Lady Vols Offense Obversations in January

stllvf

StlLVF Saw first game in 1976
I write this as my personal observations of the new Lady Vol offense as it has evolved since the beginning of the year and as I believe it is different than previous years. I started this thread to request the observations of others.

• On court offensive spacing is a priority, on court communication is a priority
  • The spacing has prevented the defense packing in the paint, thus the Centers are not triple teamed.
  • Screening is ongoing and directed by the players and the players are not committing moving screens
  • Most noticeable for me is the less athletic mobile power forwards are offensive options 10-12 feet from the basket. Cheridene Green made a parting remark after graduation that she could shoot from outside, something she seldom did while a LV.
  • The three athletic players are able to improvise in driving.
  • The on-court players look for Davis as a primary pass option.
  • The half-court motion offensive is coming along, not fluid yet.
  • In that regard the offense does not have players standing around.

all good

I write this as my personal observations of the new Lady Vol offense as it has evolved since the beginning of the year and as I believe it is different than previous years. I started this thread to request the observations of others.

• On court offensive spacing is a priority, on court communication is a priority
  • The spacing has prevented the defense packing in the paint, thus the Centers are not triple teamed.
  • Screening is ongoing and directed by the players and the players are not committing moving screens
  • Most noticeable for me is the less athletic mobile power forwards are offensive options 10-12 feet from the basket. Cheridene Green made a parting remark after graduation that she could shoot from outside, something she seldom did while a LV.

all good

I like your last statement "offense does not have players standing around." Under Coach Warlick, we more often had a "standing offense" with players not moving about. If our players are on a constant move, then the opponent players will possibly make a mistake opening a scoring opportunity. Given time, Coach Harper will have Tennessee back where it belongs. One immediate need is to substantially improve on "turnovers". The last game with Ole Miss showed substantial improvement; however, Ole Miss did not have a very aggressive defense either.

all good
I remember when we used to be all bunched up on the court last season with three players within five feet of each other and I'd wonder what we were doing. The offense is flowing much better now it has improved dramatically now if only the passing can improve dramatically were on to something.

I remember when we used to be all bunched up on the court last season with three players within five feet of each other and I'd wonder what we were doing. The offense is flowing much better now it has improved dramatically now if only the passing can improve dramatically were on to something.
I agree with you. The one thing that I would like to see with our length is to make it more difficult for the opposing team to get an open three. We run out and stick a hand in their face but most good shooters just shoot over. Put their arms up and that makes them alter their shots. Looks we may be on the right track

I agree with you. The one thing that I would like to see with our length is to make it more difficult for the opposing team to get an open three. We run out and stick a hand in their face but most good shooters just shoot over. Put their arms up and that makes them alter their shots. Looks we may be on the right track
I think think we should definitely take into consideration what type of three point team we are playing and the teams that are good pressure the perimeter more and depend on players like Key to stop the dribble drive if they best our perimeter pressure.

VN Store

Back