Lack of diversity in UT coaching staffs across all sports

I think the lack of diversity is one of the results of mishandling the athletics department between the time of Dickey leaving and Fulmer arriving. We had bad presidents, bad chancellors, and bad ADs.

I’m confused by her “no African-American coaches” statement and then comparing it “every other SEC school”. Only African-American HC is Mason at Vandy for football. UT has several African-American coaches in football and basketball and isn’t the track coach and tennis coach in that demographic for HC’s? She been gone awhile?

Edit: Ojeda is Hispanic and track coach is a white woman...so scratch that.

I’m confused by her “no African-American coaches” statement and then comparing it “every other SEC school”. Only African-American HC is Mason at Vandy for football. UT has several African-American coaches in football and basketball and isn’t the track coach and tennis coach in that demographic for HC’s? She been gone awhile?

Edit: Ojeda is Hispanic and track coach is a white woman...so scratch that.
I love Kara but i am not sure the trustees should say this at this time or maybe never. Actions speak louder than words. We have had AA head coaches in the past in will in the future and comparing to SEC as a whole is silly. I truly think that at this time we have the best head coach in all sports for our university. Another complaint about the color rather than the quality where ole whitey is irrelevant as long as a person of color is in the position.

I’d have never dreamed Kara was an everybody plays the same and gets a trophy.
When Pruitt was hired Mel Tucker turned us down, and who else was in the class of Pruitt it’s pretty hard to fault CJP for his staff or empathy for minorities
When Barnes was hired do you turn down a HOF coach to be diverse? We’ve had black coaches in the past and a significant part of Barnes staff is diverse including IMO his replacement.
Should we fire Ralph and Karen who built the program?
I guess her complaint is that we hired Kelly and her husband.
The jury is still out on Kelly but it’s pretty hard to legitimately fault any of our HC’s

UT has been a leader in diversity. Lester McClain, Condredge Holloway, Wade Houston, etc...

Being competitive, titles, history, graduation rates, recruitment success and turning out pros...that is what sells The University of Tennessee.

Not the coach’s skin color..

UT has been a leader in diversity. Lester McClain, Condredge Holloway, Wade Houston, etc...

Being competitive, titles, history, graduation rates, recruitment success and turning out pros...that is what sells The University of Tennessee.

Poor little Kara has been drinking the ESPN Kool-aid. Too bad she, like many other liberals, have to have an attempt at re-writing history. UT had one of the first black basketball coaches in the SEC with Wade Houston. It probably does not fit her agenda that we hired Cuonzo Martin in the last 10 years.
Personally, I think she should apologize to the university for distorting the facts. But that will never happen on ESPN.

I'd add that, in the rare case that a recruit's first filter of evaluation on whether to sign with UT or not happens to be the race of the coach...maybe we're better off without them regardless of Hudl highlights and star ratings. If these kids want to play for Tennessee, by and large they'll be looking at exactly what you listed.

Poor little Kara has been drinking the ESPN Kool-aid. Too bad she, like many other liberals, have to have an attempt at re-writing history. UT had one of the first black basketball coaches in the SEC with Wade Houston. It probably does not fit her agenda that we hired Cuonzo Martin in the last 10 years.
Personally, I think she should apologize to the university for distorting the facts. But that will never happen on ESPN.

Wade Houston was the FIRST black BB coach in the SEC. Condredge Holloway was the FIRST black QB in the SEC. Lester McClain was one of the first black football players in the SEC.

ESPN, all of media and their employees, are dipped into the liberal cesspool....or go jobless...

Honestly thought the new track coach was Black. Barring a surprise, men's BB coach will be after CRB leaves, and if CKH doesn't work, her successor probably will be. Football is the more intriguing. Playing the long game, after CJP's long, successful career he is followed by either Martin or Ainsley. Currently, two of the four key executives of FB are Black-SC,DC.

I want to believe that my university will hire the best candidate interested regardless of race.

I didn’t think about that Kara is probably required to make these statements to keep her job.

Reactions: oz615 and onevol74
I didn’t think about that Kara is probably required to make these statements to keep her job.
Up until now i though she was a great addition to the BOT but it seems as the true colors always come out! It may be her alma mater just like most all on this board but many of us call the great state of Tennessee home since day one. She is not one of us and trying to sling shot against the wall to hope it sticks is maybe a little racists at just the right time for the agenda!

Wade Houston was the FIRST black BB coach in the SEC. Condredge Holloway was the FIRST black QB in the SEC. Lester McClain was one of the first black football players in the SEC.

ESPN, all of media and their employees, are dipped into the liberal cesspool....or go jobless...
I seem to recall a lot of people being fired up about Lovie Smith, his plane is still circling. Haha

I’d have never dreamed Kara was an everybody plays the same and gets a trophy.
When Pruitt was hired Mel Tucker turned us down, and who else was in the class of Pruitt it’s pretty hard to fault CJP for his staff or empathy for minorities
When Barnes was hired do you turn down a HOF coach to be diverse? We’ve had black coaches in the past and a significant part of Barnes staff is diverse including IMO his replacement.
Should we fire Ralph and Karen who built the program?
I guess her complaint is that we hired Kelly and her husband.
The jury is still out on Kelly but it’s pretty hard to legitimately fault any of our HC’s
To be clear, Tucker turned us down for DC? Never heard that.

Does she know the religions, political beliefs, and cultural backgrounds of all the coaches? Does she know the decision-making processes, educations, and experiences of every coach at Tennessee?

I'm legitimately tired of the actual racists that think "diversity" is reflected on a single, meaningless, surface-level factor like skin tone.

I have to wonder why Kara chose to play for a white coach in college? Might it possibly have been because the best coach in the country happened to be white? Why didn’t the color of that coach’s skin make a difference then? It appears that she used a system that promoted racism in her own mind as a
pillar of her career.
Whatever happened to the statement by Dr. King, “When we judge people not by the color of their skin, but what they have in their heart?”
It is amazing how many people with racist ideology are coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden.
By the way, I taught my daughter to idolize Kara as a player at UT.

She is reaching. She should address this with the school. And is she qualified to be our HC? Bring it!

VN Store

Back