Lady Vols vs. Arkansas Razorbacks Game Thread

What a disgrace. The only excuse I can think of is she's trying to get sympathy.

Holly knows her ass is grass. At least I hope so. That's why I wish she would make things easier and step down. But she's tainting what little legacy she has as a HC by being so stubborn and not acknowledging the writing on the wall.
Correct. Holly is living in a fools paradise.

Reactions: feathersax
Creme dropped the LVs to a 10 seed. With ND and LSU on deck, good chance they go 0-3, bringing the losing skid to 7 before getting a breather with UF. ND could be historically ugly. Not sure how much motivation they'll have if they drop to the bubble and stay at the bottom of the conference.

That's embarrassing...
In a tight game with a one point lead, ten seconds to go, why not press, make them use all ten seconds to get the ball up the court. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, cause just like HW, I'm not a coach, but if they throw the ball in at the base line like they did and we pressed and they can't get the ball across the half line, they have to call time out, the ball is inbounded from the spot were time timeout is called, not at halfcourt. We could deup, maybe got a five inbound penalty or even stolen the ball. Sadly all of our players turned an ran up the court with their backs turned, sad I say jusy sad.

Reactions: Momto2
Wow stuttering Hollie says at the 2:54 mark of the press conference video "we're not supposed to beat Notre Dame, but we will try to prepare anyways." What kind of confidence is that and what coach says that???? Fire her, and the sooner she is out of the gym the better.

Last edited:
Wow stuttering Hollie says at the 2:54 mark of the press conference video "we're not supposed to be Notre Dame, but we will try to prepare anyways." What kind of confidence is that and what coach says that???? Fire her, and the sooner she is out of the gym the better.

exactly. I want a coach that thinks they can beat anyone, anytime, anywhere.

We have more than enough talent to be competing for, if not making, Final Fours. We could easily be at ND's level if we had a good coach. That proves she has an inferiority complex and it's spread to the team. Even more reason to can her ass.

Wow stuttering Hollie says at the 2:54 mark of the press conference video "we're not supposed to be Notre Dame, but we will try to prepare anyways." What kind of confidence is that and what coach says that???? Fire her, and the sooner she is out of the gym the better.

Teams like Arkansas and Alabama are not supposed to beat the mighty Lady Vols either, but I bet their coaches lit a fire under them and made them believe they could and oh yeah, they did! Jesus Holly, what kind of crappy coach of a major program are you? A high school coach won't say crap like this to their players, goodness! Tell me, would you work your ass off for a coach like this, somebody who's basically saying we're not good, so whatever? This is just disgraceful!

Holly has recruited well but that just leads me to believe that ANYBODY could recruit well as the head coach of the Lady Vols. She is so uninspiring and has no confidence at all, either in herself or her players. In her press conferences, she always sounds like she is on the verge of tears. There is no strength or courage of conviction demonstrated. We only see a very defeatist expression of manner from her. Who wants to play for a coach who talks like this? She is dragging this team down with her.

No accountability taken by the coach. No plan given for how to turn it around. Injects fake positive statements meant to take the heat off of her. She rubs her legs for comfort the whole time. Pathetic.
When times are tough, lean on each other, so true, cause they can't lean on you to give them guidance, sad just plain sad.

Obviously I've never been on board the Holly train, but even I didn't really think she would lose at home, on We Back Pat night, to a poor Arkansas team. I notice a raucous crowd of 7000 showed up for the big event...

I go to the game one hour before to watch the pre-games...
usually about 300-500 waiting to get in and see the pre-game drills.
Today, maybe 30-50

It's time,,,I can be there tomorrow

Wow stuttering Hollie says at the 2:54 mark of the press conference video "we're not supposed to beat Notre Dame, but we will try to prepare anyways." What kind of confidence is that and what coach says that???? Fire her, and the sooner she is out of the gym the better.

I'm more than ready for her departure but to be fair, the full quote doesn't sound nearly as negative:

On playing Notre Dame and how it could be big for the rest of the season:
"Forget the rest of the season, it's big because it is the next game. We will prepare for it. We have to go out and be confident. We aren't supposed to win the game, and that's fine. We were supposed to beat Missouri, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Alabama, and we didn't get it done. We aren't supposed to beat Notre Dame, but that doesn't mean that we aren't going to prepare, be ready, fight and give our kids the opportunity to win. I think that we are going to win every game. When our kids are dialed in and playing hard, we are pretty darn good. We had a lot of turnovers and we made some mental mistakes. We shot too many threes. Those are things that we can correct. We are going to continue to work and fight and get this thing turned around. I have a staff that is killing it in everything we are doing in practice and in prep. We had two killer days in practice, so absolutely this hurts, but we are going to keep going."

Lady Vols vs. Arkansas Postgame Quotes - University of Tennessee Athletics

Holly has recruited well but that just leads me to believe that ANYBODY could recruit well as the head coach of the Lady Vols.

I don't know about all the other elements of the situation but I absolutely believe this is a hang-up that has to be overcome. Anyone can come to Tennessee and see the program's presence, history, and significance. The problem now is that almost all of that prominence is a decade in the rear view mirror. BUT. You either believe what you've built is strong enough to draw as its own brand, and believe that it is at least somewhat due to the fan awareness, the attendance, and the national image, or ... or you don't. And if you don't, then what's the point? You'll always make decisions chained to the past.

I don't know about all the other elements of the situation but I absolutely believe this is a hang-up that has to be overcome. Anyone can come to Tennessee and see the program's presence, history, and significance. The problem now is that almost all of that prominence is a decade in the rear view mirror. BUT. You either believe what you've built is strong enough to draw as its own brand, and believe that it is at least somewhat due to the fan awareness, the attendance, and the national image, or ... or you don't. And if you don't, then what's the point? You'll always make decisions chained to the past.
Eventually, you just have to concede that it really doesn't matter how well Holly recruits anyway. The results will be the same. Even if recruiting slips a little bit under the next coach, we should still win more games.

I just found out that the dork, with a Van Dyke beard, is the "Director of Basketball operations" He looks like he's trying to appear "mature".

I'm more than ready for her departure but to be fair, the full quote doesn't sound nearly as negative:

On playing Notre Dame and how it could be big for the rest of the season:
"Forget the rest of the season, it's big because it is the next game. We will prepare for it. We have to go out and be confident. We aren't supposed to win the game, and that's fine. We were supposed to beat Missouri, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Alabama, and we didn't get it done. We aren't supposed to beat Notre Dame, but that doesn't mean that we aren't going to prepare, be ready, fight and give our kids the opportunity to win. I think that we are going to win every game. When our kids are dialed in and playing hard, we are pretty darn good. We had a lot of turnovers and we made some mental mistakes. We shot too many threes. Those are things that we can correct. We are going to continueefor to work and fight and get this thing turned around. I have a staff that is killing it in everything we are doing in practice and in prep. We had two killer days in practice, so absolutely this hurts, but we are going to keep going."

Lady Vols vs. Arkansas Postgame Quotes - University of Tennessee Athletics
I get it, but no coach should speak in a defeatist tone before the game is played period. Listen to her tone and body language.. sounds like incompetence and lack of control. She isn't a leader and it shows. Time to get a leader.

Every body was out of position, except maybe London. Who the heck was Rennia defending. Ray was suppose to be help side. There was no communication at all.
View attachment 190524
Why the hell were they in a zone on a quick inbounds play to win the game? Give up the shot? Didnt matter u were in zone the play before and gave up a lay up the play before. Holly needs to lay down the law on some of these players and get those feet moving laterally. Well not holly , but someone with some believable disciplined respect to their name!

VN Store

Back