Lady Vols Softball

I agree, but we have seen with pitchers who have great work ethics to be very effective even with lower velocities.
. Best of luck to the young lady and wish her well. But that’s majority of the kids headed off to D2 to pitch.

From ExtraInning
Charli Orsini, who lives right outside of Sydney near some of the most famous landmarks in the world, will soon be going to a university she’s never been to… and playing for college coaches she’s never met in person…
… and they’ve never seen her play in person, either.

That last part is why Tennessee girls feel slighted and choose other schools over staying home. If you can’t win your state in recruiting, you won’t win the SEC.

Hey Majors any updates on recruiting and what do you think our chances are with Jayden Heavener?
They’ll go all in on her because they be in need of a lefty. But will have to fight it out with LSU, Florida and Bama. Oklahoma won’t be a factor as they have two of the top 5 LHP coming in the class of 2022. I dont see Bailey hanging around if she’s not getting time this year. They missed out this year on a lefty to complement Pickens power. Especially with the word that they won’t be taking a 2023 kid at this time (always subject to change if someone leaves)

Last edited:
Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
They’ll go all in on her because they be in need of a lefty. But will have to fight it out with LSU, Florida and Bama. Oklahoma won’t be a factor as they have two of the top 5 LHP coming in the class of 2022. I dont see Bailey hanging around if she’s not getting time this year. They missed out this year on a lefty to complement Pickens power. Especially with the word that they won’t be taking a 2023 kid at this time (always subject to change if someone leaves)
She always includes us in her tweets when tweeting at coaches so she seems to have some interest and they have been on her a long time.

She always includes us in her tweets when tweeting at coaches so she seems to have some interest and they have been on her a long time.
Hers will be interesting to watch being as she’ll have The Who’s Who on her summer schedule tour. Always watch out for Clemson and Duke, both schools are relentless on the recruiting summer circuit.

I gather from Twitter she might have some relationship with Megan because when Megan came last year she started showing up on Twitter related to us. Of course now she is the rated #1 by at least one service. The Aussie girl came out of nowhere maybe Bender replacement. There is some connection there who it is. will probably come out. Hope for the best.

I gather from Twitter she might have some relationship with Megan because when Megan came last year she started showing up on Twitter related to us. Of course now she is the rated #1 by at least one service. The Aussie girl came out of nowhere maybe Bender replacement. There is some connection there who it is. will probably come out. Hope for the best.

Megan plays the twitter game, they all do on staff for that matter. Shows interest on both sides within the rules. Jayden switched from Bolts to a merger team of VA Unity and Mojo Ross, now Unity Johnson/Ross. That team formed right before PGF and won it, Jayden was not on it at the time but still led Bolts to a Top 10 finish. Tennessee did a playday with Mojo Ross, Mojo 2024 and Unity over the summer which is part of those relationships I said needed to be mended as Weekly dropped the ball on with Mojo in years past. So they will have tweets from many on that team to watch over the next year and the year after.

. Best of luck to the young lady and wish her well. But that’s majority of the kids headed off to D2 to pitch.

From ExtraInning
Charli Orsini, who lives right outside of Sydney near some of the most famous landmarks in the world, will soon be going to a university she’s never been to… and playing for college coaches she’s never met in person…
… and they’ve never seen her play in person, either.

That last part is why Tennessee girls feel slighted and choose other schools over staying home. If you can’t win your state in recruiting, you won’t win the SEC.
Maybe so, maybe not. You win with superior players and good coaching. If the local players don't measure up on the skill side, you can not afford to turn away better talent. If the local talent is equal or superior, then one has a reason the be concerned.

Reactions: Bret178
Maybe so, maybe not. You win with superior players and good coaching. If the local players don't measure up on the skill side, you can not afford to turn away better talent. If the local talent is equal or superior, then one has a reason the be concerned.

Bama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, Oklahoma St., FSU, Texas AM, Florida, Auburn, South Carolina, Duke, GT, Clemson and James Madison to name a few have kids on currently on the team or committed from Tennessee. Those kids are "superior" on personal rankings and national brands but TN dropped the ball in recruiting during their recruiting cycle. And just this week another one from the the Mid-State area to Missouri.

