Lady Vols Volleyballers sweep South Carolina, 3-0

StrangeVol

First a couple of thoughts off the top of my head. (1) This was a total team victory in which everybody contributed. (2) We have two freshmen that are seriously good. Lily Felts is a star in the making and Rocky Perinar is coming on strong. With these two plus Coach Rackham's first recruiting class on the way, we are going to be a force in the SEC for the first time in a good while.

Sweeping South Carolina is no small feat. They are a solid team but you could tell from the outset that they were intimidated playing the Vols. They made so many mistakes, which is not like them as a rule. We now stand at 8-2 in the SEC and hopefully our RPI will get a little bump.

Leading scorer was Tess Grubbs (as usual) with 12 kills, followed closely by Lilly Felts with 10 and Erica Trieber with 9. Sedona Hansen had 26 assists along with 8 digs. Callie Williams had 9 assists and 11 digs.

To me, this was a complete game and really demonstrated how good this team really is. :)

Go Lady Vols!!!

Last edited:
Well put, and the announcers alluded to the prospect of the SEC getting 5 teams into the NCAA Tournament, with us and SC being the 4th and 5th probable qualifiers. I'm not so sure about 5; therefore, I'm relieved that we took this one fairly convincingly.

Kudos to the players you listed. I'll add Madison Colter who continues to be an adhesion for the team while accepting and fulfilling a new role for her. I can't gush enough, though, over Lily-Hammer Felts! I picture her as a beach VB Olympian.

yep, and they didn't fold under extreme pressure...very nice win...

GO LADY SOCCER VOLS!

VN Store

Back