Lady Vols vs Louisville game thread (7:00 p.m. tipoff)

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
This game is being televised by CBS College Sports.

Oddly, I'm told today's newspaper listed the start time as 9:30 p.m. I'm not sure what's up with that.

Actually, it turns out the television broadcast by CBS College Sports is on tape delay and won't begin until 9:30. I guess it's radio for those wanting to follow the game live.

After the time out, Vols are up 42 - 36, Vols have the ball with 10:40 left to play.

7:57 left to play, Vols up 45 - 41, and Louisville has the ball. Sounds like a lot of turnovers on both sides and poor 3 point shooting by both teams. Baugh has 4 fouls.

Meighan Simmons rattles off 8 straight points in 36 seconds to push the lead back up to 9 with the score 53-44. Less than 6 minutes left.

True Freshman Meighan Simmons comes off the bench to lead TN with 22 points. Strickland gets a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds. Angie Bjorkland gets 6 points, both 3 pointers.

TN had a combined 29 turnovers! Everyone who played had at least 2 except for Lauren Avant who had 1 in 4 minutes. Simmons led the team with 5 turnovers and Kamiko Williams who hails from my alma mater had 4.

But, a win is a win :)

those scrappy Louisville freshman really kicked our ass...I think we looked better equipped against their press when we went with our smaller faster roster....Avant, Johnson, and Cain just couldn't get themselves established with all those scrappy little people around em.

VN Store

Back