Lady Vols vs. Georgia

Pat and her staff have their hands full right now. Gotta get this train back on the track.

I keep harping on this but . . . the free throw differential is 21-7. As much as we play in the paint, that's hard to believe.

No way Tennessee was gonna win this one without getting to the free-throw stripe until mid-way through the 2nd half...

At least we lost to a top 10 team on their court. Ball handling killed us late. 2 games in a row with mental errors that hurt us.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Oh well, what's done is done. You aren't going to win on the road against top 10 teams when you commit over 20 turnovers.

What offensive plan does CPS run. Quick, can anybody tell me. They all stand around, throw the ball to Cain who is triple teamed or give to Angie who has hands in her face. Where are the backdoor runs, the streakers, where the heck are the shooters. Do they ever practice offense at practice or is it all defence. This was a lousy game and they shouldn't have lost. I don't hold out much hope for them.

What offensive plan does CPS run. Quick, can anybody tell me. They all stand around, throw the ball to Cain who is triple teamed or give to Angie who has hands in her face. Where are the backdoor runs, the streakers, where the heck are the shooters. Do they ever practice offense at practice or is it all defence. This was a lousy game and they shouldn't have lost. I don't hold out much hope for them.

Overreact much? UT averages nearly 80 points per game this year. UGA is an excellent defensive team.

I think a coach with 1000 wins and 8 rings can fix what ails this team. This isn't exactly her first rodeo.

I hold a lot of hope for them. This is a good team. No, a great team. I don't know what's happened in the last three games, but it's not what this team is. It may be where it is right now, but not what it is. I expect for the next game we'll see a line up that we haven't seen before.

Bottom line, we played a tough GA team in their house, we played like crap, didn't get calls....and only lost by 3(that insight from a friend).

Go Vols.....

Last edited:
It's been kinda hard to watch the lady vols for me since the Candice Parker era. Seeing UConn streaking away to unheard of wins, all by blowouts. What has happened, can't we get the top players to compete for titles anymore? We can't even claim tops in the SEC anymore! I long for our glory days when we were top dog. Something has changed & I hope Pat can get her arms around it. We're just not impressive or fun to watch now days & that's sad after being THE team to beat in women's b-ball.

It's been kinda hard to watch the lady vols for me since the Candice Parker era. Seeing UConn streaking away to unheard of wins, all by blowouts. What has happened, can't we get the top players to compete for titles anymore? We can't even claim tops in the SEC anymore! I long for our glory days when we were top dog. Something has changed & I hope Pat can get her arms around it. We're just not impressive or fun to watch now days & that's sad after being THE team to beat in women's b-ball.

We lost our entire starting 5 to graduation after the '08 NC. When you replace them with a bunch of freshmen, there's going to be a major dropoff.

We are still getting great talent, but it's still young talent. There are ZERO seniors on this year's team.

Last edited:
We lost our entire starting 5 to graduation after the '08 NC. When you replace them with a bunch of freshmen, there's going to be a major dropoff.

We are still getting great talent, but it's still young talent. There's are ZERO seniors on this year's team.

This.

It's been like this for years. UConn has the best players right now, so they're winning. When they lose those players, it will be our turn again, like it was when Parker was here. This is a cycle that's been turning between UT and UConn for the last 15 years.

And we're still the best team in the conference. They don't play every game in Athens.

VN Store

Back