Lady Vols Softball

With the Spring Season now approaching, does anyone have any updates on Amanda, Caliyah, and Olivia. I know it’s a knee and two shoulders but don’t know if they will be available.
Amanda played fall ball though not at 100% so barring another injury she should be good to go. Thompson is a mystery it has been a year did not play in fall ball has had a brace on a long time so don't know if she is a go for the season or not. Know nothing on Olivia. Curran should be back at some point.

What games are you guys not intrigued/excited for?
In the past there would have been a lot of games I would not be excited for, but with the drastic changes to the roster and coaches and how improved we are in every aspect on paper I am very excited to see this team up against anyone. We have a chance to win every game and that was not the case in the past.

I will say the day in the Mary Nutter Classic when we play Ucla and Oklahoma back to back will be interesting it certainly will test our pitching. But bring them on!!

UCLA and OKLAHOMA back to back?
200w.gif

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Going into March 19-0 should carry with it a top 3 ranking. That would be the biggest hoot of the past two centuries!

I will say the day in the Mary Nutter Classic when we play Ucla and Oklahoma back to back will be interesting it certainly will test our pitching. But bring them on!!
I meant that in years past if we played ucla and oklahoma back to back I would be scared, but with our offense this year and the depth of our pitching I think that they both will be great games. I’m sure we will lose at least one, but nonetheless good RPI builders.

She'll be in town for camp this weekend. It'll be interesting to see if the other LHP (class of 25) from Unity comes too, instate kid to watch.
Slight correction. Heavener is a '24, or were you referring to Linton?

Wow 5 SEC teams ranked higher. Guess LVols will have to prove themselves on the field. Be interesting to see how Karen runs things now that she calls all the shots. Hope she changes up the style of play from last 2-3 yrs. Appears the game has or is going the power route now.

I think that we will have many opportunities to prove ourselves, but on paper we should be able to hang with any team that is on our schedule. I do think that this season we will have better chemistry and more vocal leaders. I expected this team to be ranked in the 15-20 range just because we added a lot (transfers and freshman). This team has a lot of potential to get back to the WCWS with our increased power, speed, and pitching depth.

Wow 5 SEC teams ranked higher. Guess LVols will have to prove themselves on the field. Be interesting to see how Karen runs things now that she calls all the shots. Hope she changes up the style of play from last 2-3 yrs. Appears the game has or is going the power route now.
Hopefully she runs things by letting her coaches coach. She has a pretty good staff.

About the poll I expected in terms of our placement, but preseason softball polls are notoriously inaccurate. There are certainly a few teams that are ahead of us that are overrated that should be either behind us or lower in the poll but still ahead of us. I think this poll is way too bullish on the ACC, for starters, but we shall see.

VN Store

Back