Lady Vols Drop Top-10 Showdown with Auburn, 82-68

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Freshman Shekinna Stricklen scored 26 points but it wasn't enough as the No. 10/12 Lady Vols dropped a Top-10 showdown with No. 6/5 Auburn on the road, 82-68.

More...

I saw Allie Smalley play for the first time as a frosh. A friend mentioned that she might be good enough to play for UT. I told him she was good, but she wasn't good enough to play for someone like UT; I guess I was wrong.

The Vols are weak at guard--that is the big problem with this team. I think the Vols had 24 turnovers, and no fast-break points.

I just got back from Auburn. It was the largest crowd at an Auburn game for men or women, with the current configuration of the building. I have to say I got tired of watching Bonner pick off passes and getting layups. We played 4 on 5 most of the time on defense because Bass can't stop anybody and the can just pass right over her. It's almost like she's not there. You would think she could get a steal every once in a while. Turnovers killed us in this game. The best thing I can say is it's not March yet.

This team is still really bad on defense and not taking care of the ball...

Shekinna had 26 points and Glory finished with a double double 13 points, 10 boards. Not much from anyone else, Angie had a bad game...

Still have to play Oklahoma, Duke, Florida, LSU, and Vandy again...

Last edited:
Shekinna Stricklen, Glory Johnson
t55cgk.jpg
2ylwlcn.jpg

VN Store

Back