Lady Vols - National Anthem

So you dismiss them all without hearing them?

What they want and what they "think they will change" are two completely different things.

Of course, their opinions will vary. There are good reasons for doing things and bad reasons for doing the same things. You're talking about millions of people who want CJS reform, which is a complicated area of government. Expecting protesters to have a uniform message is just silly.

Expecting a bunch of college aged athletes to explain why they knelt over the disturbance at the Capitol is certainly a question that requires an answer.

And no, I don't dismiss them. But chances are, this old fool won't be able to make a dent in their thinking because I knew more than those old people at that age as well. Read both my posts on the matter instead of just the response to Ras's question.

Regardless, you ask the question of "why" and the natural follow up is "what will this change." Again, my original post outlined the matter of looking back down the road and knowing the actions they took now are more divisive than helping matters.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Did the lady vols stay in locker room for the National Anthem last game? If so, I'm done.
You don't know? Obviously, you haven't been paying attention to them anyways if you are asking this question. Just looking for an excuse to virtue signal.

Did the lady vols stay in locker room for the National Anthem last game? If so, I'm done.

I've been done before this possible reason because the program sucks. This would just add to why the days of a great program is gone. Small minded players.

Our ponies have to perform for us exactly how we want them to or they'll be sent to the glue factory.

I've been done before this possible reason because the program sucks. This would just add to why the days of a great program is gone. Small minded players.
This has been one of my issues with the kneeling. Prior to the start of a contest, players are more focused on making a political statement than preparing for competition. Then you put your teammates in a situation where they have to decide if they want to support a teammate.
I actually agree with leaving the team in the locker room in support of team unity.

I stand by what I stated earlier about the state of this program. The Lady Vols are a mid-tier SEC program with no signs of improving in the near future through recruiting. Further, I will state that the Lady Vols upset me last year when they injected the woke and historically inaccurate CRT politics into the game of basketball. They have a right to have an opinion I do not agree with; however, when they do it wearing a UT uniform at a sporting event representing UT, they cross the line. I do not need to pay good money, on my time, to listen to or see their political opinions. If they want to be ignorant they have a right, just do it on their time, not mine.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I stand by what I stated earlier about the state of this program. The Lady Vols are a mid-tier SEC program with no signs of improving in the near future through recruiting. Further, I will state that the Lady Vols upset me last year when they injected the woke and historically inaccurate CRT politics into the game of basketball. They have a right to have an opinion I do not agree with; however, when they do it wearing a UT uniform at a sporting event representing UT, they cross the line. I do not need to pay good money, on my time, to listen to or see their political opinions. If they want to be ignorant they have a right, just do it on their time, not mine.

You’re the ignorant one and they don’t need your “support”. Adios amigo!

Reactions: ChattyVolfan

So they are gladiators for your amusement, nothing more?

Are you watching games for the feelz?
Had a lefty making a similar argument about NFL players. Suggested because I paid attention to the sport, I should care about the players opinions.

Nonsense. I respect their right to have opinions, but I’m tuning in because they are phenomenal at their trade, not to hear their thoughts on economics, politics, parenting etc.

My wife’s a medical doctor. Not once has she told me a patient came to see her and asked about foreign policy positions. She’s a medical doctor! People seek her medical opinions.

It’s a good business decision for them. Playing along in a mob-mentality society has its benefits.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Are you watching games for the feelz?

Actually, to support future fellow alumni of my Alma Mater and to be reminded of the good times I got to have thanks to their success while I was an undergrad.

I don't care about their politics. And that's why I'm not upset about it.

Actually, to support future fellow alumni of my Alma Mater and to be reminded of the good times I got to have thanks to their success while I was an undergrad.

I don't care about their politics. And that's why I'm not upset about it.

You're not watching if they are not entertaining you and helping to get your mind off the hustle and bustle of problems you face when you leave the game. When MSM propagate this as a systemic threat and you think I'm turning it off because it's over the top, then you go to the game and the players parakeet the sensationalism it's a little tired.

It’s a good business decision for them. Playing along in a mob-mentality society has its benefits.

SJW is a good playing job if you get the right morons. I mean look at blm. If the white marxists in the organization has probably skimmed off the top and done well for themselves.

Look at race hustler Ben Crump. He's like a tornado chaser. People all over want to know his secret. He has Sharpton.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
So they are gladiators for your amusement, nothing more?
No they are athletes who I pay to watch play Basketball while they represent the University of Tennessee! Gladiators, good grief! Amusement no I like to watch competition!

Had a lefty making a similar argument about NFL players. Suggested because I paid attention to the sport, I should care about the players opinions.

Nonsense. I respect their right to have opinions, but I’m tuning in because they are phenomenal at their trade, not to hear their thoughts on economics, politics, parenting etc.

My wife’s a medical doctor. Not once has she told me a patient came to see her and asked about foreign policy positions. She’s a medical doctor! People seek her medical opinions.
Is anyone sticking a microphone in her face asking her opinion on TV? That's the difference.

Is anyone sticking a microphone in her face asking her opinion on TV? That's the difference.
You must have missed the part where I stated they can have opinions. They can have them, they can celebrate them, they can write them on a big grand sign and carry it around with them. My point was, why should I care? I am not tuning in to hear their opinions.

You do make a valid point about them constantly being asked their opinions on these topics. The media just wants to leverage the athletes agreement to further the liberal agenda, or attack the athlete if they disagree with the liberal agenda. However, I would advise them the same way I would advise my wife if someone stuck a microphone in her face and asked about these matters “I’m at work and this is not my expertise”.

Our ponies have to perform for us exactly how we want them to or they'll be sent to the glue factory.
As a taxpayer funded institution, official representatives of said institution should NOT be wading into political debates. PERIOD. And make no mistake, this is 100% political, even if the players are too naive to understand that.

VN Store

Back