Lady Vols - National Anthem

Where do you live California ???
No I'm likely further south than you but I'm unsure why that's relevant. Are there different rules for different places? I lived in many states including TN but never realized that

At this point, your local school coach would lock arms with the "math is racist" people. Their salaries are large and worth protecting. The idea they are mentoring and doing what is best for these kids, is a joke. This is how you see poor parenting now, go along with whatever makes the kid feel good.

I agree, P5 revenue producing programs aren't preparing young adults for life after college anymore because coaches and the athletic programs as a whole have to much at risk.

Reactions: allvol123
I don't like it when people kneel or make other "protest" gestures during the anthem but they have the right to do it. If the coach or school decided that "nope we're not going to allow it" then they have the right to do that also. They won't because of it's impact on recruiting but I'd support any school that did.
Plowman has already showed how gutless she is with 4 year old videos and butthurt teenagers.

Reactions: GSD82 and allvol123
I haven't weighed in on this one, but it has less to do with "Muh flag!" and "Muh country!" then it is nothing more an attention whore move.

Many/most of those athletes at the college would never have such a chance to get a free education and do something they love (playing ball) if it wasn't for this utterly racist country.

Most of those that go on to the professional level wouldn't have the opportunities to make piles of cash if it wasn't for this utterly racist country.

Many/most that don't go onto the professional level now have a degree (though sometimes worthless) they can put to use. And furthermore, the exposure they got while playing for a major university can (and often does) translate into job opportunities.

It's a respect thing for the nation and the perspective of that they lack. We have problems, sure and nobody is going to ever argue against that. But kneeling during the national has not and will never do anything more than cause more division. And furthermore, it's nothing more than a pure attention whore move when Kap started it years ago. That single act has done nothing more than draw attention to himself and did nothing to solve any problems. Still hasn't except to divide the country even further with those silly antics.

Sit, stand, kneel, flop around on the ground like you've been electrocuted, doesn't matter. Eventually, they'll look back at what they did and think "wow, that was really stupid to do."
You guys turned Kaepernick into a martyr with the way the right over-reacted to something that was happening on the sidelines... before a game.

Ignoring it would have been the best move, in retrospect. But instead, it still looks like we have some snowflakes on the right that want to virtue signal about how big of a patriot they are...

Reactions: Sandman 423
Last edited:
Reactions: Sandman 423
You guys turned Kaepernick into a martyr with the way the right over-reacted to something that was happening on the sidelines... before a game.

Ignoring it would have been the best move, in retrospect. But instead, it still looks like we have some snowflakes on the right that want to virtue signal about how big of a patriot they are...
ESPN is the ones that fan the fires on this stuff and constantly for that matter

In this case, and others like it, the act of "taking a knee" is an empty gesture that serves no purpose other than to say "Look at me." And thus the underlying message, and cause, is completely drowned out by the resulting and ongoing debate. If you really want to make a change, get off your knees, get off your ass, and go do something.

Or not. After all, it can be dangerous when you walk off the court, or field, and take a walk in those areas you claim to be so concerned about.....

I agree with this sentiment. The difference is that I'm not out here virtue signaling about how big of a patriot I am or trying to condemn these young people from doing this.

It is amazing to me how grown adults can get their panties twisted in a knot over a flag and/or a mask.

Ignoring something makes it better? Ever raise kids?

And far too many on the right take the bait.
The right has the same ability to be disgusted with bad behavior as the left. Things that disgust us are rooted in decorum. Change is not something we like when it comes to pc and hypocrisy. Some of us are able to be disgusted and not riot.

Reactions: dovervolz
Ignoring something makes it better? Ever raise kids?
Ignoring this would have been wise.

If you are raising kids and one of the biggest things that has you concerned is who stands or kneels for a flag before a game, then your priorities may not be correctly aligned. There are FAR bigger issues that would have me worried right now.

View attachment 354117
I wonder how the lone Lady Vol not kneeling has been treated by her teammates?

I wouldn’t know how she is treated, but she is a very courageous young lady to stand there. Peer pressure is overwhelming at times. Much credit is due to her. I respect their right to kneel, but I don’t understand it. Not sure how the kneeling is really changing anything, just in a way dividing more people. Yes I am an older man from a different generation if that has anything to do with it.

Reactions: 508mikey
The right has the same ability to be disgusted with bad behavior as the left. Things that disgust us are rooted in decorum. Change is not something we like when it comes to pc and hypocrisy. Some of us are able to be disgusted and not riot.
Disgusted? Really? This disgusts you?

Again, we are talking about a pregame activity that 90% of the time isn't even broadcasted. Plus, someone taking a knee before a game has far less impact on me than some liberal coming out here trying to force a mask or a vaccine on me.

I wouldn’t know how she is treated, but she is a very courageous young lady to stand there. Peer pressure is overwhelming at times. Much credit is due to her. I respect their right to kneel, but I don’t understand it. Not sure how the kneeling is really changing anything, just in a way dividing more people. Yes I am an older man from a different generation if that has anything to do with it.
It was intended to try to get an emotional response from the snowflakes on the right and they succeeded, unfortunately.

Ignoring this would have been wise.

If you are raising kids and one of the biggest things that has you concerned is who stands or kneels for a flag before a game, then your priorities may not be correctly aligned. There are FAR bigger issues that would have me worried right now.
If you ignore the little things you will certainly fail at correcting the bigger issues.

Disgusted? Really? This disgusts you?

Again, we are talking about a pregame activity that 90% of the time isn't even broadcasted. Plus, someone taking a knee before a game has far less impact on me than some liberal coming out here trying to force a mask or a vaccine on me.
It kinda does. I guess because Im a war buff and see the sacrifices of our veterans. Maybe I take it to personally.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce

VN Store

Back