Lady Vols Fall to Kentucky, 66-56, in Lexington

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The Lady Vols dropped their second straight game, this one a SEC road game to Kentucky, 66-56, to fall to 18-8 on the year.

More...

It's UK's first win against the Lady Vols in Memorial Colisseum since 1986. UK's win in 2006 was in Rupp Arena.

nice win for uk. they're just like everybody else this year though, they're gettin' us while we're down. enjoy it while you can.....

Last edited:
I have never said this sentence in all my life, and never did plan on saying it.

Mickey Dearstone is right about this team. If Pat Summitt gets this team tournament ready, it will be the greatest coaching job in all her career.

Although, the 1997 team had 10 losses going into the tournament.

I have never said this sentence in all my life, and never did plan on saying it.

Mickey Dearstone is right about this team. If Pat Summitt gets this team tournament ready, it will be the greatest coaching job in all her career.

Although, the 1997 team had 10 losses going into the tournament.
He's definitely right about that, go back and watch any two minute segment part of this game ,Have you ever seen any team in your life,play anymore flatfooted ?

18-8 record with Miss State, LSU, and Vandy left on schedule.

Seems like whole team has hit a wall expect for Fuller and Cain.

Afterward, women’s basketball all-time winningest coach Pat Summitt blasted her young team for lack of effort.

“In 35 years coaching, this probably has been the least energy of any team I’ve coached,” Summitt said. “I’m not good at coaching effort. It was a total lack of passion. I don’t know that you can teach that to a player.”
Kentucky stuns No. 13 Tennessee, 66-56 - College Women's Basketball

VN Store

Back