'21 LA WR Keon Coleman

The 6-foot-4, 200-pound Coleman said Tennessee had "been showing interest" before the offer, and he was happy to get an offer from the Vols. He now holds offers from more than half of the teams in the SEC.

"It was number 50 from a school I can thrive in, with the recruits they have coming in," said Coleman, who's ranked by 247Sports as the No. 115 overall prospect and No. 14 wide receiver in the 2021 class and the No. 5 senior from the state of Louisiana.

"They're a great program and they're good at letting their (wide receivers) go crazy."

Coleman said Martin told him that the Vols want to add him "so I can catch TDs and break records with Kaidon Salter," referring to Tennessee's four-star Class of 2021 quarterback commitment from Cedar Hill (Texas) High School.

"We talk," Coleman said. "He wants me to come take over with him."

But Coleman said Salter being committed to Tennessee is "not so much" a big deal that's likely to play a major role in his final decision.

"It helps, though," Coleman said.
callahan

Would love to sneak in and steal a 6'4, 200+ lbs, 4-star, WR out of Louisiana, that has mad basketball skills. Kids like Wideman and Coleman are the future of WRs, imo. I know, Randy Moss was the founding father of that type of WR, so give me and UT as many as these kids as we can get. Of course, getting that kid with speed like Moss is when it really pays off. Still, a couple of Plexico Burress' will always help a team, even if they can't run like Moss. Not saying this kid can't run, because I don't know, but I seriously doubt he has Moss-like speed.

Would love to sneak in and steal a 6'4, 200+ lbs, 4-star, WR out of Louisiana, that has mad basketball skills. Kids like Wideman and Coleman are the future of WRs, imo. I know, Randy Moss was the founding father of that type of WR, so give me and UT as many as these kids as we can get. Of course, getting that kid with speed like Moss is when it really pays off. Still, a couple of Plexico Burress' will always help a team, even if they can't run like Moss. Not saying this kid can't run, because I don't know, but I seriously doubt he has Moss-like speed.
In watching his junior highlights, I didn't see any speed coming off the line. He just kinda jogs a few yards and gets behind smaller DB's. I didn't see anyone really pushing him. Didn't look like his high school game would strike fear in SEC DB's. Might be why LSU hasn't offered him.

VN Store

Back