Lady Vols vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish Game Thread

That was a good first half but you had to know it was just a tease... and things would revert back to normal in the 2nd half. Muffet was making half time adjustments while Holly was brushing her hair.

Reactions: feathersax and T.J.
Fulmer needs to realize if this team is going to salvage a decent seed come tourney time he needs to make a HC change now!! Players are gonna throw the towel the more losses keep piling up....she needs to resign tomorrow!!! Holly please for your sake and UT do the right thing and walk away now

I think it's far from guaranteed that they make the NCAAT.

A loss to LSU, barring a miraculous SECT, will likely end that possibility.

Reactions: feathersax and T.J.
I think it's far from guaranteed that they make the NCAAT.

A loss to LSU, barring a miraculous SECT, will likely end that possibility.
Well if they lose to LSU she should go to Fulmer and say I’m sorry I tried it’s just not going how I thought it would this year and tell him she’s stepping down immediately....

Reactions: T.J.
Well if they lose to LSU she should go to Fulmer and say I’m sorry I tried it’s just not going how I thought it would this year and tell him she’s stepping down immediately....
The thing is though is I really don't think she sees herself as the problem. Just watch or listen to every postgame press conference. Other than the 1,000 "I don't knows", she never takes any accountability for any of what happens between opening tip to the final buzzer. She talks about putting the girls in the best position to win, but game after game we all see they're never put anywhere near that position.

20190124_193643.jpg

Captured this image during the end of the game. Started talking about the men's team during the LV broadcast. Wow this is bad for the LV and yes things are upside down in Knoxville. Is it selfish to want both teams to dominate?

The thing is though is I really don't think she sees herself as the problem. Just watch or listen to every postgame press conference. Other than the 1,000 "I don't knows", she never takes any accountability for any of what happens between opening tip to the final buzzer. She talks about putting the girls in the best position to win, but game after game we all see they're never put anywhere near that position.

I don't ... to me, I don't get the impression she's unaware. And this whole narrative of her just wanting to draw paychecks is weird to me - I see lots of people saying that, but I don't know how they're arriving at that conclusion. I suspect Holly Warlick knows she's not delivering the performances people expect, and (personally) I would bet she's harder on herself than anyone here is on her. There's always this attitude that somehow Warlick doesn't care or doesn't have a clue. I doubt I could find anyone who cares more than she does -- even if she can't fix it. I think she genuinely, with every ounce of energy she's got, wants to fix it and thinks she should be able to fix it. I might even go so far as to wonder how much the pressure has gotten to *her*. Not an excuse, mind you. Just ... I doubt she's whistling her way to the exits.

Reactions: Sportslady
Our girls are just not very good shots.....Davis is far over rated, and the girl with the blond rope like hair, is just not very good.

I expected about a 25 point loss, so to lose by 15, at least in my eyes, is better than I expected.

And the beat goes on.........

Reactions: PG1

If they lose to LSU, it becomes significantly harder for Fulmer to justify letting her finish the season IMO...

Our girls are just not very good shots.....Davis is far over rated, and the girl with the blond rope like hair, is just not very good.

I expected about a 25 point loss, so to lose by 15, at least in my eyes, is better than I expected.

I'd expect any of these girls' high school coaches would be more successful than CHW.:rolleyes:

Bingo, this is the problem. I think that she honestly believes she has done nothing wrong. It is someone else’s fault, ie - players they are losing.

I don't ... to me, I don't get the impression she's unaware. And this whole narrative of her just wanting to draw paychecks is weird to me - I see lots of people saying that, but I don't know how they're arriving at that conclusion. I suspect Holly Warlick knows she's not delivering the performances people expect, and (personally) I would bet she's harder on herself than anyone here is on her. There's always this attitude that somehow Warlick doesn't care or doesn't have a clue. I doubt I could find anyone who cares more than she does -- even if she can't fix it. I think she genuinely, with every ounce of energy she's got, wants to fix it and thinks she should be able to fix it. I might even go so far as to wonder how much the pressure has gotten to *her*. Not an excuse, mind you. Just ... I doubt she's whistling her way to the exits.

I do not understand why she has not employed any fixes for the offense

Landers and Fortner blaming Holly
In deed they did...saying fundamentals & correct decision making is a requirement that starts in practice and starts with the head coach...this the second game in a row where the commentators have publicly blamed CHW...looks like everyone is disappointed & upset with the current state of the Lady Vols historical program...hmmm

Only 9,000 in attendance to see Lady Vols take on the number one team in the country. I remember a time when you could get a crowd of over 10,000 for a game against Delta State. Others teams are seeing increased attendance numbers while ours decline. It has nothing to do with old fans dying off or the SEC Network. It’s the product on display. Put a quality product on the court and people will pay to see it.

They were good before they got to Knoxville

I see what you're saying, and I get it. But to that, my mindset is not that it's about the paycheck for Holly. I truly believe she loves her team and she loves the university. She is all Lady Vol and Tennessee for that matter. There are fundamental aspects missing from this team and teams from the past seven years as well. Fundamental aspects that should be implemented in every practice, every day. Now with that being said, I have no clue what goes on in their practices, but things are missing from this team that used to be a staple with every Lady Vol team. Not so much anymore. Those girls showed a lot of people tonight they can play with anyone in the country. My question is...why is this not happening every time they step on the court?

I do not understand why she has not employed any fixes for the offense

I don't get what's going on either, and I definitely agree with everyone on the "there needed to be serious changes, like, years ago." I just shake my head when people assert she's unaware or uninterested in fixing things. She may be in over her head, sure, but I think the whole indifference angle just seems terribly unlikely.

Part of me wonders if Holly is struggling with self-assessment and evaluation. Over the years I've gotten the impression, especially from the best coaches out there, that identifying and acting to correct mistakes/problems with one's own skills is key to growth and keeping pace with a sport. The best ones are frank about what they both excel and fail at, and create plans to address those issues. At some point, one wonders if Holly's struggles are related to being honest in assessment of herself and her staff.

Kushkituah She needs to get better how was she AA

Not happy with how unfit she is and not as mobile. The injury early this season didn’t help. But, I like that she will mix it up and is a banger down low. She really just needs to get in better shape.

A coaching change for our Lady Vols has to happen after this season.

They deserve better.

VN Store

Back