Lady Vols vs UCF - Turnovers

The LV only had 6 turnovers for the whole game...lowest that I can ever remember over the years! Wow...keep it up as it will win some games.

All I can find in the Lady Vols record book is for our turnover record is the most in a game in program history (32). But I'd bet 6 could be the all-time-low or at least pretty darn close.

Not trying to force the ball into Key regularly has a lot to do with fewer turnovers...With these lineups the opponents don't know where the ball is going...

Let me add I still wish we had Key in there, she is our sweetheart and we all love that girl...

Does anyone know why Rickea Jackson is not playing more? She didn't come in until the second half. Is this a disciplinary action or something else? She will surely be needed when the competition gets tougher.

Does anyone know why Rickea Jackson is not playing more? She didn't come in until the second half. Is this a disciplinary action or something else? She will surely be needed when the competition gets tougher.

Because Kellie is making her a better player. I don't know what is going on (nor do I deserve to know) but definitely something that Kellie is fixing one way or the other. I look for Rickea to be a phenominal player (already there) with a good attitude by mid-January..........or gone..........no in between. In 10 years, Kellie will be one of Rikea's favorite people in her life because she made her better.

Not trying to force the ball into Key regularly has a lot to do with fewer turnovers...With these lineups the opponents don't know where the ball is going...

Let me add I still wish we had Key in there, she is our sweetheart and we all love that girl...

GT, you are on to something there. A good % of their TO were related to that tendency. Hollingshead and Franklin are easier to find targets because they move off the ball better and actually get open. TK tended to be a stationary post which meant that it was easy for a double team to form when the pass was made (and sometimes, grrrrrr..the pass was made when TK was double teamed). The flipside of that scenario is that if teams are doubling TK, somebody else should have been open (so maybe pass the ball to the open player).

The really encouraging thing about these recent low TOs games is that Kellie has been mixing the line-ups again owing to the TK and RJ situations and all combos have been pretty good on ball security.

Stanford will be a good test in how much improvement has really been made. Neither Wright St. nor UCF could put any sustained pressure on the LVs and pressing defenses have been their struggle point. But hopefully, the TO problem has been more or less fixed and it will need to be for the LVs to be competitive against Stanford.

GT, you are on to something there. A good % of their TO were related to that tendency. Hollingshead and Franklin are easier to find targets because they move off the ball better and actually get open. TK tended to be a stationary post which meant that it was easy for a double team to form when the pass was made (and sometimes, grrrrrr..the pass was made when TK was double teamed). The flipside of that scenario is that if teams are doubling TK, somebody else should have been open (so maybe pass the ball to the open player).

The really encouraging thing about these recent low TOs games is that Kellie has been mixing the line-ups again owing to the TK and RJ situations and all combos have been pretty good on ball security.

Stanford will be a good test in how much improvement has really been made. Neither Wright St. nor UCF could put any sustained pressure on the LVs and pressing defenses have been their struggle point. But hopefully, the TO problem has been more or less fixed and it will need to be for the LVs to be competitive against Stanford.

I think GT is right too. With Key and even going back to our other dominant posts (Russell, etc), many of the entry passes seemed forced, like a coach's decision was we HAVE to get the ball into the post. This resulted in high-risk post-entry passes instead of letting the flow of the offense dictate where the ball is going to go. In the second half last night that was some of the best ball movement I've ever seen from the LVs and the posts did not get left out but got their shots organically.

The Stanford game is a huge test for our team in all ways. If Standford wins, which I imagine will be predicted by the oddsmakers, it could be for all kinds of reasons because they are such a complete team. I think at Florida, our first conference game, will really be a test of the turnover issue. They still have 3 speedy and athletic guards who are their best players. However, they have less talent overall than us so that they can only beat us by winning the turnover game. This type of team including Florida easily beat us at least 3 times last year, all on the road. So, when I think of our pivotal 1st conference game at Florida, I hope we can put my flashbacks of last year to rest by having less than 20 turnovers and winning the game. That would a great start to the conference, being 1-0 after one of our more difficult conference challenges.

How bout a little shout out to Jasmine Powell? We said forever if we only had a PG . . . Powell is fourth in the SEC in total assists and tied for 5th with a gaudy 2.4 assist/t.o. ratio. I think she flies under the radar some, but she has been solid and thankfully drama free. She's a player I'm pretty sure will continue to improve and thrive. Glad we got her.

How bout a little shout out to Jasmine Powell? We said forever if we only had a PG . . . Powell is fourth in the SEC in total assists and tied for 5th with a gaudy 2.4 assist/t.o. ratio. I think she flies under the radar some, but she has been solid and thankfully drama free. She's a player I'm pretty sure will continue to improve and thrive. Glad we got her.

And yet Kellie felt the need to take her out of the starting lineup. Let's shake it up some more...

VN Store

Back