Lady Vols News 10-8.. Frontcourt Preview (Nice Read)

Good read but lost credibility with the Dunbar comment. She was never an inside presence. And only occasionally saw playing time. Girl could shoot but for some reason stayed in the doghouse.

Agree.

Also, he said it was going to be a rebuilding year,
later saying that our roster may be even deeper this year...
Which is it?

This team has a lot of unanswered questions tho, especially in the front court.

We kinda knew what Russell and Nared was going to give us each night, this season is a season of unknowns!

All we know, is we have talented young players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyvol777
Good read, I think unfortunately we will struggle in the front court this year. Might be able to defend well, but offensively we don't have any real "weapon" down low.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
We will be more balanced in scoring, but I believe a lot better defensively and rebounding. I loved MR and know we will miss her, but I think we will be more aggressive, tougher, and a little more athletic in the post this season.

Reactions: cutiepie5
I do like our front court size tho!

If they are able to bang, and hit the boards.

They might be fine. But who tho?

I do think, we will shoot the ball better, as a team.

I really feel like the name of our game should be dribble, drive, shoot or dish to our post. We obviously have the firepower in our guards/wings this year. Let them dictate offense and our bigs need to be able to catch a ball. We don't need bigs that can necessarily score at-will this coming year but rather protect the paint and rebound. I believe that we will be on a level playing field (outside of Miss. State) when it comes to SEC and post-play. No other team comes to my mind that will have a dominant post team outside of them. Outside of the SEC, ND, Baylor, Texas, will have an outstanding post game.
I think the writer missed the biggest change that we will have to adapt is how MR at 6'6 altered/deterred MANY shots in the paint. Players were cautious entering the paint when MR was down there. We won't have that this year and our players will also need to remember that their 6'6 backup plan is gone.

Nice, post, yeah we saw that last year, Holly had guard that finally starting to understand the concept of the new four guard offense, get the ball inside.

Yea, I feel our guards will be better at getting to the rim this year and attacking gaps.

I do feel like our bigs this year will play like bigs, most games russell played smaller than her 6'6" size.

And I like that, that this group will be more physical. Green is going to have a solid season.

If Cheridene and Kasi are in good physical condition (high stamina, no nagging injuries) by the time conference play begins, I have a feeling we fans are going to be very pleased with both of them. Arm strength is good with both, and so I look for them to be able to accept high passes inside and to make the vast majority of their close-range shots. Also, Cheridene is a particularly scrappy rebounder -- a huge plus.

Nice, post, yeah we saw that last year, Holly had guard that finally starting to understand the concept of the new four guard offense, get the ball inside.

Yea, I feel our guards will be better at getting to the rim this year and attacking gaps.

I do feel like our bigs this year will play like bigs, most games russell played smaller than her 6'6" size.

And I like that, that this group will be more physical. Green is going to have a solid season.

As long as our bigs don’t bring the ball down to the munchkins and let them take the ball away from them!!!! Watching four to five years of a 6’6” baby huey get pushed around by the other teams midgets was painful to watch. I so want to see a player from the other team being helped down from the fourth row bleachers after they TRIED to shoot a layup! 😈

As long as our bigs don’t bring the ball down to the munchkins and let them take the ball away from them!!!! Watching four to five years of a 6’6” baby huey get pushed around by the other teams midgets was painful to watch. I so want to see a player from the other team being helped down from the fourth row bleachers after they TRIED to shoot a layup! 😈[/

Now you're talkin. Initialize the Jordan rules. Someone comes in the paint , that someone hits the floor. It's not cheating, it's protecting your space, your paint, your house! I'm not a proponent of bending or cheating the rules but I am definitely a proponent iprotect in your house, your paint. Give me one hard foul over three or four soft fouls

I don't know who will be the starters KK has as good a shot as anyone inside. The way Holly talked about her development over the summer I would think the 6"4" sophomore would have a great shot at being the center for this team.
Dunbar as a post player makes me think he didn't watch a lot of Lady Vol basketball last season.

I've thought a lot about who the starters may be and I am certain that Davis, Westbrooks, Jackson, will be on the floor. The other two slots I think are open to being decided in practice that is going on right now. Regardless of who starts I feel really good about a lot of playing time for Green, Brown, KK, Massengill, and the other Green. I also really like Burrell a very underrated play IMO. Collins and Harris have the hardest task of playing because of the number of players that seem to be ahead of them inside.

Reactions: RollerVol
just another rebuilding year...:)...and,

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind of felt like an article written by someone who read a few articles on the Lady Vols and decided to write one himself rather than an informative article written by someone who actually follows the team.

Reactions: Ladyvolfan4ever
I don't know who will be the starters KK has as good a shot as anyone inside. The way Holly talked about her development over the summer I would think the 6"4" sophomore would have a great shot at being the center for this team.
Dunbar as a post player makes me think he didn't watch a lot of Lady Vol basketball last season.

I've thought a lot about who the starters may be and I am certain that Davis, Westbrooks, Jackson, will be on the floor. The other two slots I think are open to being decided in practice that is going on right now. Regardless of who starts I feel really good about a lot of playing time for Green, Brown, KK, Massengill, and the other Green. I also really like Burrell a very underrated play IMO. Collins and Harris have the hardest task of playing because of the number of players that seem to be ahead of them inside.

You have a point if Collins and Harris have the hardest task of playing this year then next might be a problem to.

You have a point if Collins and Harris have the hardest task of playing this year then next might be a problem to.
Totally agree but i think at this point Harris has accepted her role. Collins could play a big role next year with Brown and Green gone. She should have the edge over the freshmen although I expect Key to be a fabulous player from day one.

If they defend and rebound, for the most part, our bigs should be fine.

I wouldn't call it a rebuilding year, more like a BUILDING year, laying a new foundation.

Totally agree but i think at this point Harris has accepted her role. Collins could play a big role next year with Brown and Green gone. She should have the edge over the freshmen although I expect Key to be a fabulous player from day one.

I agree with you on Key and Harris also i`m looking forward to see what Harris can bring to the table this year. I forgot Emily Saunders 6-4 will be in the mix for playing time to,

Reactions: Ladyvol777
Has Harrods got hey roll

Dang voice text

Has Harris got a role?

Last edited:
I agree with many of you that we will be lacking that steady offense downlow with Mercedes gone.
I am really anxious and curious to see if KK has rounded into shape. I recall many times last year she would be out of breath after a few minutes into the game. I have to say I do love how she likes to bang downlow. Miss Green I am excited for her to be healthy and will probably be a big contributor on the team. She hustles, gets rebounds. I just love her game.

My starting 5 (2 different ones)
-Wesbtrook -Jackson
-Davis -Green -KK

Or we got smaller and faster.
-Westbrook -Jackson
-Zay Green -Davis -C Green

I agree with many of you that we will be lacking that steady offense downlow with Mercedes gone.
I am really anxious and curious to see if KK has rounded into shape. I recall many times last year she would be out of breath after a few minutes into the game. I have to say I do love how she likes to bang downlow. Miss Green I am excited for her to be healthy and will probably be a big contributor on the team. She hustles, gets rebounds. I just love her game.

My starting 5 (2 different ones)
-Wesbtrook -Jackson
-Davis -Green -KK

Or we got smaller and faster.
-Westbrook -Jackson
-Zay Green -Davis -C Green

I'll go with the smaller faster version initially. I've got to say kk play play before I can make a decision. I think I'm anticipating watching c green on the court the most. I think I know what to expect from the guard play. But it's been awhile since I've a situation where a power forward could Patrol the paint. I think after green gets more comfortable on the floor for a little while she'll be a little harder to move then Mercedes was

VN Store

Back