’re criticized for their “casualness.” So, a-thousand times, Thanks!

There’s so much that, well, the rest of you have already covered. I can only add, we are better - as a TEAM. I’m not sure how many, if any more wins this might translate to - several of those other teams are also pretty good - but our girls look like they’re starting to “git it!”

However, I must correct you, and others, on your favorable comparison(s) (from another thread) of Marta Suárez ...to Williams, Doncic, and some other greats. Perhaps you’re much younger than I recall, because, if you watch Marta play, and your mind doesn’t immediately time-travel to the mid-seventies - and Ernie Grunfeld, well, then, I can’t help you. (A little bait here for our friend, Darth).

But, most importantly, did your sons get to Soccer this fall, or is that a Spring thing? I obviously don’t know much about Soccer either.

Cheers!

HI Krich,

College soccer is a fall sport so my daughter;s season was cancelled. My son is trying to make in the pro level either USL in the Us or in Europe but Covid has made that very challenging, No options for Europe due to travel bans and ULS clubs, unlike the league up MLS, are dependent on fan revenue so must clubs are not looking to sign new players unless there is a desperate need, He has several invite trials schedule for Jan and Feb so hopefully something comes his way.

Thanks so much for asking.

I was able to see the press conference a minute or two ago, even I saw it a day late Kelly addressed every single thing that I stated above, and stated that it would be corrected. i still do not think that she holds the girls accountable in a live game. Sometimes they do need a pat on the back but a seat on the bench and you will see who wants to play TEAM Basketball

Among her points of emphasis were reducing TOs and guarding better. I did not disagree with your assessments on those points. Howerver, Coach Harper did not complain about her team being selfish (quite the contrary actually)

And indeed Coach Harper said she wanted the team to be more patient and work to get a good shot.

But a good shot can still be a 3 pointer (and in fact she was happy with the first quarter in that the team shot 60% but unhappy that TOs kept the number of shots down).

Coaches never unpack everything in a presser but I take "the work to get a good shot," as more movement off the ball and better execution.

If anything, this TEAM passes the ball too often; they will force a pass rather than take an open shot. Rae is standing out because she is not hesitant to take an open shot or to be aggressive going to the rim. Davis was a bit more cautious in this game due to the foul trouble but the LVs looked better when she was aggressive on offense and looking for her shot. This team is not loaded with scoring threats. Davis, Burrell, and Horston look to be our main options and then the LVs will have to find points from others as they can on a given night. I think Marta can become a solid offensive contributor and points from Walker at PG would be a nice asset. But I want to see Davis, Burrell, and Horston going off for 20 point games (preferably in the same game sometimes :).

Last edited:
24 turnovers against ETSU should be an embarrassment for the entire team. And a serious point of pride to improve. You can't win at the end of the year with 24 turnovers. That's just reality, and there isn't a rationalization in existence that can change that fact. Whether or not the problem gets fixed is up to the staff and the players.

VN Store

Back