Lady Vols - Turnovers

It's true. Only 4 the first half. Most of the t.o.s were when it got sloppy late in the game. The turnaround has been incredible. I wish Cora would ask KJH what she attributes it to.
As much as I wish she was still able to play, it was when Key went out that the turnovers went down.
Not that Key was directly responsible for the entire difference, but so many entry passes were errant. I don't think that the two events occurring simultaneously is a coincidence.

As much as I wish she was still able to play, it was when Key went out that the turnovers went down.
Not that Key was directly responsible for the entire difference, but so many entry passes were errant. I don't think that the two events occurring simultaneously is a coincidence.
Also, the desire to get the ball inside to the "extra tall player" is no longer in play....Instead, the outside shot is much more in play...

Exactly.

Hard not to go there due to the exact timing of the two. Maybe kinder to see it as others taking advantage of opportunities that opened. Also, kudos to KJH for having the personnel this year to withstand the loss of TK and the ability to retool the offensive approach.

The thing we miss about TK on defense, just the physical space she and her wingspan take up, is the thing that's helping us on offense. Much more space for player and ball movement. Also bigs who are more mobile, see the floor better, keep the ball high and catch passes better. Franklin looked like J. Hyatt on a few catches she made last night.

I think this team will be for a lot of reasons better without TK. I think the team offense opens up more and plays freer.

I think this team will be for a lot of reasons better without TK. I think the team offense opens up more and plays freer.
Coaches have never really had a handle on exactly how to develop and use TK. Not for lack of trying or want to on either side. Just could never get consistency. Best case scenerio: TK returns next year in the physical and motivational shape of her life and kicks all a in a triumphant final year.

Reactions: Lucy
Even the 97-98 undefeated team averaged almost averaged almost 17 TOs a game. Pat’s team had enough talent that was able to overcome any shortcoming

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back