Lady Vols Survive Upset Bid at South Carolina, 60-55

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Freshman Kamiko Williams scored a career-high 17 points off the bench to lead No. 5 Tennessee to a 60-55 win Sunday afternoon at South Carolina.

More...

If you can have a bad game on the road and still get the win, then it's all good.

I don't know why it's taking Pat so long to figure out that Kamiko should be our point guard. Her stubborness drives me crazy sometimes.

You are so right!! It's getting so old listening to Pat making excuses for her Star player "Strick". If Pat don't wake up she will not have anyone to blame but herself.

I knew she had it in her because I saw her at Disney last summer and she is a true baller. I think the coaching staff should just give the young lady a chance and stop depending on those McDonald's All-Americans because it seems that they only play well in the comfort of their home court. When given the time on the floor and the ball in her hands, Kamiko has shown that she is just as good at home or on the road in key contest remember the following games: Florida, San Fran and now SC.

Pat has Stricklin playing out of position, so it's not Sticks fault. She is not a point guard. She's needs to be banging around the basket to pick up the garbage. That's what she's good at. I have nothing against Smallbone, but Pat starting her makes no sense. I'll take anybody but Bass over her. I think Pat over thinks this thing sometimes. Her substitution patterns are puzzling a lot of times. I've seen it for years and still can't figure it out. This team is going to have to play a lot better if they are going to get very far in the tourney. Too many off nights.

I have nothing against Smallbone, but Pat starting her makes no sense. I'll take anybody but Bass over her.

I could not agree more! When she started her the first time I thought she was trying to send Bjorklund a message, but now I can't figure it out. Smallbone just can't seem to handle the ball, nor can she put it in the hole. Although lately the same thing could be said about Manning.

Also, I just don't understand why our ladies can't get it in the paint! I feel like lately all they do is dribble and pass along the perimeter. This wouldn't be a problem if we could actually put it in from the perimeter, but Bjorklund hasn't been on her game lately, and we have no other reliable 3 point shooters. It's time to start getting some points in the paint, people!

I love my Lady Vols, but I feel like we have been having an "off game" for the past several games. The win yesterday should have been a given, instead we were behind until 7:53 left in the second half. Even then, we never had a strong lead. I don't want to take away anything from South Carolina, because they played great defense and took some great shots, but the bottom line is when Tennessee plays with the talent they all possess, we are a FAR superior team. I hope we can get it together in time for the SEC tournament and post-season play.

Manning is struggling with scoring but she brings decent defense and hustle to the floor. When there is a scrum, Alicia is usually the one that comes out of the pile with the ball. The Lady Vols ALWAYS have trouble with a team that plays in your face defense. I think it's obvious that the starting lineup should be Williams, Bjorkland, Stricklin, Johnson and Cain. Brewer and Manning should be first off the bench until Spani is 100% healthy.

I agree with your starting line-up but as far as for Spani, she is so overrated. If you really look at all of the games they have played, she has been a no-show and the only good game was a home game against UCLA and that wasn't a quality team to really judge the teams competition level.

I don't know why it's taking Pat so long to figure out that Kamiko should be our point guard. Her stubborness drives me crazy sometimes.

Looks like it didn't take her much longer. Williams to start at PG next game per GVX.

Looks like it didn't take her much longer. Williams to start at PG next game per GVX.

I hope this works out really good. I applaud Pat for going as far as she did in trying to develop Strick for PG. And, good on Strick for really trying to make it work. I think the "shared" PG duties will work. I hope so.

GBO LV's

From what I saw, it seemed like Pat just put Williams out there just to keep her word because she told the media Williams was starting but she didn't really give the young lady a true chance at the point. Is it just me but she played Williams lesser time in that starting role at home than what she does at any away games? I really hope Pat gets it right before it becomes too late.

VN Store

Back