Lady Vols All Time Starting 5 !!

creekdipper

I think you have a different sort of list in mind... but I would have Kortney Dunbar over Cait McMahan. Also, Lisa Harrison turned down an offer to pose nude for Playboy.
Wise choice from classy Lisa.

There were way too many lovely Lady Vols from which to choose, but I tried to kind of go with a more-or-less traditional 5-position lineup.

Cait got the nod because she's just so dang cute!

Memvol44

The only way any of these "all-time greatest" lists can work is if we consider each player for what she was to her program and the game IN HER TIME. If we attempt to compare today's players to those from decades ago by Imagining how they'd fare going against each other head-to-head, then there would be no comparison. Today's top players would mop the floor with those from earlier decades because they are bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic, better trained, better fed, better equipped and, for the most part, better coached. Also, most of today's best players became serious about basketball earlier in their lives than did players in the distant past.

It is incredibly difficult to judge past players' talents and impact on the game "in their time" when lots of people rarely (if ever) saw any of them play, but there really were lots of players who were just as spectacular to the level that was possible at that time to be, and so I do always enjoy seeing some of the names from the distant past show up on these things. I don't know whether Holly belongs on the list or not. I do know that she would ride the bench if she came to UT today with her exact same skill-set that she had in 1976 -- but that's totally irrelevant. IN HER TIME, she was considered an Olympic-level point guard and was the first Lady Vol to have been so respected that her jersey was retired.

The only two I am 100% confident belong on anyone's list are Chamique and Candace. Everyone else is us for discussion. :D
Gotta have Catch. She played "D" with desire!!

I know Mercedes Russell is not one of the greatest Lady Vols but, Tennessee fans should feel good about the way she has been playing in the WNBA finals. I believe if she had better coaching in college she would be a starter in the League and would have reached her potential. I am pulling for her and hope she continues to improve. She has improved quite a bit from her rookie season to now, imo. Just saying.

I know Mercedes Russell is not one of the greatest Lady Vols but, Tennessee fans should feel good about the way she has been playing in the WNBA finals. I believe if she had better coaching in college she would be a starter in the League and would have reached her potential. I am pulling for her and hope she continues to improve. She has improved quite a bit from her rookie season to now, imo. Just saying.
You see what I see

VN Store

Sponsors