Lady Vols vs. Alabama Game Thread

This is a very soft, undisciplined team. Holly enables that because she isn't a disciplinarian and she doesn't like calling players out when that's exactly what they need. She never grew past her role as Pat's assistant-- the coddler who soothed hurt feelings when Pat pushed them hard and held them accountable. Holly is what she's always been-- and always will be. It's unfortunate for the entire program that the situation has been allowed to escalate to this level.

Analysts saying "a talented team like Tennessee". Are they? Even if they aren't...there is NO EXCUSE for what is happening with this program. This is a five alarm dumpster fire...and has been trending down more and more each year to now being the lowest point in the program in decades. If Phil hesitant to fire because of the recruiting....WHAT DOES IT MATTER. We had the # 1 class just a couple years ago...and Holly has done NOTHING with it. So what's the point? What is Phil protecting here?

If something isn't changed, I'm afraid players will not stay. So if Fulmer is worried about losing potential recruits, he better make sure there is enough players left to field a team, first!

Reactions: WVU05UT09 and VFL17
I know. I'm amazed any recruit would come here in view of the swirling vortex of underdevelopment Holly's tenure has been. Ya'll remember Mercedes, Jamie, Jordan Reynolds, Bashara Graves, they're just the most recent, I could go on and on. Cautionary tales, all.

Some have suggested Holly's been recruiting the wrong kind of player - athletic but raw, in need of exactly the kind of refinement she's incapable of providing. Holly seems totally stuck in the LVs of yore, just tighten up that defense, hit the glass, get more putbacks, avoid the half court at all costs. The game passed this by long ago, actually by the end of the Pat era.

This is a very soft, undisciplined team. Holly enables that because she isn't a disciplinarian and she doesn't like calling players out when that's exactly what they need. She never grew past her role as Pat's assistant-- the coddler who soothed hurt feelings when Pat pushed them hard and held them accountable. Holly is what she's always been-- and always will be. It's unfortunate for the entire program that the situation has been allowed to escalate to this level.

amen.

Reactions: VFL17
Brilliant, perceptive and 100 percent accurate statement of the Holly Warlick travesty, debacle, fiasco as a head coach.

If your a member of VolTwitter lets get this trending...

#FireHollyWarlick
#FireHolly

What I want to know is where is that complete ****ing moron rickster? Hey bro your bashing of those who bashed holly earlier this year even though it was obvious after previous years of coaching malfeasance looks pretty ****ing stupid now doesn’t it you complete douchebag piece of ****? Yeah it’s turds like you that keep losers like Warlick destroying our once proud program... you claim to be a true fan, I think your the epitome of what a true fan isn’t and part of the complete destruction of a once proud program. Congratulations, now go **** yourself.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
"We're stuck in the mud right now. Something is zapping our energy. We've got to get it figured out." -Holly after UT loses 4th in a row for first time in 49 years.

Blahblahblahblahblah. She has NO ANSWERS. I hate when loser coaches just regurgitate the obvious....and then offer ZERO solutions. Not that it matters what she says anyway...as results on the court is all that matters...but it just shows how clueless this disaster of a coach is. What are you waiting for Phil?

over last several years here on this forum I have been criticized for saying things about holly.... i try not to because i know people are sensitive.... but to me it was obvious from the start yes the start that she did not have control or respect of her team.... many quotes and facts to back this up...... but now it is very sad..... 3 losses in a row ok so what... but then a 20 point loss to Alabama.... i would believe it if it was football why can they play well and we cannot? i just watched the georgia game again.... i took note of their coach.... she looked confident.... had a plan.... always encouraged her players.... i am at a loss to explain tonights result..... i didn't see the game but i wonder if the team just quit

All of the commentators are saying Tennessee doesn't want it as much as the other teams do...they aren't aggressive anymore and not showing up to win...I just want to Rennia & Meme a big huge [they look so defeated and are crying for reprieve]...I have a gut feeling Holly is about to be relieved...🤞🤞

Reactions: T.J. and feathersax
"We're stuck in the mud right now. Something is zapping our energy. We've got to get it figured out." -Holly after UT loses 4th in a row for first time in 49 years.

Blahblahblahblahblah. She has NO ANSWERS. I hate when loser coaches just regurgitate the obvious....and then offer ZERO solutions. Not that it matters what she says anyway...as results on the court is all that matters...but it just shows how clueless this disaster of a coach is. What are you waiting for Phil?
Energy vampires. Wow, way to channel Butch Jones, Holly.

Unfortunately, I think all the freshmen are busts. None of them can shoot. The only hope for this team to recover is to become a 3 point shooting team (Jackson, Westbrook, and Davis only).
They need to become a 3 point making team (they certainly took enough tonight)... Hell they need to become an any shot making team, let alone the damn 3 ball. How do you get 80... yes EIGHTY shots up, double them up in O boards which results in 12 MORE shots for your team & you STILL lose by more than 20 points? I watched the game live and I still can't believe the box score. It's crazy.

VN Store

Back