'18 LA S Kelvin Joseph

Another broken link Freak. This Kelvin Joseph thread takes you to peeing match over Butch’s recruiting abilities.

Reactions: 1 person
And my argument is he really didn’t work that hard. He landed 1 consensus 5 star while he was here and that recruit was a legacy. Fulmer used to get 5 stars all the time. Remember, this is Tennessee.

1?

Jalen Hurd, Alvin Kamara, Kahlil McKenzie, Kyle Phillips, Jonathan Kongbo, Drew Richmond

I don't care to look up all of these on both sites, but some were 5 stars on both. These guys were all 4/5 stars on multiple sites. The Chris Donald, Ben Martin, Kenny O'Neil type recruits didn't work for Fulmer.

Reactions: 2 people
1?

Jalen Hurd, Alvin Kamara, Kahlil McKenzie, Kyle Phillips, Jonathan Kongbo, Drew Richmond

I don't care to look up all of these on both sites, but some were 5 stars on both. These guys were all 4/5 stars on multiple sites. The Chris Donald, Ben Martin, Kenny O'Neil type recruits didn't work for Fulmer.

Khalil. That’s it. He recruited good enough for us to be the 3rd most talented team in the East. Bottom line.

Khalil. That’s it. He recruited good enough for us to be the 3rd most talented team in the East. Bottom line.

Phillips, Hurd, and Kamara were all 5 stars on Rivals and 247. I don't really care what consensus means- they were 5 stars.

In Fulmer's hay day, recruiting coverage wasn't nearly as extensive. Apples and oranges.

I thought maybe that there was some good info being posted or some good news with now 2 pages of posts in the thread... boy was I wrong.

We're Tennessee. Yes, we're down right now, but historically, we're a top 10 program. We can be again, but we won't be if we keep the losing mentality that's been pounded into us the past 10 years. We have to be the sleeping giant that wakes up and shakes the college football foundation to its knees. Will it happen? I don't know. The point is, it could happen, but only if we fight for it. You can't give up before you even start.

we share the same thoughts. We've had loser administration, loser coaches and it has unfortunately rubbed off on some fans. Flush that mess down the toilet and value this program with high esteem and think like a champ.....from the top down. Hopefully that's what we are witnessing at the top now

You guys taking constant shots at Butch are getting old. Butch probably knew he was going to Bama or Georgia so he didn't waste the time on him. Now that we have Pruitt, this kid is more a possibility. Butch certainly had his faults but working hard at recruiting wasn't one of them.

Never assume anything in recruiting. You never know what can happen.

You guys taking constant shots at Butch are getting old. Butch probably knew he was going to Bama or Georgia so he didn't waste the time on him. Now that we have Pruitt, this kid is more a possibility. Butch certainly had his faults but working hard at recruiting wasn't one of them.

Butch worked hard but he never truly asked the hot chick to the dance. He'd on the occasion ask one that he had a significant tie to, but otherwise asked averaging look girls. Never more evident by the amount of offers and to whom have been offered they aimed low quite a bit.

tough to get 4-5 Star kids out of the Bayou...those kids are wiened on Bengal juice...crazy...:):)

GO VOLS!

20 people liked this? Sad. Butch was WAY overrated at recruiting and it’s showing now.

Reactions: 11 people
20 people liked this? Sad. Butch was WAY overrated at recruiting and it’s showing now.

I think it is still debatable about his recruiting. Personally, I think it was more a problem of player development than recruiting, and I think we will see a lot of players suddenly/magically become better players.

All we can do is wait and see (and debate).

I think it is still debatable about his recruiting. Personally, I think it was more a problem of player development than recruiting, and I think we will see a lot of players suddenly/magically become better players.

All we can do is wait and see (and debate).

Same

VN Store

Back