Lady Vols vs. Alabama Game Thread

Agreed if these two were on there game we wouldn’t even be talking about a skid. Also it’s a trickle down affect because now E has the pressure to have to do more when the scoring was more evently distributed we saw E playing really well and playing free now not so much! I also liked her off the ball.

It’s seems as if Rennia is always falling away from the basket instead of drawing contact. I LOVE Zaays energy be maybe she needs to be the spark off the bench and put Mimi in at the 4.

Anyways I said in another post a change probably needs to come... who is it people want to see lead the LV? If a change is made it needs to be done early after the season so these players get to know the coach (and hopefully stay) while also staying in on some of the top 2020 class!

I didn't notice it as much during the UK or Mizzou game, but it seemed during the UGA game she wanted no part of Caliya Robinson. She was really tentative when Caliya was in her zip code. That last play in particular where she got blocked looked like she was trying to do everything in her power to avoid contact with Caliya and threw up an awkward, off balance shot that got stuffed anyway.

I also agree that this is trickling down to how Westbrook is playing. She's in full Diamond mode right now. And so is Zaay Green. And that's not good, because it's like they're so desperate to make things happen that they are a black hole with the ball unless they're running the open court.

Still haven't made up my mind on Mimi. I don't think she's strong enough to play the 5. Need to see her play more at the 4. I think Burrell is a bit more mobile and may be a better option, but she needs to learn to play under control and not just keep tossing up prayers up close (which is probably true for most of the team at this point...).

I didn't notice it as much during the UK or Mizzou game, but it seemed during the UGA game she wanted no part of Caliya Robinson. She was really tentative when Caliya was in her zip code. That last play in particular where she got blocked looked like she was trying to do everything in her power to avoid contact with Caliya and threw up an awkward, off balance shot that got stuffed anyway.

I also agree that this is trickling down to how Westbrook is playing. She's in full Diamond mode right now. And so is Zaay Green. And that's not good, because it's like they're so desperate to make things happen that they are a black hole with the ball unless they're running the open court.

Still haven't made up my mind on Mimi. I don't think she's strong enough to play the 5. Need to see her play more at the 4. I think Burrell is a bit more mobile and may be a better option, but she needs to learn to play under control and not just keep tossing up prayers up close (which is probably true for most of the team at this point...).
I agree I wanted Green at the 5 and MiMi at the 4 which would put Re at the 3 and maybe leave Zaay in at the 2 and bring Meme off the bench or vice versa.

Last edited:
Reactions: djtee and Amb3096
Wes was also a GA under Pat at UT which is why i have said before he would most likely walk over broken glass for this job! And he would have UT again as a national power contending with Geno, Kim, waltz and others for National Titles!
I agree, but Wes is not going to leave N.C. State.

Stir that pot. Everything you write shows contempt and vile for the LV program. You appear to be on a one man crusade to introduce dissension across the fan base. SIT DOWN.
And to think I supported you in another thread. Goes to show you can’t be nice to some people. Maybe just the holly supporters.

Reactions: TNfan#2 and Amb3096
Just listened to Holly’s post game interview. She sounded like she was about to burst into tears the entire time. She admitted she had no answers to how her team was playing. I’ve not posted about her but I do follow the threads. It’s time for her to go. And I’ve not felt that way at all till today. She’s to emotionally involved with Pat’s legacy. I wish her well but it’s over for her and UT.

Reactions: fastvol7 and ksl415
She did start the slogan her first year “The Grind for Nine”. Maybe that’s what she is aiming for.[/QUOTE

Grind for nine for what 7 years? Now laughable. What sadness. One of two storied programs now reduced to sad status. An avoidable event. Shame on AD’d turning a blind eye. Anyone besides me PO’d and fed up with AD inaction?

Where are those Holly fans who kept supporting her and insulting anyone who says the truth about her. Shame on her, she "cut the hands that fed her". Lady vols will never be the same unless she leaves.

I agree, but Wes is not going to leave N.C. State.

Coached at Maryville and Chattanooga, both in Tennessee for years. Currently only makes $460k a year. I promise you he'd consider the offer unless there's some reason none of us are privy to.

We

ll there you have it. Profound post of the season by the wannabe coach of the last what? 4! Seasons? I promise you I’m not trying to be cruel but please just think before you post

It isn't about being profound,,,People make it harder than it has to be.

A switch in the is machine got turned off.
Same as last year.
Find the switch and turn it back on.
You can trace this spiral back to mid-to-late December.

Reactions: Ladyvol777
Don't mention UConn. Remember we renewed that series? That's really looking like a huge mistake right now.

And UConn seems to have the least impressive team in years - worse next year with the loss of two seniors. Still Holly will fall short Disgusting

It isn't about being profound,,,People make it harder than it has to be.

A switch in the is machine got turned off.
Same as last year.
Find the switch and turn it back on.
You can trace this spiral back to mid-to-late December.

I’d say this spiral started 7 years ago E8 was an accident under Holly . Holly lags behind Pat on Offense and Pat lagged 4 years behind WcBb. Last FF 2008 for a reason. Pat hired Harry Panetta for a reason

Harry Paretta! That's it! Exactly who we need to start cleaning up this mess. Offensive genius, greatly respected by Pat. He's 63, been at Villanova for 41 years, surely ready for one final career challenge. Rescue the drowning program of the legend, his friend, then hand it off to an up and comer. What's not to love?

As noted in the previous post, Pat knew and said after Candace Parker's era that the offensive game was changing and she needed help with an update. She sought out Paretta. but got sick before implementing very much of his motion offense. Any other active coaches out there who have instructed PHS? Yeah, no.

Doug Bruno at DePaul was another coach Pat really liked and respected. Probably no accident, he was also known for his very effective offensive sets.

So this means an outdated offense has been a known issue dragging down the LVs for a full decade now yet no one could fix it? I have never understood that.

Reactions: montbb47
I don't think she wants to cut anyones minutes though. There was no urgency from Davis or Jackson all night but she put them back out there after the freshman got them back within a couple buckets. I mean that decision alone was odd. Z. Green was the only reason the first half wasn't a complete mess, even w/ her shooting form. At least she was playing w/ a purpose. Then in the second half Burrell stepped up. No one knows who the leader is it seems. Everyone is just out there kind of lost and trying to make a bucket and the defense well... you saw it. At one point there were 4 lady vols chasing 1 player. They might as well scrap the zone defense until they actually learn how to play it.
Holly is making the same mistakes she has made with Nared , playing her out of position.
How in the world can you develop a player out position if you can't do it in their original position.
Remember when she moved Graves from 4 to 5 , and she had another post. Graves was never the same. Top ten player also

Reactions: lvocd

VN Store

Back