LADY Vols Logo & COLORS

... or lose to Alabama again!!!

BTW, if CKH does a BBB (bring back blue), then I demand Barnes do it for the men's too in throwback to the 80s fashion!
Its called SUMMITT Blue, for a reason. Its all the Lady's sports color … . the men seems stuck on that butt ugly gray

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I hope Kellie puts the LADY VOLS LOGO back on the front of the uniforms, and adds the Summit Blue.
Nike n Hartess did everything to erase out tradition.
We are LADY VOLS
Pat's teams through the mid to late 2000s didn't have the lady vols logo on the front of the uniform. It just said Tennessee, I really wish everyone would stop this bs made up battle between the men and women. Stop with the separate but equal bs

Reactions: DonDiego
I hope Kellie puts the LADY VOLS LOGO back on the front of the uniforms, and adds the Summit Blue.
Nike n Hartess did everything to erase out tradition.
We are LADY VOLS

I seem to remember there was a movement by the Athletic Dept. to "merge" the "Lady" into just Vols. I think it would take more than "Coach K" to make the change back. Along these lines, if it is to be done, let's wait until the team plays up to the standard of "Lady Vols" before returning to this tradition.

I seem to remember there was a movement by the Athletic Dept. to "merge" the "Lady" into just Vols. I think it would take more than "Coach K" to make the change back. Along these lines, if it is to be done, let's wait until the team plays up to the standard of "Lady Vols" before returning to this tradition.
The women's basketball program never lost the lady vols name and John Currie reversed the Dave Hart merger. It is now up to individual teams if they want to be referred to as lady vols or just vols.

Tennessee AD John Currie announces that the Lady Vols brand will return

Not a shot at you Savannah but others in this thread should get facts together before starting the fake rage bs.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Tell me why?

I’m not TF2019, but I certainly have an opinion about this, because I agree with him on wishing there were, once again, separate ADs for men’s and women’s sports at UT.

The last couple of weeks have illustrated this very well. While I’m happy with how the search eventually turned out, I can’t help but wonder if Fulmer’s attention was more powerfully attuned to Rick Barnes and the UCLA situation than it was to the Lady Vols.

In two simultaneous events such as what Phil had the responsibility to settle in the last three weeks, it is painfully obvious that he couldn’t possibly have lent his undivided attention to either personnel matter, so one or the other had to come in second. Guess which responsibilities were more likely to have been heavily delegated to others?

Back when Joan Cronan was women’s AD she never had to make those types of judgements. She could give 100% of her attention to women’s sports and not have to ever push them aside because the bigger-monied men’s sports demanded full attention at any given time.

I guarantee you that NO athletic director gives women’s sports an equal amount of their time and attention, but that level of 100% attention to both actually used to be the norm at UT, which is what separated the Lady Vols from everyone else for decades.

We’ll never see those halcyon days again, of course, but it sure was nice while it lasted.

VN Store

Back