Lady Vols Softball

Agree, I think Turner has helped take some pressure off Rogers from pressing and everybody else. Seems Rogers did use the curve ball a little less today. I think Shipman called that one correctly. When they get into regionals with teams not familiar with Rogers the curve can be effective again.

Reactions: kregman
Pitching and D overall excellent. Hitting was hit and miss no pun intended. Umps not good. Auburn tends to play low scoring games and all three were that. Nothing easy for sure.

Camera work was not great so I'm not sure but both of our late steal attempts appeared to be delays. Is that correct? Wonder why not straight steal there?

Games were a little closer than I'd have liked, but Auburn is a far better team than their record indicates by virtue of these losses coming (primarily) against ranked SEC opponents. Felt badly for the girl who got hit with two outs, since she was trying her best to hold back tears on first base.

Lady Vols just need to take care of business against Mississippi State in the doubleheader (maybe just win one?) and they're a lock for hosting a regional.
Lady Vols need to sweep Miss. State, if they lose one those games it would be a very bad loss in the eyes of the selection committee. Tenn. needs to win at least one game against Mizzou, preferably 2 of three. Without those wins they are not a lock on hosting a regional.

Lady Vols need to sweep Miss. State, if they lose one those games it would be a very bad loss in the eyes of the selection committee. Tenn. needs to win at least one game against Mizzou, preferably 2 of three. Without those wins they are not a lock on hosting a regional.

Tennessee will get a regional this year not worried about it at all we have zero bad losses this year.....If you think Miami of Ohio is one they're currently 36-8 and I'm hoping they get put in a big 10 team regional

Tennessee will get a regional this year not worried about it at all we have zero bad losses this year.....If you think Miami of Ohio is one they're currently 36-8 and I'm hoping they get put in a big 10 team regional
No, I certainly don't think Miami of Ohio will host a regional. Getting back to Tennessee, they don't have any bad losses but they have very few great wins. The one win against LSU and Alabama are the ones that stand out, but those are quite few. The pandemic hurt their scheduling tough teams at the beginning of the season. Their strength of schedule is not very good. They still have to prove themselves before the selection committee. There are twenty outstanding teams to choose from as they whittle it down to sixteen teams. If the Lady Vols can finish the season strong and win a few in the SEC tourney they should host. I'm a Lady Vol softball fan all the way and I am definitely pulling for them, but don't take anything for granted.

Reactions: Memvol44
Our RPI being #10 helps tremendously. Traditionally, the SelCom seeds teams nearly identical to their RPI number. It’s why we have been under-seeded so many seasons (esp 2011 and 2016) and have the potential to be over-seeded this season.

Really disappointed we did not adjusted to their third pitcher. She has not been good this year.

Handley had only thrown something like 15 innings all year before Saturday. They probably had some video on her, but you're not going to spend a lot of time scouting someone that has barely pitched all year. They never pitched their second best, in my opinion, pitcher KK Dismukes, whose ERA was 1.30 or something coming into the weekend. She's been their closer of sorts, but I would have thought she would have been the second to come in on Saturday.

Reactions: Rickster
Got something out of it at least. I wonder if McCrary is through with the team you would think you would send her up in that situation being a right hander.

I don't think McCrary has found her confidence in her swing after her arm injury. From what I understand, she injured it initially on a swing, and I think there's still some hesitation there when she swings.

Here's the latest Softball Bracketology from College Sports Madness. Here's how they think the Knoxville Regional will stack up.

8 Tennessee
Duke
Western Kentucky
Fordham

Bracketology

We will only get a top 8 seed if we go undefeated the rest of the season. As in sweep the rest of our regular season games and win the SECT.

Also, I don't want Duke in our regional. And I think Duke is good enough where they won't be place in a top 8 regional.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back