Lady Vols Recruiting Info

Green can hit the three consistently so expect when she is in there she will shoot it. I agree the mid-range is a wasted shot either inside 10 or a three.

Green needs to take that strong body and learn how to use it to take it to the hoop...Imagine her with a head of steam coming at you at the low block.

There are drills for this

Reactions: Ladyvol777

Wow! That kind of shooting is going to stretch a defense. Thanks for sharing.[/QUOTE]

Can she play defense? Can she run to court? Can she shoot off the dribble? Can she shoot with a hand in your face while being closed out? Has she been coach to do other things other than staying out there and shoot? You're a whole lot of kids that are grade in practice but only a few who are great in games.... Not taking anything away from this kid but I need a multi Tooler

Reactions: Ladyvol777 and JFP
Wow! That kind of shooting is going to stretch a defense. Thanks for sharing.

Can she play defense? Can she run to court? Can she shoot off the dribble? Can she shoot with a hand in your face while being closed out? Has she been coach to do other things other than staying out there and shoot? You're a whole lot of kids that are grade in practice but only a few who are great in games.... Not taking anything away from this kid but I need a multi Tooler[/QUOTE]

wharever

Wow! That kind of shooting is going to stretch a defense. Thanks for sharing.

Can she play defense? Can she run to court? Can she shoot off the dribble? Can she shoot with a hand in your face while being closed out? Has she been coach to do other things other than staying out there and shoot? You're a whole lot of kids that are grade in practice but only a few who are great in games.... Not taking anything away from this kid but I need a multi Tooler[/QUOTE]

True, she has to be able to defend and run the court. But in today's game if you're not a good enough shooter to draw the defense out to the three-point line, then you're not much good to me.

Can she play defense? Can she run to court? Can she shoot off the dribble? Can she shoot with a hand in your face while being closed out? Has she been coach to do other things other than staying out there and shoot? You're a whole lot of kids that are grade in practice but only a few who are great in games.... Not taking anything away from this kid but I need a multi Tooler

True, she has to be able to defend and run the court. But in today's game if you're not a good enough shooter to draw the defense out to the three-point line, then you're not much good to me.[/QUOTE]

Agreed,,, you have to be versatile.

I push my players to populate the whole statline. Fill it up. a mark in every column. More in some and less in others, but fill it up. . . Play the whole game, not just part of it.

We had a shooter like this one. Last year. KD...Didn't know how to use her.
Built for the hi-lo...More power and moves under the basket than she ever got to show.
Played,,,what?,,,maybe 3-4 minutes a contest. Only got the call to come in and "gun" us back into a game...Sigh

This year, every girl except maybe two, can fly down the court.
If we use these kids right,,,Nothing can keep up with us this year...
All of em six foot or better so you can't set up a mismatch on size...

Perfect Storm II

Reactions: mcannon1
SLEEPER ALERT.....

Esmery Martinez 6’1” forward from Hamilton Heights (2019). Has offers from UCLA, Florida State, Louisville, Mississippi State, and SOUTH CAROLINA! Last year was her first year here with HH. Good Athlete but not highly rated ! She is from the Dominican Republic. Do we need her .... not necessarily. BUT we all know about Treasure Hunt and Camilla Cordosa, (2020) and when South Carolina and Miss. St. Offer ??? I hope those schools don’t start getting players from HH and we are on the outside looking in! 🤔

PRG, "not highly rated" with two highly rated seniors graduating - she may get more touches. what year?

thanks

PRG, "not highly rated" with two highly rated seniors graduating - she may get more touches. what year?

She just came there this year and is a 2019 graduate. Granted that Jasmine and Elizabeth were the seniors this year and don’t forget Treasure and Kamilla are talented also. That being said : she did come in and start on a very talented team. She should get more exposure this year. Plus having offers from South Carolina and Mississippi State ... says volumes about her potential! Just Saying 🤔
thanks

Or her ability to happily keep bench warm. You want ever high school player with tennessee dirt in the soles of her shoes here! Holly knows the coach, very well, if there was any place for her at UT Holly would have been all over her, but the fact she isn't, that the coach couldn't talk her up, or the players we are after enough for us to care, speaks volumes ( holly line). We have her position covered. Mississippi State and South Carolina wish they were in on the recruits we are, and they would both kill to have our ladt 2 classes. We don't need her talents, I hope she has a wonderful college experience where ever she goes. I wouldn't trade one we are after or have, for her...if you can think of one you would, please let us know.

