Lady Vols vs. Notre Dame

UTCVol

Soon.
We beat them pretty soundly earlier in the year in South Bend, if I'm not mistaken. We should roll.

1. I sincerely hope that baby's head was photo-shopped on as well. Women occaisionally piss me off, but, obstetrically speaking, if that kids real God's a misogynist.

2. utfantilidie is a prophet- Parker already has 38.

3. I'm a short Irish left-handed red-head. Somebody please tell me how the way I'm giggling and bouncing around in my chair over the way this game is going isn't going to send me straight to leprachaun hell.

3. I'm a short Irish left-handed red-head. Somebody please tell me how the way I'm giggling and bouncing around in my chair over the way this game is going isn't going to send me straight to leprachaun hell.

Remind yourself that there is nothing authentically Irish about Notre Dame University. On one of my trips over there, I spent an amusing day or two trying to find a native who'd ever heard of Notre Dame ("not the real Notre Dame, which we both know is in Paris, but the one in America"). Nothing but blank stares until I went into some of the touristy areas of Dublin.

What the hell is it that Summit's got that makes a team suddenly improve its shot percentage by like 10,000% just by sitting down and having her yell and glare at them for 20 minutes?

We need to find a rich Vol fan and have them start an annual global freak-of-nature award and call it The Summit.

What the hell is it that Summit's got that makes a team suddenly improve its shot percentage by like 10,000% just by sitting down and having her yell and glare at them for 20 minutes?
It is pretty funny the number of games that this seems to happen in.

Remind yourself that there is nothing authentically Irish about Notre Dame University. On one of my trips over there, I spent an amusing day or two trying to find a native who'd ever heard of Notre Dame ("not the real Notre Dame, which we both know is in Paris, but the one in America"). Nothing but blank stares until I went into some of the touristy areas of Dublin.

Huh.... when I was there, the one American sports team(s) they knew anything about was Notre Dame and quite a few did- maybe it's about the difference between popular and "knows about".

Regardless, my metaphysical-health speaking, even in Ireland they consider leprachauns perverse little bastards, so maybe I'm okay.... Though, that said, if I perversely root against Notre Dame, a team which is itself intrinsically perverse, have I produced a cosmic double-negative?

Frack me.

Either I let this one go, or I contact the Bush family- and I don't care how depraved I may have become, I don't want to risk having that on my phone records.

You can always count on them to give it their best shot even when they get off to a slow start. ND really wanted this one and they played well but our girls never give up because they know they can WIN...these late games make it hard to keep the energy level up. GOOD LUCK against A&M!!!!!

1. Anybody know much/ anything about A&M? I haven't seen a single game by them all year.

2. If we end up playing the Rutters, do you think the way they have become (both fairly and whinely) the great victims of the universe will work for or against them/ us?

3. How hard, 1 to 10, do you think Imus is praying Rutgers doesn't make it to the final for his own sake, and, depending on your opinion of how big a smartass God is, do you think that works for or against Rutger's chances?

Huh.... when I was there, the one American sports team(s) they knew anything about was Notre Dame and quite a few did- maybe it's about the difference between popular and "knows about".

Limerick, Cork, Galway....nothing. But once I got into Dublin and the kind of pubs where they're used to tourists asking them to make black-and-tans (which is an appalling request, if you know anything about Irish history and what the term actually means), then they claimed to know all about Notre Dame. Except that they didn't, of course, other than that to snicker about it. Most Irishmen realize that Notre Dame is just about as much Irish as most of the 75 million Americans who now claim Irish ancestry. I.e., not at all.

And there is never anything perverse about rooting against Notre Dame. In any sport, versus any opponent.

1. Anybody know much/ anything about A&M? I haven't seen a single game by them all year.

2. If we end up playing the Rutters, do you think the way they have become (both fairly and whinely) the great victims of the universe will work for or against them/ us?

3. How hard, 1 to 10, do you think Imus is praying Rutgers doesn't make it to the final for his own sake, and, depending on your opinion of how big a smartass God is, do you think that works for or against Rutger's chances?

2. It won't matter.

3. 1-10? 10. Or 11. And again, it won't matter. I wish things were ordered enough that it did.

If I was a Kentucky fan, I wouldn't believe in an ordered universe either.

Of course, if I was a twinkie, I wouldn't believe in double-stuff, so maybe it's just me.

VN Store

Back