Lady Vol 2021-22 Full Games on YouTube

Saunders got extended minutes like posters here have begged for and she did absolutely nothing. What is it goooood for? Lol

quote-war-what-s-it-good-for-absolutely-nothing-say-it-again-edwin-starr-98-79-30.jpg

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
this is the 2nd time the Lady Vols have beat the #15th ranked team....#15 has been quite nice to us

totally lucky to not lose that game. IU shot so many bricks when Tn was ready to give up. :(

Tennessee wasnā€™t scoring for a minute because they were exhausted from playing lockdown defense. Yā€™all slay me. Indiana laid bricks all game. Thatā€™s why we forced them to lay a bunch more in that fourth quarter. The paint was CLOSED from about the 5 minute mark on. Indiana is the team that quit and started playing not to lose.

Actually felt the LVs finished that game under control when they could have folded. Indiana was on their home court and they made a nice run in the 3rd quarter to get back in it. We kept playing our game and it worked out for us in the end. We executed out of two timeouts and got an easy layup and a steal with under 40 seconds when it was a 4 point game. Indiana coach had smoke coming out of her ears because her team was not executing.

Last edited:
Saunders got extended minutes like posters here have begged for and she did absolutely nothing. What is it goooood for? Lol

Relatively speaking, she did as much or more than teammates who got over twice the playing time. Without fouling out, either.

Compare her stats and minutes to the posts who played ahead of her.

Reactions: tn4everlvfl
Key 18 min. 1-3, 3 reb, 1 to, 5 pf, 2 pts.

KK. 15 min., 1-6, 7 reb, 1 to, 5 pf, 2 pts.

Saunders 8 min, 0-1, 3 reb., 0 to, 1 pf, 2 pts.

Note: No "garbage time" minutes from anyone.

No blocks, assists, or steals recorded for any of the three.

Key is definitely a defensive asset when she can stay on the floor. She's our best option, but she needs to stay in the game and contribute consistently on offense. If nothing else, she should be drawing fouls and getting to the line.

In all fairness to Key and KK in this game, they shouldn't have fouled out. There were a couple of "what were you looking at ref" foul calls on both of them. Key did slap down on at least 2 of the calls and they were legit but a couple of others were worthy of chewing some ref rear end.

I really enjoyed getting to see this game today after missing it yesterday. :D Tennessee's length had Indiana worrying so much about those long arms coming out at them that I think that's why they were throwing up so many bricks. It got in their heads. Overall I liked what I saw out of Tennessee although the difficulty we continue to have scoring under the basket is a major issue that I hope resolves itself soon.

I am impressed as I can be with Suarez's ball handling. If she were quicker she'd be really, really hard to stop. Even at her slower speed she made Indiana's best defender look average with a couple of nifty crossovers. And she's only a freshman! That bodes well for the future -- especially because she appears to really love playing college basketball for Tennessee. Her body language is terrific.

I looooooved that Emily Saunders so cooly hit those two big free throws. To me, given how few opportunities to experience shooting ANY shots in games this season, that she came into a big game and sunk both of hers yesterday was a good indicator that she has good focus. Love that!

Rennia Davis's nose for rebounds is amazing. While not to the level of Holdsclaw -- but then, who COULD be?! -- the way Rennia's body seems to automatically be in on most rebound opportunities certainly puts me in the mind of Chamique. And, obviously, her soft-touch scoring yesterday was sweet relief. Thank you, Rennia Davis!

Rae Burrell is my spirit animal. That is all.

Jordan Horston looked better yesterday in every way. I would love, though, to see her -- and Rae -- develop better rebounding instincts to help Rennia out on the boards. Granted, many offensive rebounding opportunities were lost because Tennessee was leaking back to prevent Indiana getting easy fast-break points, but I was deeply disappointed to see a number of boards go Indiana's way simply because we lost focus and stood and watched Indy grab them when with just a TINY amount of effort/movement it could have been our rebound.

Jordan Walker is still, I think, undervalued for all she brings to the team. She's dependable on both sides of the ball. So glad she's a Lady Vol.

Despite both players having each had a couple of nice plays, Kasi and Tamari are, for the most part, playing like two women who are thoroughly convinced that they are unlikely to make any of their shots and overly likely to get called for a foul on every play. Their hopelessly deflated body language made my overly empathetic psyche kick into overdrive. Ugh. Jon Harper, please help them. Make some calls. Kellie Harper, please find a way to make them feel better about themselves. Please.

