Lady Vols vs UConn 2021

I like our chances to win most of our games this year with the veteran leadership and talent we have. It's likely UConn will be highly ranked when we play. If we play well up to that point, we will be ranked as well, maybe highly if we're competing hard and with character. If the team is improving and confident, who knows........
when we play it should be about who wants it more not ranking or number.I want the lady Vols to have that fiery passion we once had and not let uconn beat us on our floor!!!!

Reactions: stlvolsfan
If Tennessee and CKH could somehow pull off an upset, it would boost recruiting for the next couple of seasons.

to be honest we Vol fans would go slightly crazy if we beat UConn thats like a the GREATEST confidence booster on are quest to a final four and championship.

Reactions: sport3500
Seems like you are letting your dislike of her taint the facts on how she actually played her sophomore season.

• Named to the SEC Community Service Team for her volunteer work in the Knoxville area.
  • Averaged 14.9 ppg. as a sophomore, tying teammate Rennia Davis for the fifth highest average by a Lady Vol sophomore.
  • Her 4.78 career assist average ranks No. 2 all-time at Tennessee.
  • Her season average of 5.3 assists ranks third all-time by a Lady Vol sophomore.
  • She had 10 20+ point performances and led the team in scoring on 13 occasions during the 2018-19 season.
  • Had four straight 20+ point performances (Oklahoma State, Stetson, Texas, Stanford) from Dec. 2 to Dec. 18, 2019, becoming the first Lady Vol to do so since Candace Parker had four in a row from March 2 to March 9, 2008.
  • Scored a career-high-tying 29 points against Stanford, recording her first career double-double with a season-high 10 assists.
  • Went 12-of-15 from the floor for a career-high 29 points against Oklahoma State.
  • Set a new SEC high of 24 points while adding five assists and a team-high three steals against Arkansas.
  • Scored 23 points in the win at Texas while adding six assists.
  • Went a perfect nine of nine from the free-throw line en route to 20 points in UT’s victory over Stetson.
  • Named SEC Player of the Week after averaging 21.5 points, 5.0 assists, 3.0 rebounds and 1.0 steals per contest in those triumphs over Stetson and Texas.
  • Also earned College Sports Madness SEC Player of the Week and TSWA Player of the Week accolades for that period as well.
  • Led the team in scoring with 23 points, four rebounds and six assists at Georgia.
  • Paced UT with 20 points in the victory over LSU in the SEC Tournament.
  • Tallied a team-high 19 points while dishing out six assists against Mississippi State in the SEC tourney quarterfinals.
  • Scored 20 points and snagged six rebounds against Kentucky.
  • Tallied 20 points and a career-best seven steals against Presbyterian while also dishing out five assists.
  • Narrowly missed a double-double against Auburn, posting 10 assists, nine points and five rebounds.
  • Named to SEC Preseason Coaches All-SEC Second Team.
  • Selected to Women's Citizen Naismith Trophy Preseason Watch List.
  • Chosen for Nancy Lieberman Award Preseason Watch List.
This was from the Lady Vol team website.

Lots of good games. And her character? "Named to the SEC Community Service Team for her volunteer work in the Knoxville area."

She left in a bad way and she left for UConn. I get it. I wasn't thrilled about it either. I wish she had stayed.

her doing community service doesn't make her a person of high character the truest indication to her character is how she left our program.There have been many players to leave the Lady Vols and some weve forgotten their names but trust me no one is going to forget how Evina Westbrook left.

Lady Vols vs UConn game from this year aired on ESPN2 and I couldn't bring myself to watch the second half....hopefully next year we Vol fans can watch past the second half😩

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
her doing community service doesn't make her a person of high character the truest indication to her character is how she left our program.There have been many players to leave the Lady Vols and some weve forgotten their names but trust me no one is going to forget how Evina Westbrook left.
Periodt! I’ll never forget that #sorrynotsorry. The fact that her parents participated in that lets me know all I need to know. At least she gets it honestly!

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
1593386970822.jpeg

im glad she left but disappointed in how she left........

Mimi Collins transferred too but at least she left without disrespecting a women that gave 38 years of her life to this program.

Y’all love to sit on the fact that Holly was disrespected. She wasn’t a good leader. Period. Unfortunately it showed it a number of ways and I’m sure took a toll on these young ladies. If she was fed up with all the crap and decided to leave I don’t understand the problem. I don’t care if she’d said “F Holly” that’s her right. Y’all didn’t play for her or know what any of them dealt with or held in. I won’t forget how E left either because it was savage af. She’s a whole human who put herself out there as a sacrificial lamb and spoke the truth. I have more respect for her doing that, than someone who road coattails for 38 years in what was obviously not the right profession for them.

Y’all love to sit on the fact that Holly was disrespected. She wasn’t a good leader. Period. Unfortunately it showed it a number of ways and I’m sure took a toll on these young ladies. If she was fed up with all the crap and decided to leave I don’t understand the problem. I don’t care if she’d said “F Holly” that’s her right. Y’all didn’t play for her or know what any of them dealt with or held in. I won’t forget how E left either because it was savage af. She’s a whole human who put herself out there as a sacrificial lamb and spoke the truth. I have more respect for her doing that, than someone who road coattails for 38 years in what was obviously not the right profession for them.

