Lady Vols' NCAA Run Ends in Elite Eight

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Tennessee lost its first-ever game to Notre Dame, 73-59, and fell one game shy of the Final Four on Monday night.

More...

Simmons got in trouble way to early....played like an reckless redneck trucker rushing everything....and when she went out....the girls looked like they didn't have the same energy....IMO the Ohio St. game took its toal on the ladies....they were flat.

The Lady Vols gave it their best but they fell short, and I really don't blame the girls nor Coach Summitt. They've represented TN well. In a way I kinda sorta blame all the pressure of trying to play well while at the same time avoiding the "Pearl" drama spotlight which wasn't an easy feat. Either way, Kudos ladies. :clapping:

Horrible first half shooting was too much to overcome. Gonna miss the seniors. Can't wait for the start of the next season.

Ok....not sure why this matters but what in the world is Pat thinking wearing green tonight instead of orange? Hello?!!! I think the fighting Irish wear green!!!!

Could be something that simple that makes the difference.

I know that Pat has a rule that you sit for the rest of the first half after you commit your second foul. That rule has served her well all season and kept us from experiencing a lot of late game foul trouble. But tonight, I think Pat needed to recognize that sitting Speedy for the final 16 minutes of the first half wasn't what was best for the team. She needed to understand that this situation was bigger than her rule and demonstrate some flexibility. I think the fact that Speedy was out almost the entire first half and never got in rhythm in the second half cost us the game. That, and very poor shot selection.

All that having been said, it was a great season for the Lady Vols. And even in this final game, I was proud of them for never, ever, quitting.

Ok....not sure why this matters but what in the world is Pat thinking wearing green tonight instead of orange? Hello?!!! I think the fighting Irish wear green!!!!

Could be something that simple that makes the difference.

I know it's a small thing, but that same thought occurred to me. :) I wondered if it was simply a coincidence or intended as some "different" type of motivation. At any rate, I would have preferred to see a little bit of orange. But I don't think it really influenced the outcome of the game.

VN Store

Back