'19 LA TE Ray Parker

This so dumb, do you think Raekwon Davis has a low center of gravity at 6’7”? He has to really get down low but he is still an elite DL. There is no reason why this kid can’t learn to do the same and if he has the right size, strength, and speed he can become a really good lineman. He actually has a prototypical 3-4 WDE frame

Its not dumb, it doesn't necessarily have to do with his height (although that does have a bearing)... he plays high, very very high. We don't have to agree but no other SEC program is going to offer him at DL, and for good reason, heck, I serious doubt anyone offers him at TE. There are big guys all over the state of Louisiana, the vast majority of them can't play DL in the SEC. Maybe, just maybe he plays TE in HS for a reason, and the same reason all the other schools offer him at OT and the scouting services rate him on being an OT. (that doesn't mean everyone is right, but it isn't dumb just because you disagree)

I expect him to sign with LSU, but as I said, if he walked I wouldn't be upset, he is a major project. LSU is just desperate at trying to find some OTs.

Last edited:
Reactions: AppStVol
Its not dumb, it doesn't necessarily have to do with his height (although that does have a bearing)... he plays high, very very high. We don't have to agree but no other SEC program is going to offer him at DL, and for good reason, heck, I serious doubt anyone offers him at TE. There are big guys all over the state of Louisiana, the vast majority of them can't play DL in the SEC. Maybe, just maybe he plays TE in HS for a reason, and the same reason all the other schools offer him at OT and the scouting services rate him on being an OT. (that doesn't mean everyone is right, but it isn't dumb just because you disagree)

I expect him to sign with LSU, but as I said, if he walked I wouldn't be upset, he is a major project. LSU is just desperate at trying to find some OTs.
We all know you’re coming in here and pissing all over the guy in a passive agrresive manner to make yourself feel better about possibly losing him. Stop with the act big guy.

Reactions: Bobo0101
This dude is what Rivals used to refer to as a Jumbo Athlete back in the day.

Where the big guys at? Aight?

Get him on campus.

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
FOOTBALLRuston, Louisiana four star prospect Ray Parker was one of three official visitors for the Vols this weekend and the LSU commitment liked what he saw in his first trip to Rocky Top.
“Tennessee is definitely a great school,” Parker said. “They showed me much love this weekend and I’m definitely considering coming here now.”
The 6-5, 250 pound prospect has been linked to multiple positions from the defensive line to the offensive line and tight end. Parker said in his discussions with the Vols this weekend, if he chose the orange and white, it would be to play tight end.
“Tennessee and I strictly discussed tight end and nothing else,” Parker said. “I think it’s a great offense. I think they have great plans here and an offense that’s going to be successful.”
The Vols offense is now under the direction of new offensive coordinator Jim Chaney who Parker spent a good bit of time with.
“We really never discussed playing time. We just discussed what the depth chart looked like. We talked about coming in and working hard as a freshman and competing for playing time,” Parker said.
For Parker the opportunity to compete for playing time is important but at the top of his list of priorities in picking a school is people and he was impressed with what he saw over the weekend.
“I didn’t really know much about Tennessee. But me and coach (Terry) Fair have a good relationship. We linked up and we were talking about it. He told me once I got up here to Tennessee that I would have a great time and and definitely did,” Parker said.
“They have some great people here. Throughout the facility and throughout the city, I met some wonderful people here who showed me a lot of love this weekend. I hung out most of the time with Dom (Dominique Wood-Anderson). He definitely showed me a lot of things about Tennessee.”
Up next for Parker is likely a visit to the west coast in what might be his final trip before signing day.
“I just felt like the process was too early in December,” Parker explained on why he didn’t sign in the early period. “I really hadn’t taken all my visits yet. So I wasn’t ready to sign at that point,” Parker said.
“I might go visit USC (Southern Cal) and that might conclude all my trips.”
Parker, who made the trip by himself, said distance would not be a factor in his final decision and that after a weekend on Rocky Top, the Vols are “definitely a possibility."