I really enjoyed getting to see this game today after missing it yesterday. :D Tennessee's length had Indiana worrying so much about those long arms coming out at them that I think that's why they were throwing up so many bricks. It got in their heads. Overall I liked what I saw out of Tennessee although the difficulty we continue to have scoring under the basket is a major issue that I hope resolves itself soon.

I am impressed as I can be with Suarez's ball handling. If she were quicker she'd be really, really hard to stop. Even at her slower speed she made Indiana's best defender look average with a couple of nifty crossovers. And she's only a freshman! That bodes well for the future -- especially because she appears to really love playing college basketball for Tennessee. Her body language is terrific.

I looooooved that Emily Saunders so cooly hit those two big free throws. To me, given how few opportunities to experience shooting ANY shots in games this season, that she came into a big game and sunk both of hers yesterday was a good indicator that she has good focus. Love that!

Rennia Davis's nose for rebounds is amazing. While not to the level of Holdsclaw -- but then, who COULD be?! -- the way Rennia's body seems to automatically be in on most rebound opportunities certainly puts me in the mind of Chamique. And, obviously, her soft-touch scoring yesterday was sweet relief. Thank you, Rennia Davis!

Rae Burrell is my spirit animal. That is all.

Jordan Horston looked better yesterday in every way. I would love, though, to see her -- and Rae -- develop better rebounding instincts to help Rennia out on the boards. Granted, many offensive rebounding opportunities were lost because Tennessee was leaking back to prevent Indiana getting easy fast-break points, but I was deeply disappointed to see a number of boards go Indiana's way simply because we lost focus and stood and watched Indy grab them when with just a TINY amount of effort/movement it could have been our rebound.

Jordan Walker is still, I think, undervalued for all she brings to the team. She's dependable on both sides of the ball. So glad she's a Lady Vol.

Despite both players having each had a couple of nice plays, Kasi and Tamari are, for the most part, playing like two women who are thoroughly convinced that they are unlikely to make any of their shots and overly likely to get called for a foul on every play. Their hopelessly deflated body language made my overly empathetic psyche kick into overdrive. Ugh. Jon Harper, please help them. Make some calls. Kellie Harper, please find a way to make them feel better about themselves. Please.

well saidšŸ™ŒšŸ™Œ...........in the words of Rae Periodddddd
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Reactions: luballer
To think Suarez was a late arrival due to Covid. A full off season of strength and conditioning is going to do wonders for her overall development. You can tell she loves the game of basketball.

Kasi and TK are definitely frustrated. Some of the fouls are a result of not moving their feet and not standing straight up, but a lot of times it seems like they get fouls because they are taller and stronger. That mindset from refs is one of the things I dislike in the Womenā€™s game. Iā€™m still keeping the faith that it will starting clicking for them and calls will start going in their favor.

To say this, you obviously didnā€™t look at KK & TKā€™s stat lines? They had double the minutes as Emily and nearly the same stats. Iā€™m curious to know youā€™re definition of ā€œnothingā€?

Reactions: Bret178
Until Saunders starts to show a little toughness and physicality on the court, she should not be on it. I'm tired of watching passive post play. And that goes for key and KK too.

toughen up, buttercups! free Mccoy! as soon as her head clears. lol

To think Suarez was a late arrival due to Covid. A full off season of strength and conditioning is going to do wonders for her overall development. You can tell she loves the game of basketball.

Kasi and TK are definitely frustrated. Some of the fouls are a result of not moving their feet and not standing straight up, but a lot of times it seems like they get fouls because they are taller and stronger. That mindset from refs is one of the things I dislike in the Womenā€™s game. Iā€™m still keeping the faith that it will starting clicking for them and calls will start going in their favor.

I really like Tamari but It would helpful if she didn't reach over or around on defense. They used to call that a foul. I wouldn't get used to getting away with it in a tight game and on someone else's floor. Marta is a strong girl and used to contact so I'm hoping some of her will rub off and Tamari, KK and Emily will be better able to maintain focus through contact. In the end, if defenses continue to collapse, post points will be a challenge unless they develop in this area. I hope she does not become a target for internet bullies and decide to transfer.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
l saw one high school game for salary,puckett,striplin and darby. all stars of puckett,striplin . could somebody post high games for recuits and freshment players. all star games on youtube

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Wouldnā€™t it be amazing if ā€œfansā€ could literally be supportive instead of bash the players and their flaws? I mean, how awesome would you feel about yourself if anyone pulled out every single one of your flaws and talked pure crap about you and those flaws? Donā€™t you think these girls know their flaws? Donā€™t you think the coaches point out the flaws to the girls? The fans need to remember thatā€™s the coachesā€™ jobs. Yā€™all ainā€™t on the payroll.

VN Store

Back