Lady Vols Softball Regional Final @ Noon ET

When do these next games start that we play? I missed the announced dates & times.

LOL...........I guess Google is my friend as one poster told me today.

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong bc Rogers is a good pitcher. But she hasn’t faced a UCLA, UW, Arizona hitting team.

Uh, neither has Arnold given we haven't played any of those teams this season. The best team we've played this season was Florida State, and Rogers performed much better in that game than Arnold did. And Rogers was named 1st team All-SEC because of how she performed in conference, which is the deepest in the country. She's gotten the most innings because she's been the best pitcher. Arnold was 1-6 in the SEC. Rogers was 10-3. I'm not sure what your point is. They're pitching against the same opponents.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled for Caylan and I think she's incredibly talented when her head is in the game, but this team would've been in HUGE trouble this season without Ashley, because for long stretches Arnold and Moss didn't get it done. The fact that you're trying to act like her success is from pitching against cupcakes is laughable. I've watched the team all season long, and there's no question who the best pitcher on the staff was this year. Caylan's biggest problem has been keeping the ball in the park, even against lesser teams (she gave up more homers OOC than in SEC play). She's given up the most homers on the staff (16) while Rogers has given up 14 despite almost doubling her amount of innings.

Uh, neither has Arnold given we haven't played any of those teams this season. The best team we've played this season was Florida State, and Rogers performed much better in that game than Arnold did. And Rogers was named 1st team All-SEC because of how she performed in conference, which is the deepest in the country. She's gotten the most innings because she's been the best pitcher. Arnold was 1-6 in the SEC. Rogers was 10-3. I'm not sure what your point is. They're pitching against the same opponents.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled for Caylan and I think she's incredibly talented when her head is in the game, but this team would've been in HUGE trouble this season without Ashley, because for long stretches Arnold and Moss didn't get it done. The fact that you're trying to act like her success is from pitching against cupcakes is laughable. I've watched the team all season long, and there's no question who the best pitcher on the staff was this year. Caylan's biggest problem has been keeping the ball in the park, even against lesser teams (she gave up more homers OOC than in SEC play). She's given up the most homers on the staff (16) while Rogers has given up 14 despite almost doubling her amount of innings.

Yes, look at the wins in the beginning of the season. She pitched against lesser teams.FACTS! caylan didn’t get the reps she did. Moss didn’t get the reps either . And yes, I believe the coaches boost numbers to get ALL SEC BLAHHH.

Roders didn’t pitch against A HITTING TEAM LIKE BAMA or LSU. BAMA’s pitcher FOUTS IS THE REAL DEAL. As I said, Rogers is a good pitcher. So what are you saying. My opinion and obviously others too. SO GET OFF ME THATS WHAT IM SAYING, MRS ROGERS!

Yes, look at the wins in the beginning of the season. She pitched against lesser teams.FACTS! caylan didn’t get the reps she did. Moss didn’t get the reps either . And yes, I believe the coaches boost numbers to get ALL SEC BLAHHH.

Roders didn’t pitch against A HITTING TEAM LIKE BAMA or LSU. BAMA’s pitcher FOUTS IS THE REAL DEAL. As I said, Rogers is a good pitcher. So what are you saying. My opinion and obviously others too. SO GET OFF ME THATS WHAT IM SAYING, MRS ROGERS!

LOL ok. Caylan didn't pitch against a hitting team like Bama or LSU, either. So WTF is your point? Do you even have one?

When do these next games start that we play? I missed the announced dates & times.

LOL...........I guess Google is my friend as one poster told me today.

Won't be announced until Monday because of the two regionals still going. But a good chance they start on Thursday because the two supers involving the teams playing tomorrow won't start until Friday. There will be two supers that start Thursday, one east coast, one west coast for TV. The other six start Friday. Tennessee has the shortest distance to travel for a super, so I figure they'll get the early Thursday game and either Washington-Kentucky or Ole Miss-Arizona will be the late game.

Absolute truth spoken in your post.

Yes she is. When her head is in the game she's nearly unstoppable.

You're the one that threw Rogers under the bus in an attempt to make excuses for Arnold, though.
Nope. Arnold is not great. The difference between Arnold and great is around 5 mph.

dang, Blood, you were pulling double-Vol duty this week...way to go keeping the Vol Fires burning....I salute you!

GO LADY VOLS!

And.......just where the heck have you been?? You've been MIA for some important games.
I need you to hang w/me to help power these Vols teams to victory. I've missed your posts.

Won't be announced until Monday because of the two regionals still going. But a good chance they start on Thursday because the two supers involving the teams playing tomorrow won't start until Friday. There will be two supers that start Thursday, one east coast, one west coast for TV. The other six start Friday. Tennessee has the shortest distance to travel for a super, so I figure they'll get the early Thursday game and either Washington-Kentucky or Ole Miss-Arizona will be the late game.

That's great NEWS. Thanks, DeerPark12. We need information so keep it coming. :):)

I do believe that Caylan Arnold had some medical issues in mid-season (allergies, I heard once) which slowed her down, but that is in the past, and she is full-strength, good-to-go now.

CA has had some issues losing focus in the circle, and that's when she usually gives up dingers. If she can focus, she will do great.

I think she's a great pitcher when her head is in the game. But that hasn't been the case far too often the last two seasons.
She is good and sometimes excellent but not great. Monica Abbott is the only great pitcher to ever throw for the Vols. Of course, that's my opinion and always subject to debate.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Caylan reminds me a lot of Ellen Renfroe. She's very good when she's on but when she's off she's really off. There is no in between.

WTBS, Ellen was a two-time AA.

VN Store

Back