Lady Vols hit the Court first day of practice.

If Tamari has worked in her foot positioning to play good D i’ll worry less about it. i think we all know KK is going in there to put a body on someone and even she looked slimmer. I think TKs big thing will be not giving into fatigue and hauling tail down the court to where other opponents out. I am excited to watch her growth!

Good points....Poor conditioning is the enemy of all athletes.

Random comment here. I wish Kellie would immediately begin a “run 5 suicides for every layup shot with the wrong hand” system to break everyone from doing that. If a player is driving toward the left side of the basket, they’d darn well better shoot the layup with their left hand. If they’d do that they’d be far less likely to be blocked, and far MORE likely to be able to make the shot even if there’s contact on the inside.

Random comment here. I wish Kellie would immediately begin a “run 5 suicides for every layup shot with the wrong hand” system to break everyone from doing that. If a player is driving toward the left side of the basket, they’d darn well better shoot the layup with their left hand. If they’d do that they’d be far less likely to be blocked, and far MORE likely to be able to make the shot even if there’s contact on the inside.

Even suicides for missing a lay up would be a good way to improve their lay up proficiency.....We miss at least a half dozen, or more, a game.

She looks a lot quicker on video compared to last year. She also looks more physically fit and trim. So yes she looks much quicker on video that last season.
I guess we will just disagree. Burrell’s strength last year to me was her quickness and fitness. She looks trimmer to you? And slimmer and she would disappear...lol.

Her quickness and fitness wasn’t the problem, it was her decision making, so hopefully her mind is what is quicker.

Reactions: Chippo
She looks a lot quicker on video compared to last year. She also looks more physically fit and trim. So yes she looks much quicker on video that last season.

Agree with video but premise is hard to prove . Last year she was only one except Jordan that could get a loose ball ! This year with a new point guard and a few freshmen there might be some quick players that might get to a loose ball before the other team ? It was hard to see a rebound go over heads and the other team would run down the ball every time or a ball knocked loose and we just couldn’t get to it .....

Forgot about Green (new big). She maybe quick ? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I guess we will just disagree. Burrell’s strength last year to me was her quickness and fitness. She looks trimmer to you? And slimmer and she would disappear...lol.

Her quickness and fitness wasn’t the problem, it was her decision making, so hopefully her mind is what is quicker.

I don’t see Rae as slim but a stout build ... This allows her to bang inside and be strong enough to get shot off in traffic ! Love this girl ! I remember the video of her and others lifting weights and strength training in garage off season . This is a true athletic woman ! JMO

Probably a lot better statement would be a lot less body fat than the year before . All that weight lifting she did over the summer has really made her look physically strong and JMO more athletic build. I thought she was moving a lot better with the ball than last year but of course no problem with anyone disagreeing that is what we do the most here.

We've got 5 new players, plus 3 others who didn't see much game time last year. A big part of our success will depend on how well they can play together, not individual conditioning or talent. And avoiding the injury/illness scenario when there's a pandemic and conditioning may not be optimal. JMO.

Probably a lot better statement would be a lot less body fat than the year before . All that weight lifting she did over the summer has really made her look physically strong and JMO more athletic build. I thought she was moving a lot better with the ball than last year but of course no problem with anyone disagreeing that is what we do the most here.
I like disagreeing...lol.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Even suicides for missing a lay up would be a good way to improve their lay up proficiency.....We miss at least a half dozen, or more, a game.
Many games they miss over half of their lay up attempts. They seldom use the board on their shots within 5 feet of the rim.

Burrell looks awesome and the quickness she showed in the video is much faster than she ever was last season. Key hasn't bulked much hopefully she has learned a lot about playing in the post I still wonder how she is going to handle the bulky centers in the league. KK also looks a little quicker and slimmer hopefully she can give us a big season. Horston has certainly matured body wise a lot thicker and hopefully stronger. I like little Walker a player we've been needing for a long time. I really like what I see out of Green she looks SEC ready to me. Suarez looks a little overweight probably needs to drop about 10 to 15 pounds. Salary looks like a player that will be in the rotation. Saunders looks again to be limited in playing time. She looks stronger but still a little slow of foot.

