Lady Vols - Turnovers

Over the top. We don't know at all she didn't address the need. In fact, it defies logic to think she didn't. She got what she could get.

We do know she didn't address the need, because there still isn't a point guard on the roster. I'm not saying she didn't make an effort, I'm sure she did, but the fact is she didn't get it done and the team is paying for it now. The "best she could" is the same rationale her apologists use to explain why she continues to lose out on top recruits, but the bottom line is the construction of the roster falls on the coach...

In hindsight, if Kellie made one mistake, is sticking too long with Jordan who just was not on last night. It is tough because you don't want to pull a key (and young) player early and wreck her confidence. But there was a stretch, where Jordan committed a TO which led to a bucket; too a 3 early in the clock, missed and then did not work on defense because (it appeared) she was frustrated) and gave up a wide open 3 for Uconn; and then she turned the all over again for a transition Uconn score. That was 7 point swing in less than a minute.

I am not trying to put the loss on Jordan but this was a game where the more experienced Walker was just handling the pressure better.
Good analysis of a key factor in the loss to UConn, Madtownvol. Question however, where do you play Horston? Do you play her at SG? Or do you play her at PG off the bench? What about Salary backing up Walker at PG and Horston at SG?

Good analysis of a key factor in the loss to UConn, Madtownvol. Question however, where do you play Horston? Do you play her at SG? Or do you play her at PG off the bench? What about Salary backing up Walker at PG and Horston at SG?

Hi Nute, pardon a small tangent, I really underestimated how quickly Key was going correct some of her shortcomings and become a positive factor in the offense. Kellie and staff have made in-season change that you just did not see with the previous coaching group. So, I think Jordan can be effective at point this season. She had some good games up to this one but it seemed that he let her shooting struggles effect every other aspect of her game. Her court vision is still not good enough. She just makes too many bad passes but she is getting better. I would run more with Jordan Walker at point though if her knee allows. And I would not put Key and KK on the court at the same time. When Kellie wants to go with that line-up. I would put Jordan on the court in place of one of the post. And next year, if it were me, I would get another PG and let Jordan play in Rennia's slot.

I love Destiny but I am not sure she is an answer at Point. She seems to indecisive. For this season, I really think it is going to be the Jordans but we can win with that combo. Kellie just has to read the game situations as to when to go with one or the other.

I said all offseason Kellie completely failed this team by not addressing the point guard position after Massengill departed. Hell, with even AVERAGE point guard play Tennessee wins last night, and is likely undefeated right now.

Coaching malpractice...
Well now, seriously? I think she tried to address it with Salary and Walker. This team has likely not peaked, which is good. I've got no problem with Harper so far.

It still astounds me how much crap she got here even before she transferred. If she was still our point guard, Tennessee wins this game...

This was in reference to Massengill... and not winning the uconn game.

The fans treated Massengill with respect and didn’t give her too much crap from what I could see.

After seeing Massengill at UK i don’t know that this aged well🤔

VN Store

Back