- Hubbs

FOOTBALLRuston, Louisiana four star prospect Ray Parker was one of three official visitors for the Vols this weekend and the LSU commitment liked what he saw in his first trip to Rocky Top.
“Tennessee is definitely a great school,” Parker said. “They showed me much love this weekend and I’m definitely considering coming here now.”
The 6-5, 250 pound prospect has been linked to multiple positions from the defensive line to the offensive line and tight end. Parker said in his discussions with the Vols this weekend, if he chose the orange and white, it would be to play tight end.
“Tennessee and I strictly discussed tight end and nothing else,” Parker said. “I think it’s a great offense. I think they have great plans here and an offense that’s going to be successful.”
The Vols offense is now under the direction of new offensive coordinator Jim Chaney who Parker spent a good bit of time with.
“We really never discussed playing time. We just discussed what the depth chart looked like. We talked about coming in and working hard as a freshman and competing for playing time,” Parker said.
For Parker the opportunity to compete for playing time is important but at the top of his list of priorities in picking a school is people and he was impressed with what he saw over the weekend.
“I didn’t really know much about Tennessee. But me and coach (Terry) Fair have a good relationship. We linked up and we were talking about it. He told me once I got up here to Tennessee that I would have a great time and and definitely did,” Parker said.
“They have some great people here. Throughout the facility and throughout the city, I met some wonderful people here who showed me a lot of love this weekend. I hung out most of the time with Dom (Dominique Wood-Anderson). He definitely showed me a lot of things about Tennessee.”
Up next for Parker is likely a visit to the west coast in what might be his final trip before signing day.
“I just felt like the process was too early in December,” Parker explained on why he didn’t sign in the early period. “I really hadn’t taken all my visits yet. So I wasn’t ready to sign at that point,” Parker said.
“I might go visit USC (Southern Cal) and that might conclude all my trips.”
Parker, who made the trip by himself, said distance would not be a factor in his final decision and that after a weekend on Rocky Top, the Vols are “definitely a possibility."

- Hubbs
I just watched his film finally, and I really, really like the upside he brings as a TE. Would really like to add him to this class.

With his being his first trip and not bringing his parents I think he will more than likely stick with LSU. It sounds like he is just using his visits to experience new places and have a good time which nothing is wrong with that.

I just feel bad that LSU will be stuck with the player who is not big enough for the position can play or atheltic enough to play the positions he is big enough to play. Real shame LSU will have to take this guy.

Why are you so angry? (strange) What am I butthurt about? Get your life together man.

He's going to be an OT at LSU, but he is a project at OT. Nobody is going to be surprised if he is a bust, or if he ends up being a decent OT, a decent TE is probably not in the cards. If he was refusing to play another position, he would have had his offer pulled. I expect him to sign with LSU (as far as I know ), but he'll have to add weight or he will be processed in the coming year. My personal opinion, I would rather LSU didn't sign him, these project OT guys never work out for LSU.

Do I like him, not really, do I expect LSU to sign him, yes. If he wasn't willing to play OT, he would not have a LSU offer, he was not allowed to sign with LSU because of grades in December.

Not sure what there is to get all upset about.

Nobody is upset here. Think it is the other way. We are all puzzled why you are on this site pointing out deficiencies of this player. What do you expect to achieve?

After visiting with Parker, I still believe that he will be hard to flip from LSU. He wants to play tight end. He was impressed with everything this weekend and the Vols are in it so we will see. But he will be tough to get out of Louisiana.
-Hubbs

Reactions: SweetAsSodaPop
"Suddenly he is back to being best TE in the country" - signed LSU-SIU

If he was being evaluated at TE, he wouldn't be rated by the rating agencies. I'm sorry, if your feelings are hurt from some unknown strange reason. If he wants to play in the SEC he is a major project, will have to add 20-40 lbs. and improve his footwork and transition to OT, see where he is after a redshirt year, might have to be processed if he can't play OT.

I don't even know why he plays football based on LSU-SIU evaluation

Probably the same reasons why people play sports, I never said he couldn't play football, I only said his chances of seeing significant time on the field in the SEC other than OT is slim to none. He will have to transition to OT, redshirt, add weight, and get much better footwork - I could see it going either way as far as him making the transition. He could stay at TE but he is basically done to only a few schools that need a large blocking TE, he'll be lucky to see a few plays a game.

I expect him to sign with LSU, but he would never get on the field at DL, and would be lucky to see the field more than a few times a game at TE (blocking). (its not complex, you don't have to agree with me, or everyone else that has evaluated him.... the evaluation on Ray Parker is easy, someone like Jacob Stevens is tough and remains tough on what to do with him)

Last edited:
He says in 247 article we only have 1 TE coming back....so does that mean bumphus is moving to DL and pope/Brown are out? Or just talk

He says in 247 article we only have 1 TE coming back....so does that mean bumphus is moving to DL and pope/Brown are out? Or just talk
Probably just talk.

Reactions: VOLuptuousBOOMS
With his being his first trip and not bringing his parents I think he will more than likely stick with LSU. It sounds like he is just using his visits to experience new places and have a good time which nothing is wrong with that.

I just feel bad that LSU will be stuck with the player who is not big enough for the position can play or atheltic enough to play the positions he is big enough to play. Real shame LSU will have to take this guy.
Seent. 😁

VN Store

Back