6-1
CLASS OF 20
METAIRIE, LA
(ARCHBISHOP RUMMEL)

Koy Moore, Archbishop Rummel, Wide Receiver

Koy Moore, 2020 Wide Receiver - Rivals

Koy Moore - Hudl

Last edited:
The Metairie, La., native is a great case study for the Vols’ new recruiting approach. Tennessee has more than 20 months to continue to build a relationship with Moore before he makes his final decision. LSU and Alabama historically take the vast majority of top prospects from Louisiana. Pruitt is gambling that the Vols can pull some of that talent.

The Vols are talking with Moore every other week. The receiver, who doesn’t plan to trim his list until next year, has been made a priority in Tennessee’s 2020 class.

Moore said he believes Tennessee can come into The Boot and recruit at a high level.

“It’s a beautiful place, I heard,” Moore said. “It’s SEC football. That’s the biggest conference to play in. The coaching staff seems cool.”

He plans to visit Tennessee this month if his schedule works out. Even if it doesn’t happen in April, there is an intent to get to campus and see what the new staff is offering.

The visit will be a crucial one. Moore has been to LSU and Georgia, and says LSU, Georgia and Tennessee are recruiting him the hardest. A solid visit would keep the Vols near the top of his list.

The 6-foot-1, 170-pound Moore runs track and thinks his catching ability is his biggest strength on the football field. He said he “loves to block” cornerbacks, which is something Johnson values from his wide receivers.

Moore’s relationship with the coaching staff and offensive fit will be his determining factors. Moore plays in a pro-style offense for Archbishop Rummel, so the offensive fit lines up well.

Still, this is a top prospect in Louisiana and LSU has jumped on him early. But Moore believes the Vols are very much in the conversation.

“Yeah, [Tennessee] can get me.”
-SEC Country

I don't post too much in the RF so I hope I am doing this right.....

Four-star 2020 WR Koy Moore decommitted from USC.

"My relationship with USC became strained with the coaching changes," Moore explained on Twitter, seemingly referencing the departure of former USC OC Tee Martin,

Koy Moore - High School Players - 2019 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

VN Store

Back