Lady Vol 2021-22 Full Games on YouTube

I couldn't stomach watching more than the first 3 minutes of the replay. Why is Walker throwing the ball with such lazy passes. Then, doesn't get back on defense. etc etc etc. kellie should have chewed the whole damn team out after the 3rdTO. Anybody think Pat would have sat there like a stone watching that?

Personally, I think McCoy could replace Green and they would not lose a thing. Plus, she's 3 inches taller.

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Personally, I think McCoy could replace Green and they would not lose a thing. Plus, she's 3 inches taller.

Height had nothing to do with this. Green was very effective against the biggest and most athletic team we’ve played so far. McCoy is good for bodying up some players but doesn’t go up and get the ball like Green and this was the first time Green didn’t let her teammates have the rebound she took it. I think @mlindsay said it and i didn’t notice green was boxing out the games before and letting her teammates get the rebounds.

Our post play would of been even more of a liability on offense had it not been for her. Mccoy wouldn’t have provided that offensive spark nor the same amount of rebounds even with her height. Green just moved and positions herself better in the post.

As i said in another post if Key or KK had Greens energy or hands they’d be tough to deal with because she goes hard.

Height had nothing to do with this. Green was very effective against the biggest and most athletic team we’ve played so far. McCoy is good for bodying up some players but doesn’t go up and get the ball like Green and this was the first time Green didn’t let her teammates have the rebound she took it. I think @mlindsay said it and i didn’t notice green was boxing out the games before and letting her teammates get the rebounds.

Our post play would of been even more of a liability on offense had it not been for her. Mccoy wouldn’t have provided that offensive spark nor the same amount of rebounds even with her height. Green just moved and positions herself better in the post.

As i said in another post if Key or KK had Green's energy or hands they’d be tough to deal with because she goes hard.
Thanks for seeing what I have been saying! Imo, Green set out to battle with Esmery Martinez to prove that she could play against Power 5 schools. If she had KK or Key's height the conversation of if she could play at this level wouldn't be a discussion because she would've probably gone to a Power 5 school coming out of high school.

When she decided to box out and get the rebounds instead of boxing out and letting her teammates get it, she almost had a triple double, my only hope now is that we notice her when she has the person guarding her pinned in the paint and she is calling for the ball. She is often either wide open or have her opponent pinned deep and we look her way but pass it elsewhere.

Yikes. No. Massive basketball ability difference between the two there. Keyen is athletic and can catch the ball. Plays strong defense and boxes out. She’s definitely the right choice in this situation.

I noticed something the entire game that maybe isn't fixable in the defense they run, and is the shot they want to give up? IDK.

But everytime one of WV's players would drive they'd bring a LV post defender over and then the perimeter defense player would also follow them - leaving another WV player to slide over and then bury a 3. I'm pretty sure that every 3 WV made was in this fashion other than maybe one that Martinez sank from the top of the Key. Seems like that was WV's M.o. the whole game

tenor.gif

Not buying it ,eh? well, just wait. Green is the most over-hyped LV since the greatest of all time Marta S.

VN Store

Back