I don't think we'll play four inside players that much looks like Key, KK, and Green will handle most of the minutes in there. I guess Walker and Horston at the point with Horston probably also playing some two guard. Burrell looks like the starting two to me and Davis at the three. I think Salary makes the rotation which makes 8 players and then have no idea after that. I guess Renne may get a few minutes maybe Suarez. I didn't see Darby and McCoy. Hopefully UT will release more practice videos and maybe even a schedule in the next couple of weeks.
From what I’ve heard, Darby has been out w/ an undisclosed injury. Not sure how serious considering she was in the beginning of the video standing by Saunders. May be cautionary.

I saw McCoy quite a bit in the longer video... looked good IMO

Many games they miss over half of their lay up attempts. They seldom use the board on their shots within 5 feet of the rim.
200w.gif

It seems like use of the backboard has become a lost art.

Slew footed bigs and athletic guards. We need an Athletic big like yesterday ! If only we could have gotten the other key ugh

Kellie's most devastating recruiting loss by far. We're having completely different conversations right now about Harper as a recruiter and the future of the program if she would have committed...

Kellie's most devastating recruiting loss by far. We're having completely different conversations right now about Harper as a recruiter and the future of the program if she would have committed...
200.gif

I'd have to go back and read some of your posts but I seem to recollect your opinion of our recruiting was not very good before Key committed elsewhere, like way before. If I'm wrong, I apologize but I have to wonder if you would have been swayed to the orange vision side simply by the signing of Key. You seemed pretty set that our recruiting has been a failure since Kellie was hired and had to pretty much start from scratch.

200.gif

I'd have to go back and read some of your posts but I seem to recollect your opinion of our recruiting was not very good before Key committed elsewhere, like way before. If I'm wrong, I apologize but I have to wonder if you would have been swayed to the orange vision side simply by the signing of Key. You seemed pretty set that our recruiting has been a failure since Kellie was hired and had to pretty much start from scratch.

I was consistently adamant that the success (or failure) of this class depended on Key. Kellie got a couple of nice role players, but Key was supposed to be the centerpiece...

200.gif

The player the LVs don't get is always the savior upon which Kellie's fate depends and whose lack of a signing ensures Kellie's imminent demise; in contrast, any player that Kellie signs is, by definition, inadequate or terribly over rated. Had Kellie signed Key, well she would not have been "all that".

Last edited:
Couple a things

1. Making judgements from a 5 minute video without clear volume is hard, and I caution anyone who's doing so. Granted that, I will say that our Graduate transfers appear to be impressive. I think the biggest challenge again this season is going to be consistent effort, efficiency, and seamless transition during rotations on the bench. I think Suarez, Salary, and the Graduate Transfers are definitely going to help with that.

2. I really hope they're working on building Emily S into the type of player that Emily Gartner was at MOState for Coach KH. Big post presence, with range. I think I remember their offense running with the post coming up to the top of the key and then working from there. Idk, memory's a little fuzzy. That sweet 16 runs seemed ages ago.

3. I WANT A PAIR OF THEM SHORTS

Loving the energy by Salary she looks like shes going to play hard on both ends. Jordan could be the sleeper she seems poised for a PG . Hopefully it all translates to the game !

this was my favorite part for those who dont know what this means its slang for "we are ready for a challenge" when Kasi asked Destiny what she was looking forward too
ezgif.com-gif-maker (9).gif

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
this was my favorite part for those who dont know what this means its slang for "we are ready for a challenge" when Kasi asked Destiny what she was looking forward too
View attachment 315826
Yes they both seem very confident and i love it . Kellie may have struck gold by bringing in a GT PG . Someone who has been there before and can hopefully handle the pressure at on the big stage ! Im for one am more impressed then what i thought this team would look like so far. Not making a judgement yet though !

VN Store

Back