Lady Vols Make the Cut at USA Trials

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Five players representing the Tennessee Lady Vols made the cut at the USA Basketball Team Trials on Wednesday.

More...

Simmons got cut but whats really scary is burdick and massengale did make it! i cant imagine simmons not making it, she can go on a twenty point explosion at any time...must be her ball handling and decision making... if burdick and massengale are indeed better than her, we will be scary good in a couple years, maybe this one!

I don't know if anyone else remembers the #1 consensus highschool player from 2008, Ella Della Donne (sp). She left Uconn after only being there for a couple days saying she had no passion for the sport.

Its weird shes now making the cut for these USA trials from the University of Delaware. Wonder what happened....I guess she couldn't handle the pressure of being at the top or something...?

Just thought that was interesting.

i didnt notice that but yeah i remember her

I don't know if anyone else remembers the #1 consensus highschool player from 2008, Ella Della Donne (sp). She left Uconn after only being there for a couple days saying she had no passion for the sport.

Its weird shes now making the cut for these USA trials from the University of Delaware. Wonder what happened....I guess she couldn't handle the pressure of being at the top or something...?

Just thought that was interesting.

ESPN did a big piece on it some time ago... I am sure you could find it...part of it was burnout, part of it had to do with proximity to her disabled sister. She actually played Volleyball for a while at Deleware and was pretty good IIRC.

VN Store

Back