Reactions: Rickster
Or her ability to happily keep bench warm. You want ever high school player with tennessee dirt in the soles of her shoes here! Holly knows the coach, very well, if there was any place for her at UT Holly would have been all over her, but the fact she isn't, that the coach couldn't talk her up, or the players we are after enough for us to care, speaks volumes ( holly line). We have her position covered. Mississippi State and South Carolina wish they were in on the recruits we are, and they would both kill to have our ladt 2 classes. We don't need her talents, I hope she has a wonderful college experience where ever she goes. I wouldn't trade one we are after or have, for her...if you can think of one you would, please let us know.

I cannot think of anyone on our team now or potentially coming that I would want to give for her. I watch Hamilton Heights every year play many games. I know all of their players very well.... I posted in a previous post ... we don’t need her!!! However, I am concerned that Mississippi State or South Carolina might take her and get in on the other recruits we are after. Such as : Treasure Hunt or Kamilla Coradosa. That’s my only concern about the player! I am from Tennessee and keep track of their recruitment. If they go to Vandy or Kentucky, it’s ok with me . Not worried about them. But if Miss. St. Or USC starts getting Tennessee girls and potentially beating us with our in state kids.... that’s another story! Just saying 🤔

Reactions: mcannon1
MTSU: If the rumors of the Ohio girls wanting to play together are true? Is the hope of both coming to UT? Some think both are point guards? I assume Jackson is more of a wing and coming from Detroit... might be a stretch!
Can we get them to pass Louisville and Ohio?

They want to win. That's important. They also want to play, and not wait years to do so. All are looking at playing time and rosters.

I think OSU has a good chance at all three. They can offer more playing time than any school that is recruiting them. I don't see Cooke coming here, but I do like that she is giving Tennessee a look. I've heard Jackson and Horston, and especially their parents, like Tennessee and the coaches very much.

They want to win. That's important. They also want to play, and not wait years to do so. All are looking at playing time and rosters.

I think OSU has a good chance at all three. They can offer more playing time than any school that is recruiting them. I don't see Cooke coming here, but I do like that she is giving Tennessee a look. I've heard Jackson and Horston, and especially their parents, like Tennessee and the coaches very much.

Going into 2019-20 we will be inside heavy.
Harris -Senior
KK. -Junior
Davis. -Junior
Collins-Sophomore
Burrell -Sophomore
Key. -Freshman
Saunders-Freshman

Guards :
Evina and Hayes - Juniors
Jaz and Zay. - Sophomores

Looks like there is time for some good guard play. Especially if we start running with three out? Just saying
What a haul the three would be and another top recruiting class with a chance to play Uconn , Notre Dame , Stanford , and those Texas schools. 🙏

Going into 2019-20 we will be inside heavy.
Harris -Senior
KK. -Junior
Davis. -Junior
Collins-Sophomore
Burrell -Sophomore
Key. -Freshman
Saunders-Freshman

Guards :
Evina and Hayes - Juniors
Jaz and Zay. - Sophomores

Looks like there is time for some good guard play. Especially if we start running with three out? Just saying
What a haul the three would be and another top recruiting class with a chance to play Uconn , Notre Dame , Stanford , and those Texas schools. 🙏

Guards are definitely the priority now that both Key and Saunders have committed. Personally, I think we get Jackson and either Hayes or Rogers. I do think both Horston and Cooke end up at Ohio State.

Reactions: travis929 and PRG
Jackson, Cooke, and Horston are all taking official visits next weekend to Tennessee.

I wish they were visiting on a big football weekend, just to see the atmosphere, but I like that they are all coming together.

Rogers and Hayes are taking officials in October I believe.

Jackson has been here on an unofficial correct? Wasn’t that during a big women’s basketball game (was it Texas it wasn’t she unable to make that one and came on another unofficial)? I know either Jackson or Horston wasn’t able to make it to the game when we played TX last year with that crazy environment and that’s when Amani Bartlett committed. It says a lot when a player comes on their own dime and has built a relationship with coaches. Hopefully in the case of Jackson it pans out😁 also I think we have recruiters like Hayes, Westbrook, and even Massengill seems personable along with Zay green who i have heard is always laughing and loves to dance and have fun.

Reactions: stllvf and mcannon1

VN Store

Back