Last edited:
Bama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, Oklahoma St., FSU, Texas AM, Florida, Auburn, South Carolina, Duke, GT, Clemson and James Madison to name a few have kids on currently on the team or committed from Tennessee. Those kids are "superior" on personal rankings and national brands but TN dropped the ball in recruiting during their recruiting cycle. And just this week another one from the the Mid-State area to Missouri.
Actually, Tennessee has never been a hotbed of talent for Ladies softball. Florida, Texas, California and a few other States produce more talent than Tennessee. I don't see any of the teams you mentioned consistently beating Tennessee in head to head meetings.

Actually, Tennessee has never been a hotbed of talent for Ladies softball. Florida, Texas, California and a few other States produce more talent than Tennessee. I don't see any of the teams you mentioned consistently beating Tennessee in head to head meetings.
We will disagree on this one in regards to talent, especially in the last 3 years. If you're looking at quantity you can say those states based on size and year round playing produce more that's not disputed. If you want to say quality, then this is where we don't see it the same way. I'm not going to go into head to head breakdowns, but a few of those teams resume is a little more updated with WCWS than ours.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
We will disagree on this one in regards to talent, especially in the last 3 years. If you're looking at quantity you can say those states based on size and year round playing produce more that's not disputed. If you want to say quality, then this is where we don't see it the same way. I'm not going to go into head to head breakdowns, but a few of those teams resume is a little more updated with WCWS than ours.
I do think that the quality of some of the players that come out of the state of tennessee have tremendously helped other programs go far in the tournament. However, I feel like this age of softball players, not all of them, want to go places that they will have a chance to start early on in their careers. Let’s also not ignore the fact that as much as coaches will show interest in an in-state player sometimes these athletes will want to go to college outside of their state. I look at Jenna Holcomb (California), Aubrey Leach (Texas), Chelsea Seggern (Texas), KiKi Milloy (Washington), KP (California), etc.

I do echo that the weeklys have passed up good talent in the state for other players who should not have been on our roster because they just don’t have the capability to be SEC caliber. I think that if we consistently are in the mix for a WCWS spot that in-state recruits will take a second look at us. The past 6 years have been a downfall from my perspective.

Reactions: Majors
I do think that the quality of some of the players that come out of the state of tennessee have tremendously helped other programs go far in the tournament. However, I feel like this age of softball players, not all of them, want to go places that they will have a chance to start early on in their careers. Let’s also not ignore the fact that as much as coaches will show interest in an in-state player sometimes these athletes will want to go to college outside of their state. I look at Jenna Holcomb (California), Aubrey Leach (Texas), Chelsea Seggern (Texas), KiKi Milloy (Washington), KP (California), etc.

I do echo that the weeklys have passed up good talent in the state for other players who should not have been on our roster because they just don’t have the capability to be SEC caliber. I think that if we consistently are in the mix for a WCWS spot that in-state recruits will take a second look at us. The past 6 years have been a downfall from my perspective.
agree 100% on what you said and those mentioned along many more. Our out of state kids cannot be missed and those taken cannot be on par or below the talent here. Quality of player the last decade has caught up with those traditional states, but will always lack quantity.

The point is that Tennessee has definitely passed over in-state players in favor of inferior players from, most notably, California, that play on certain travel ball teams. Obviously not every in-state recruit (or maybe even most of them) would want to come to UT, but UT frequently doesn't even try with the best players in the state.

Also there are plenty of schools on that list that consistently beat us, most notably Florida and Bama, both of whom flat out own us.

Last edited:
The point is that Tennessee has definitely passed over in-state players in favor of inferior players from, most notably, California, that play on certain travel ball teams. Obviously not every in-state recruit (or maybe even of them) would want to come to UT, but UT frequently doesn't even try with the best players in the state.

Also there are plenty of schools on that list that consistently beat us, most notably Florida and Bama, both of whom flat out own us.

I'll give you Florida but Bama does not own us in softball it is always a battle with them

I'll give you Florida but Bama does not own us in softball it is always a battle with them

"Battling with them" is all well and good, but I'd rather have a meaningful W against them or, better yet, actually win the SEC championship or SECT over them or Florida. Honestly I'm not sure why head-to-head was even brought up given immense success in the SEC by Bama and Florida on a consistent basis. Outside of a couple of down seasons Bama had few years ago, I can't remember the last time they weren't in the conversation for a SEC championship and/or a NCAA championship. We should be trying to be better than them not giving ourselves moral victories for "battling with them". I'm hoping the new influx of transfers and the new hitting coach plus Megan can get us there again.

VN Store

Back