Lady Volleyballers finish 19th in final AVCA poll!

StrangeVol

In case you missed it here's the write up on the final poll and where our girls rank in terms of program accomplishment: Volleyball

Also I wanted to mention that we may have gotten a transfer from North Carolina by the name of Ava Bell who was a freshman this season. I say "may" because I've been unable to confirm the transfer that was talked about in this post from another thread. The poster is an infrequent poster named UTKVolsfan2013, who I don't know at all. Here's what he/she had to say about it:

"Eve Rackham picks up a MB transfer from North Carolina to fill the void left by Erica Treiber. 6'2" MB Ava Bell will come in as a sophomore to Tennessee! She was the No. 51 ranked player in the 2018 class coming out of high school."

"Here were her stats for the 2018 season: 91 sets played; 210 kills (2.31 p/set, ranked 3rd on team); .259 hitting percentage (2nd on team); 90 total blocks (0.99 p/set, ranked 1st on team)."

"North Carolina was not very good this year so I'll be interested to see what Ava Bell will be able to do with our coaching staff and better cast of players around her."

Terrific season for the Lady Vols! It smarts a little seeing Florida ranked ahead of us in the final poll, knowing that we clearly proved to be the 2nd best team to Kentucky in the conference. Florida advanced further by virtue of playing practically at home against a softer field. If UCF's season warranted believability to earn a 13 seed, then the Lady Vols remarkable turnaround deserved a reversal with Florida or WSU in the tournament placement IMO. But we vent and move on....

Interesting news about the potential transfer in Bell. And she would be eligible immediately, huh?

Terrific season for the Lady Vols! It smarts a little seeing Florida ranked ahead of us in the final poll, knowing that we clearly proved to be the 2nd best team to Kentucky in the conference. Florida advanced further by virtue of playing practically at home against a softer field. If UCF's season warranted believability to earn a 13 seed, then the Lady Vols remarkable turnaround deserved a reversal with Florida or WSU in the tournament placement IMO. But we vent and move on....

Interesting news about the potential transfer in Bell. And she would be eligible immediately, huh?

I'm still checking on the transfer...no luck yet...but assuming she is coming I have no idea if she will have to sit out a year or if she'll be able to compete right away. I really hope she is coming and won't have to sit a year.

Just a thought that crossed my mind while digging around on this transfer...I think we might have gotten some "insider" information from UTKVolsfan. Or maybe it's complete BS...who knows? I certainly don't. ;)

nice...Instant Karma...yep, welcome to Ava...she's got some 'speriance and a welcomed addition and she's from Texas...it's all good...:D

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: sccshortstop

VN Store

Back