That,, she left, or how she left is not a point to me for that exact reason...It is going to one of our most bitter rivals that put salt on the wound for me. She could have gone anywhere, but to go to the connies was not a slap in CHW's face, it was a slap in UT and its fanbase's face. It felt more like an "I'll show you" exit, than a "I need to get out of here" exit.

actually alot of former players spoke up on social media about how great of a person she was after she got fired and yeah Holly may not be a great coach but she deserves respect. So to you it would be okay if one of Pats players said "F Pat"????

Last edited:
That,, she left, or how she left is not a point to me for that exact reason...It is going to one of our most bitter rivals that put salt on the wound for me. She could have gone anywhere, but to go to the connies was not a slap in CHW's face, it was a slap in UT and its fanbase's face. It felt more like an "I'll show you" exit, than a "I need to get out of here" exit.
and Geno used that as ammunition he talked to the media about how UT is not a good environment to be in idk how many recruits ate that up it was all over ESPN

Reactions: stlvolsfan
actually alot of former players spoke up on social media about how great of a person she was after she got fired and yeah Holly may not be a great coach but she deserves respect. So to you it would be okay if one of Pats players said "F Pat"????

No one questions Holly's character as a person, but she was a bad coach. After 2 years of Evina playing on a team with the some of the most highly coveted players, Tennessee was still losing to lesser teams and fighting to make the NCAAT. I don't blame Evina for being frustrated, and even her response to that interview was somewhat muted but did get the point across that they needed to make some changes (and she did not solely point the finger at the coaching...she said the players too). Evina was the scapegoat all season long for fans that refused to acknowledge Holly's shortcomings as a coach, and she was getting dragged on social media. That only intensified after her comments at the end of the season. She had already thrown 2 years of her college career away playing for a bad coach, so no one looking at it objectively would blame her for wanting to start over somewhere else. The "sorry not sorry" was directed at the fans that had been trashing her all season long; at that point, Holly was already gone. It's kind of hypocritical to expect her to take the high road with the fans when they didn't do the same for her. Even now, she's getting trashed because she decided to go play for one of the top programs in the country. The idea that she did that to spite Tennessee instead of it providing the best opportunity for her to continue her basketball career past college is laughable. I'm sure she will be pumped up for the Tennessee game, but I doubt she's worrying too much about what Tennessee fans/team are thinking.

No one questions Holly's character as a person, but she was a bad coach. After 2 years of Evina playing on a team with the some of the most highly coveted players, Tennessee was still losing to lesser teams and fighting to make the NCAAT. I don't blame Evina for being frustrated, and even her response to that interview was somewhat muted but did get the point across that they needed to make some changes (and she did not solely point the finger at the coaching...she said the players too). Evina was the scapegoat all season long for fans that refused to acknowledge Holly's shortcomings as a coach, and she was getting dragged on social media. That only intensified after her comments at the end of the season. She had already thrown 2 years of her college career away playing for a bad coach, so no one looking at it objectively would blame her for wanting to start over somewhere else. The "sorry not sorry" was directed at the fans that had been trashing her all season long; at that point, Holly was already gone. It's kind of hypocritical to expect her to take the high road with the fans when they didn't do the same for her. Even now, she's getting trashed because she decided to go play for one of the top programs in the country. The idea that she did that to spite Tennessee instead of it providing the best opportunity for her to continue her basketball career past college is laughable. I'm sure she will be pumped up for the Tennessee game, but I doubt she's worrying too much about what Tennessee fans/team are thinking.

so tragic😥

Last edited:
I dont know why some of yall defending a Uconn Husky more than yall defend current Lady Vols. Evina left she made it clear I dont know why some of yall supporting her like she some saint.........I just wanna know why yall quick to trash Jordan and quick to defend Evina. Theres one major difference between them one loves being a Lady Vol and wants so badly to bring them to the top and the other wants nothing to do with the Lady Vols...

BRING THAT SAME ENERGY YALL HAVE FOR EVINA AND GIVE IT TO JORDAN

I dont know why some of yall defending a Uconn Husky more than yall defend current Lady Vols. Evina left she made it clear I dont know why some of yall supporting her like she some saint.........I just wanna know why yall quick to trash Jordan and quick to defend Evina. Theres one major difference between them one loves being a Lady Vol and wants so badly to bring them to the top and the other wants nothing to do with the Lady Vols...

Most of us do give support to Jordan as I will with any player who suits up for this team, I’m just also an adult and won’t bash them for making a logical decision. Some of y’all just need to grow up. My opinion.

Most of us do give support to Jordan as I will with any player who suits up for this team, I’m just also an adult and won’t bash them for making a logical decision. Some of y’all just need to grow up. My opinion.
the poster on here support Jordan okay thats laughable😂 when it comes to supporting Jordan I can only name a really small handful of posters here that do

Reactions: xtpsrh08123

Was Pat not a good coach? You’re comparing a golden apple to tartar sauce...

Was Pat not a good coach? You’re comparing a golden apple to tartar sauce...
Pat was one of the greatest coaches ever....idk why you are twisting my words what Im saying is it okay for players to disrespect their coaches you said that Evina can say "F Holly" so then it would also seem right to you if a Player said "F Pat" keep in mind who was the more tough love kinda coach.

VN Store

Back