Lady Vols Drop SEC Road Opener to Vanderbilt, 74-58

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The Tennessee Lady Vols dropped the SEC road opener to Vanderbilt, 74-58, ending UT's 16 game winning streak over the Commodores.

More...

I was going to make the game at Auburn if she were at 999 wins, so this is disapppointing.

I'm a student at vandy and went to the game. Believe me when I say that no one could have beat the dores tonight. They couldn't miss. And foul trouble definitely hurt the lady vols.

I was there at the game. The Lady Vols did not hustle at all. It looked like they were standing around watching. The only excitement came from players wearing white shirts. We have some of the best talent (they showed it when I saw them play Stanford), but without hustle, it's nothing.

There just young and have trouble on the road once they get over this hurdle and get Baugh back they will be ok...I like fuller and all but she is no Baugh

The Vols have a problem at guard. With McMahan gone--gutsy girl, I'm sorry her career is over but she was not going to be a great player--the LV's have ONE true guard, a 5'4 freshman named Bass. Why is Summitt never able to recruit a really good, true PG? To her credit, she's overcomes this deficiency--she had another little one at PG last year who played well enough to help the team win a national title, though she was far from great and the team's strength by far was Parker and its inside players. Summitt can never seem to find or recruit a guard like Sue Bird--the former uconn PG who was good and savvy and athletic and decent size, a very good all-around player. I'm not sure why this is--overall, we recruit better than anybody, and there are a number of good PGs around the country every year, but Summitt does not get them.

VN Store

Back